Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im going into my 7th week since my sleeve surgery,i have lost around 30lbs. so far,is their anything I shoud be doing special at this time since my surgery,im taking my pills that they told me,also im eating what they told me even though I have cheated a little and have eaten some human food, is this alright I don't want to screw anything up. what is everyone else eating at this time since surgery. I feel fine no pain alittle tired and weak, probably from not eating that much. If their is anyone out their that can tel me if im doing ok or should I be doing something different could you please let me know,my email is wwdog60@yahoo.com .I don't want to ruin all that I have worked so hard for. Thanks so much. Wayne

Wayne, there's so much to absorb but if I can simplify generally accepted guidelines, it's eat your Protein, drink you Water, exercise as much as you comfortably can, don't eat to the point of discomfort, don't exceed the calories you were told to stick to, and don't eat simple carbs.

Easier said than done I know, but them's the rules :)

I would ask what you mean by human food, if you mean sliders or the old unhealthy fare I would urge you to reconsider.

I would ask what you mean by human food, if you mean sliders or the old unhealthy fare I would urge you to reconsider.

What I meant by human food was just anything other than my Vitamins and Protein Drinks, like I tried some meat very little,some Cereal, rice krispies, couple pieces of candy, things like that did not eat enough to make me sick,i know better than that,just wondering if anyone else has experimented yet,Im sure I half to be on vitamins for life right,and also Protein drinks which I like they taste good,i just don't want to blow it,you see I had my surgery in Las Vegas Nevada and I live in NY quite a distance away,so I don't see my doctor like most people do who live closer,i should probably hook up with a nutritionist in my area whom is familiar with this procedure right.Thank You

I would avoid cereal and candy. At 7 weeks, meat well chewed in small amounts, and cooked veggies and fruit, hummus and maybe even nut in small amounts should be OK. Nut butters and legumes and such are generally ok. Your tummy will let you know if it doesnt like something.

Even more than what you eat at this stage is how you eat it. I really encourage as near to a mono meal as possible, and take notes how well your body handled that food.

Oh, yeah - and avoid the nightshade family, tomatoes and such.

A nutritionist in your area could be good support for you. Also make sure your regular doctor is aware of your surgery, just in case he would need the info maybe have a summary record sent from your VSG doc to put with your patient file.

I'm into my 7th week post-op. I have been eating regular foods for about 4 weeks now. My doctor only had me on liquids 1 week and pureed the 2-3rd week. The 4-5th week I began soft solids and since week 5 I've been introducing solids. My doctor wants me eating 2 servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables per day. I'm still eating greek yogurt for the Protein. But, I am eating my protein now rather than protein drinks. My doctor also wants me to have one serving of carbs/day. I can have one slice of whole wheat toast or 1/2 of a potato. I'm still not eating any regular bread, rice, or Pasta. I recently started eating salads again. For example, today I had a slice of whole wheat toast with two slices of melted muenster cheese (13g protein), mid-morning I will eat an orange, For lunch, I will have about 1/2 cup of salad with 3oz grilled chicken (24g protein), around 3pm I will have a few baby carrots. For dinner, I will have 3oz of lean steak with 1/3 cup of string Beans (24g protein), and before bed time I will have a greek yogurt with a little bit of granola (12g protein). For today, this will give me 73g of protein but it'll probably be a little closer to 80g because I drink about a 8oz of skim milk throughout the day. I see so many different doctor-recommended eating plans after this surgery on this site. I'm very pleased with my progress. I am losing about 5lbs/week on my plan. I have lost a total of 38lbs (32 lbs since surgery). I don't feel deprived and being able to eat real food keeps my head hunger under control. Don't get me wrong, I have tried eating things that I shouldn't eat. I have had candy, a piece of chocolate, oreo Cookies, and popcorn. Not at once! But, I have sampled these over the course of the past few weeks. For me, the days that I don't plan out my meals and stick to my eating schedule is when I am more likely to eat something that I shouldn't. It is getting easier and easier. I went to dinner with friends on Sunday and I had no desire to reach out for the bread basket! I was so pleased. I just ate my salad with grilled chicken...and I had left-over for lunch the next day! i also had a bite of mushroom appetizer. I felt very satisfied and not deprived at all. Oh..and I had about 3 glasses of wine! I won't be doing that again any time soon! If you can, definitely look into a nutritionist in your area. Every time I go to my NUT I get invaluable guidance. Best of luck to you!

I'm into my 7th week post-op. I have been eating regular foods for about 4 weeks now. My doctor only had me on liquids 1 week and pureed the 2-3rd week. The 4-5th week I began soft solids and since week 5 I've been introducing solids. My doctor wants me eating 2 servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables per day. I'm still eating greek yogurt for the Protein. But' date=' I am eating my Protein now rather than protein drinks. My doctor also wants me to have one serving of carbs/day. I can have one slice of whole wheat toast or 1/2 of a potato. I'm still not eating any regular bread, rice, or Pasta. I recently started eating salads again. For example, today I had a slice of whole wheat toast with two slices of melted muenster cheese (13g protein), mid-morning I will eat an orange, For lunch, I will have about 1/2 cup of salad with 3oz grilled chicken (24g protein), around 3pm I will have a few baby carrots. For dinner, I will have 3oz of lean steak with 1/3 cup of string Beans (24g protein), and before bed time I will have a greek yogurt with a little bit of granola (12g protein). For today, this will give me 73g of protein but it'll probably be a little closer to 80g because I drink about a 8oz of skim milk throughout the day. I see so many different doctor-recommended eating plans after this surgery on this site. I'm very pleased with my progress. I am losing about 5lbs/week on my plan. I have lost a total of 38lbs (32 lbs since surgery). I don't feel deprived and being able to eat real food keeps my head hunger under control. Don't get me wrong, I have tried eating things that I shouldn't eat. I have had candy, a piece of chocolate, oreo Cookies, and popcorn. Not at once! But, I have sampled these over the course of the past few weeks. For me, the days that I don't plan out my meals and stick to my eating schedule is when I am more likely to eat something that I shouldn't. It is getting easier and easier. I went to dinner with friends on Sunday and I had no desire to reach out for the bread basket! I was so pleased. I just ate my salad with grilled chicken...and I had left-over for lunch the next day! i also had a bite of mushroom appetizer. I felt very satisfied and not deprived at all. Oh..and I had about 3 glasses of wine! I won't be doing that again any time soon! If you can, definitely look into a nutritionist in your area. Every time I go to my NUT I get invaluable guidance. Best of luck to you![/quote']

What kind of exercises and how often