Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is on the 18th at 12pm I'm starting to feel like giving up. I don't feel like I have any support from anyone. My mom doesn't want me to get the surgery I'm scared that I won't make it. I don't know how too feel anymore. Tomorrow is my last meal. Cause I start the liquid diet on the 11th I feel like giving up. Things have not been the same for me these last 5 months I have been nothing but miserable with my love life. I feel like I should just give up and not get the surgery. But this is honestly something I've been wanting my entire life. I did my research for two years also I'm just in a scared and depressed state right now:(

Awwww, I felt sad when I read your post. What do YOU want for yourself? Whatever you decide, make sure it's what YOU want. Too bad there are no support groups associated w your hospital or in your community.

I'm thinking of starting one on paltalk.com. That would be an open mic room.

In any case, we're here for you. You can also message me on this site if you want to.

Hugs.

Hopefully this website/fourm will help... It has been helping me through some tough time recently...

Good luck on your surgery and if this is what YOU want then do it! Do not be disgorged just think of how happy and healthier you feel...

And one of the best things is shopping for smaller clothes!

DONT GIVE UP! Keep your head up and firm feet on the ground...

Good luck to you :)

Being scared is a normal feeling. There are risks involved, minimal risks but still risks. Its ok to feel the way you do, but the long term gains ( healthier body, weightliss, etc.) are worth the risk. I hope you can see your way through this, make an informed decision and be happy!!!

Thank you both :) how was surgery for you?

I had one surgery on July 15th all was well then my stomach flopped over, this rarely happens its nothing i did wrong nothing the docs did wrong just pure dumb luck, go figure.

So the repaired it with another surgery on Aug 15th one month later and i'm telling you that i feel like I've been through hell and back... BUT i will tell you one thing although regretting it for a long time i've been slowly coming around to being GRATEFUL for this experience. It was a hard fight but chalk worth it in the end. I'm feeling hot and sexy in my new clothes went from 18 to a 13 even twelve depending on the brand :) its still hard to balance my new lifestyle with the eating and drinking enough to not starve or be dehydrated but each day its getting better and better :)

On the website lookhuman.com you can get a t-shirt that says YOU DO YOU. So, my suggestion is to just do what you need to do to get healthy. Yeah, it's gonna be scary, especially if you have never had a surgery before, but that is how this forum got here.........so that you have someone to hold your hand to get you through the tough parts. Sorry that you don't have support at home, but you do have support here.

My surgery is on the 18th at 12pm I'm starting to feel like giving up. I don't feel like I have any support from anyone. My mom doesn't want me to get the surgery I'm scared that I won't make it. I don't know how too feel anymore. Tomorrow is my last meal. Cause I start the liquid diet on the 11th I feel like giving up. Things have not been the same for me these last 5 months I have been nothing but miserable with my love life. I feel like I should just give up and not get the surgery. But this is honestly something I've been wanting my entire life. I did my research for two years also I'm just in a scared and depressed state right now:(

Hey my friend, don't be scared...we are in this, and we took the best decision for our lives and health.....so stay positive please! I will have my surgery on sept 18 at 11am!!!! So keep in touch with me...good luck to you :)