Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two years after surgery going on surgery #5

It's been two years after my Sleeve and besides being obese I did not have any medical issues. Since my sleeve I've had my gall bladder taken out part of my lung removed a hole in my stomach closed and now I have a hernia coming from my stomach threw my diaphragm resting on my lung with part of my colon. I've just turned 26 and never had an issue with my health not even high blood pressure. This time last year I received my second chance at life being so close to death now this year I'm not being so positive anymore. Has anyone else had issues after the sleeve?

You sure have been through alot in your 2 yr post-op!

You're very lucky you didn't have any co-morbidities at your start weight.

I'm guessing without the weight loss they would have shown up soon.

Gall bladder issues are common after any drastic drop in weight. Both I and a neighbor had ours out after doing a "slim-fast" diet together about 15 yrs ago after losing 50-70 lbs in a fairly short time.

I had a hernia which I knew nothing about but it was repaired during the sleeve surgery.

I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out.

You look great in your before/after pics by the way!!

You have a ways to go to catch up to me hun....I have had 11 surgeries since I was sleeved Nov.5 2012....it hasn't been a picnic for me either..But! I am glad I did it..will always be glad I did it...

Almost lost my life but the surgery gave me my life back.....sounds strange but it is true!!!

Hold on girl..It to will pass...and you will continue on your journey....

Just out of curiosity where did you have your initial sleeve surgery?

It's been two years after my Sleeve and besides being obese I did not have any medical issues. Since my sleeve I've had my gall bladder taken out part of my lung removed a hole in my stomach closed and now I have a hernia coming from my stomach threw my diaphragm resting on my lung with part of my colon. I've just turned 26 and never had an issue with my health not even high blood pressure. This time last year I received my second chance at life being so close to death now this year I'm not being so positive anymore. Has anyone else had issues after the sleeve?

This is what I'm afraid of I don't have any medical issues either. I'm still waiting on approval. How did you end up with part of your lung removed? I hope things get better for you!!!

Just out of curiosity where did you have your initial sleeve surgery?

I had my sleeve done at Lennox hill in NYC

My lung was removed because my stomach formed a leak to my lung and was so hidden many doctors could not find it and my stomach was leaking into my lung for like a year until the point I got pneumonia on my 25th birthday that was so bad my lung collapsed and they had up resection it. The way it was explained was this has never happened before. I still believe the sleeve was the best thing I ever did

My lung was removed because my stomach formed a leak to my lung and was so hidden many doctors could not find it and my stomach was leaking into my lung for like a year until the point I got pneumonia on my 25th birthday that was so bad my lung collapsed and they had up resection it. The way it was explained was this has never happened before. I still believe the sleeve was the best thing I ever did

I'm so sorry you have gone trough all this. I hope it all gets better for you.

We (my wife and I) hope you find a path to health and well being soon after all these surgeries post VSG. I know you just want to be normal again. Prayers sent your way.

Are all your complications due directly from the sleeve? Genuine question. Is it because there is more room in the abdominal cavity that your other organs have more room to migrate? I'm healthy as well -- just fat -- and worry about these types of complications down the road.

Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted