Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else using Transformations in Flowood, Mississippi?

Nutrition classes yesterday. Came away feeling scared and wondering how in the world am I going to do this for the rest of my life. I thought my mind was made up and now, I'm so back and forth it's crazy!!!!!!!

So far, being at home, the diet hasn't been difficult to follow. I started pureed foods yesterday and it gave me the hiccups and I threw up. But I think the hard part will be when I go back to work and have to function in the real world. I'm away from my office more than I'm in it, so it's going to be hard for me to keep Water and Protein Drinks on hand.

Nutrition classes yesterday. Came away feeling scared and wondering how in the world am I going to do this for the rest of my life. I thought my mind was made up and now' date=' I'm so back and forth it's crazy!!!!!!![/quote']

There is a point where you'll wonder if it was a good decision. I have not vomited, thankfully, and I'm eating finely chopped foods now. I had ham, scalloped potatoes and peas. I chop it up finely, eat off of a saucer with a baby spoon. It takes me an hour plus to eat and today- I finally reached my Protein goal and Water goal.

I worried before the surgery and even afterwards. It's getting easier and easier and now that I'm figuring out how eating is done (slowly and thoroughly)

To me, so far this is still the best decision I have ever made for myself.

New surgery consult for me is November 13. I'll still continue to see nnp cruise at transformations until all my paperwork has been transferred to dr.vick @umc. I've talked to the coordinator and he thinks they will be able to schedule surgery as soon as my chart has been reviewed if everything has been cleared.

I'll finally get to see Dr. Cummins for the first time post-surgery on Thursday. I feel kind of like Transformations dropped the ball a little bit. I had surgery nearly a month ago and this will be my first post-op visit. I kind of feel like they just left me to fend for myself without any support. I hope Dr. Cummins or someone can help explain why I've only lost 9-10 pounds since I was sleeved when other people are losing 30 or more pounds in their first month.

I'll finally get to see Dr. Cummins for the first time post-surgery on Thursday. I feel kind of like Transformations dropped the ball a little bit. I had surgery nearly a month ago and this will be my first post-op visit. I kind of feel like they just left me to fend for myself without any support. I hope Dr. Cummins or someone can help explain why I've only lost 9-10 pounds since I was sleeved when other people are losing 30 or more pounds in their first month.

Wow! Sorry you've been put through this. Most drs like to see their patients in 1-2 weeks after any surgery. During the seminar, they claimed we would get all this support from this awesome team they have,but yet you can't get a simple follow up. The last conversation I had with Paige, I felt like i was just another number to them. Since then I've seen my pcp, explained to him why I haven't had the surgery, and scheduled a new consult with a different facility. I called transformations today to ask about transferring my records. She ask why the change and if I was moving. I told her "I'm changing drs because I simply not happy with your business." My husband and I both have our consults on nov 13th.

OK so everything just got kicked into panic mode. Dr. Cummins moved my surgery date up to October 30th. That is NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!! Totally freaking out trying to get everything worked out and things at work in order before I can leave. deep breaths. . .

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. (Well, in the morning, I'm still on Sunday in my book) I'm a little/lot nervous about be on liquids. I've been sort of prepping - for ex, having a liquid dinner. Tonight though, I finished of my solid food with something really delish.

I can't believe that my surgery is in 2 wks. I'm SO EXCITED!

I go for my nurtrition class on Tues, then seen Dr. Carrol on the 4th.

I'm feeling much better. The days 1-4 after you get home from the hospital is the same clear liquid diet I posted above. The next days 5-14 is the same full liquid diet I posted above. Days 15-28 is puréed. Days 29-43 are a soft diet. After 6 weeks you can go to a regular diet. But to tell you the truth I'm not really eating yet. It just too hard right now. I can't get the Protein in either. The nurse said it was fine for right now as long as I'm getting the liquids in. I'm not hungry at all and when I try to eat something it just hurts too bad. I'm also having heart burn like crazy. I have an appt with Dr. Carroll tomorrow and hopefully he can prescribe me something that May can help eating be easier.

HOw are you feeling? It has been a few weeks now. Hope you are doing well.

pshew! Ya'll are making me a bit nervous that Transformations won't supply the after-care that they say. I'm self-pay (BCBS but my plan won't cover it).

I got my date (Dec. 2) and started making the plans and Laura called and wanted to know if they could move the date up but I said no. December is a better time for me to miss work, plus my hubby had already started making plans to be off that day plus work from home for a couple of days (he's a real sweetie!).

I'm kind of nervous and scared about the whole thing. Kinda depressed too. Weird, huh?! Maybe I'm mourning the loss of my food habit!

Anyway, no one has mentioned a specific diet to me yet. They just told me to eat several small meals several times a day to prepare. I've got my NUT classes (I guess that's what it is!) in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll have to do more then.

Glad to hear those of you that are doing well post-surgery!!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. (Well' date=' in the morning, I'm still on Sunday in my book) I'm a little/lot nervous about be on liquids. I've been sort of prepping - for ex, having a liquid dinner. Tonight though, I finished of my solid food with something really delish. I can't believe that my surgery is in 2 wks. I'm SO EXCITED! I go for my nurtrition class on Tues, then seen Dr. Carrol on the 4th.[/quote'] I know that it will be hard at times but keep your eyes on the prize!!!!

Well, I started my liquids on the 28th. Not so bad, so far. Definitley more mental than anything. I decided yesterday, that I would take advantage of the ice cream on the list, since in a few days I will be on clear. I have definitely not gone overboard with ice cream. 3 wt watchers ice cream popcicles in 24 hours.

I was down 8 lbs yesterday. I weighed and measured yesterday. I'm planning on weighing again on Monday (when I start clear liquids) ,and then weighing and measureing again on the 4th (surgery day).

I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!! :D

Nutrition classes yesterday. Came away feeling scared and wondering how in the world am I going to do this for the rest of my life. I thought my mind was made up and now, I'm so back and forth it's crazy!!!!!!!

I had my class this past Tuesday. I have had the same thought. I don't know how I am going to give up gum.

OK so everything just got kicked into panic mode. Dr. Cummins moved my surgery date up to October 30th. That is NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!! Totally freaking out trying to get everything worked out and things at work in order before I can leave. deep breaths. . .

How did your surgery go? I hope you're home, resting, and feeling no pain!

Hi everyone! I survived! the first night was pretty horrible. in my drugged stupor, i confused the morphine pump with the nurse call button and kept pumping more drugs into my system which made me more nauseous. i threw up 3 times, but got it sorted out finally. i passed my leak test the next morning and they brought what seemed like a feast on that lunch tray. although, i did not want a bite of anything to eat. had a rough day yesterday (day 3) but made it through and today, day 4, already seems like a better day. am enjoying some Decaf coffee because its the only thing that doesnt taste sweet beyond measure. am getting some sugar free gatoraid today-plan to drink it to excess to make up for slacking on the Water (due to the sweet/soapy taste everything has-even plain water). am looking forward to moving to full liquids tomorrow. already planning my pudding fest! :) oh--if you have never heard this line before--BELIEVE IT---"never trust a fart". sorry if TMI but seriously, half of my walking is from running back and forth to the bathroom not knowing if I just have gas or you know what!!!!! :) I wish all of you the best in your journeys!! Let's keep up and keep each other informed and supported. going to go get a hot shower now! have a wonderful Sunday-attend church if you are able. May God's glory be found in all of our stories.