Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else using Transformations in Flowood, Mississippi?

Hi everyone! I survived! ..... am enjoying some Decaf coffee because its the only thing that doesnt taste sweet beyond measure. am getting some sugar free gatoraid today-plan to drink it to excess to make up for slacking on the Water (due to the sweet/soapy taste everything has-even plain water). am looking forward to moving to full liquids tomorrow. already planning my pudding fest! :) oh--if you have never heard this line before--BELIEVE IT---"never trust a fart". sorry if TMI but seriously' date=' half of my walking is from running back and forth to the bathroom not knowing if I just have gas or you know what!!!!! :) I wish all of you the best in your journeys!! Let's keep up and keep each other informed and supported. going to go get a hot shower now! have a wonderful Sunday-attend church if you are able. May God's glory be found in all of our stories.[/quote']

Glad you're back! I had the same issues but discovered it was my Protein doing it. I switched and have been fine since! I have discovered that I have lost a desire for sweets-I can't stomach (lol) them any longer. As for the water-have you considered Smart Water? I use it for safekeeping since I'm still working on getting it all in.

Hi Ladies. I'm using Dr Cummins as well. I've just got started in the process and met with my Nutritionist last week. I was under the impression that everything would be done at Baptist Hospital. Why are the rest of you Cummins patients doing it at CMMC? I've started my mandatory 3 month supervised diet prior to surgery. I have Federal BCBS and I know they will approve the surgery but I still have to jump through the hoops. Waiting on my appointment for my colonoscopy and the other stuff. Looking at this time life I suspect my surgery will be scheduled for February. I can't wait. I'm in the Jackson area and Im glad to see some Mississippi folks finally posting on here. :) Janet

Several of us are BCBS of MS state employee plan. they will only cover the surgery at CMMC even though dr. cummins operates at River Oaks too. I'm sure it's because of the difference in cost. CMMC staff were very helpful and friendlier than any I have dealt with. I had a pleasant experience there.

Crissy, Glad to see that you are doing well. Thanks for sharing that the staff was friendly and helpful at CMMC.

Yep, State Emp here.

I see Dr. Carroll today for my pre-op. 1 week to go, and I will have my surgery. I also start my clear liquid today.

Crissy, Glad to see that you are doing well. Thanks for sharing that the staff was friendly and helpful at CMMC.

Yep, State Emp here.

I see Dr. Carroll today for my pre-op. 1 week to go, and I will have my surgery. I also start my clear liquid today.

Good luck to you!! I hope all goes smoothly. Go ahead and stock up on some alternative Water options--I promise--nothing will taste right for a few days and it is pertinent that you stay hydrated. Something noone explained to me--take normal drinks--I know everyone says sip, but that is a mis-term. All they mean is DO NOT GULP. A normal drink goes down waaaay more easily and less painfully than what I considered a SIP. Sips were killing me- I could feel them from my throat to the bottom of my stomach and that hindered me from drinking adequately. Take a real drink. I promise, it's easier. Good luck!!!

Good luck to you!! I hope all goes smoothly. Go ahead and stock up on some alternative Water options--I promise--nothing will taste right for a few days and it is pertinent that you stay hydrated. Something noone explained to me--take normal drinks--I know everyone says sip, but that is a mis-term. All they mean is DO NOT GULP. A normal drink goes down waaaay more easily and less painfully than what I considered a SIP. Sips were killing me- I could feel them from my throat to the bottom of my stomach and that hindered me from drinking adequately. Take a real drink. I promise, it's easier. Good luck!!!

Did you use the unflavored Unjury Protein like they said, or a different unflavored?

I mixed the unflavored with my tea one day, and it was horrible. I'm afraid it will make me throw up.

I only use the Protein Powder in broth. It is horrible added to beverages. Really the first 4 days your stomach won't tolerate the Protein anyway. I'm barely tolerating it on day 6. Just focus on staying hydrated until about a week out. I made sugar free pudding and added it to that. It is undetectable in it. Am thinking of adding the chicken flavor to some thinned grits (on the list for full liquids). Will let you know how that goes.

I only use the Protein powder in broth. It is horrible added to beverages. Really the first 4 days your stomach won't tolerate the protein anyway. I'm barely tolerating it on day 6. Just focus on staying hydrated until about a week out. I made sugar free pudding and added it to that. It is undetectable in it. Am thinking of adding the chicken flavor to some thinned grits (on the list for full liquids). Will let you know how that goes.

I'm drinking the chicken Soup one and the beef boullion one now. I cook a can of chicken noodle soup or beef vegetable, then I strain them. I add the flavored protein to them. Delish! I use the Nashua and Proti-diet . The Unjury chicken noodle is good too.

They don't make you drink it in the hospital? I would love to be able to talk in person to get all the answers. I'm starting to get anxious.

I had my pre-admission stuff done today at the hospital. I work this weekend, which makes it hard to know that I am prepared for Monday. Also, we have now put our house on the market, so I am running crazy trying to get things together for the house. Trying to get it cleaned. We are do some upgrades, which means painting too.Ugh, I'm tired.

I'm drinking the chicken Soup one and the beef boullion one now. I cook a can of chicken noodle soup or beef vegetable, then I strain them. I add the flavored Protein to them. Delish! I use the Nashua and Proti-diet . The Unjury chicken noodle is good too.

They don't make you drink it in the hospital? I would love to be able to talk in person to get all the answers. I'm starting to get anxious.

No, they are just concerned with you keeping hydrated. They won't make you drink anything except Water if you don't want it. You have to get 32 oz in before they will discharge you (if they plan on you leaving at noon). I'd be glad to talk to you in person. I'll private message you my home phone number.

Hey there! I had my surgery on the coast. I too am with BCBS of MS (State employee out of Meridian) but I didn't have to go thru Active Health. Crazy huh

Also, I was shocked at the differences between surgeons and clinics/hospitals. I stayed one night in Pascagoula, my Fluid intake was not a concern, but walking was.

My first tray of food was a plate with a Soup bowl and inside the soup bowl was a medicine cup with broth. As well, the doctor had me swallowing pills the very first day.

I didn't do a preop diet but that was due to my BMI. I have not vomited, struggled with eating or had any issues other than an emotional breakdown on the fourth day out. It was short lived but real all the same! My only nausea came from the Multivitamin so I switched to taking the pill at night.

For those about to have the surgery-I regret not having the guts to do it a long time ago. This has been the best decision for me.

HI everyone. I had my surgery on the 11th. I went to the hospital with a Migraine. It had been bugging me since last Wednesday. Surgery went fine. The dr said my hiatel hernia was very large, the last report I saw on it showed it being small, so he repaired that.

I could have bery easily have gone home yesterday, if my head had not been killing me. They were giving me IV meds for that, and I could have still gone home, but chose not too. I came home today. Other than being tired (probably from the head), I have no probablems. Drinking is fine. They want to make sure that I walk and take in plenty of fluids. They did not ahve a limit for me to leave.

Very little soreness through the belly, just feels like I have done a lot of situps.Passed my leak test. The dr told me I can hold off on Protein and Vitamins for a few days.

Another Mississippi girl, here folks! After reading yalls posts about working for the state & having BCBS insurance & being approved for surgery.....I somewhat feel like an ass for leaving my job after 10 years to pull out my retirement!! About my luck! Anyway, good luck to us all. Pray for me as I start my liquid diet tomorrow!! Im already a Migraine sufferer & praying I get through this!

Another Mississippi girl, here folks! After reading yalls posts about working for the state & having BCBS insurance & being approved for surgery.....I somewhat feel like an ass for leaving my job after 10 years to pull out my retirement!! About my luck! Anyway, good luck to us all. Pray for me as I start my liquid diet tomorrow!! Im already a Migraine sufferer & praying I get through this!

Are you doing self-pay? I've cussed BCBS through the years, but I have to say I'm glad I had it. I got a letter from CMMC that said, "Your insurance was billed and paid $54,000 and some odd dollars." It still left me with an $800+ bill in addition to the $3,000- $4,000 I've already spent out of my own pocket. My poor bank account is depleted. I had to set up a payment plan for that bill from CMMC. I couldn't pay it all at once.

I live in Jackson and did see Dr. Carroll, but decided to go with Dr. Michael King in Oxford! I really like him ALOT! I was surprised at how nice the hospital and staff are at Baptist Memorial in Oxford!