Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who started pureed foods during week 1 or 2?

I know I should follow my doctors plan but I really think starting puréed foods early would be beneficial to me If I don't over do it.

All my muscles are cramping and I'm sooo weak because I can not mentally tolerate Protein shakes!

I have no pain and my stomach has tolerated everything well!

I just want opinions..

I'm day 4 now.. On full liquids that includes cream based soups.. I am Supposed to start soft foods day 12.

I am on day 3 post op and having a lot of trouble with the Protein Shakes. I tolerated them well preop but today every time I try one - I am throwing it up....I tried mixing it different way - with ice, no ice, with blender, no blender.....3 different brands - pre mix and powders. Not sure what to do but am feeling very weak

I would say to speak to you NUT or surgeon and ask them. Your stomach is still very swollen and needs to heal. You need to ask the experts and not look on here for permission.

You should definitely talk with your doctor before doing this. With that said my doctor said he shapes the stomach at the bottom to help your stomach to accept foods. He started me on puree within a few days of going home and I had absolutely no problems with it. Your doctor had his own way and his reasons so make sure you talk with him. :)

I would say to speak to you NUT or surgeon and ask them. Your stomach is still very swollen and needs to heal. You need to ask the experts and not look on here for permission.

I agree. Follow your doctor's orders talk to them and explain your situation. I was allowed purees week 2, but it doesn't help the weakness. You just can't get much down, maybe a few ounces. Try Beneprotein - 3 scoops or 4 can be mixed with 4 oz. of liquid, which is a relatively small amount to choke down. Add flavoring though.

Thanks for the opinions... I do agree I need to speak with my doctor.............

Just wanted to know who started when.

Day 3 & 4 my Protein numbers sucked but my Dr said the 1st 2 weeks that happens alot.

I concentrated on staying hydrated. Didn't hit those numbers either.

Pretty much lived on chicken broth and SF popsicles.

Everyone is different but I couldn't have progressed if I wanted to plus was not hungry at all.

Heck, day 3 I was still sleeping a lot!

While I agree with Sue, I will say my surgeon starts us on puree while still were still in the hospital. I'm kind of nervous about it!

You may want to watch this video. He explains why it's so important to stay on liquids right after surgery. He shows x-rays too of a stomach right after surgery. You don't want to mess anything up..

Thank you! I enjoyed the video!

My doctors plan had me on full liquid the first 7 days and on day 8 I moved onto pureed. I'm on day 10 and I'm eating scrambled eggs, pureed turkey chili...anything allowed in the pureed stage. I've had no problems whatsoever starting pureed early. In fact, I've made my Protein total the past 2 days through food, but I add a Protein Shake to put myself over 80g of protein.

I've lost 12 pounds since my surgery and I feel frickin' fantastic.

Hi I started pured foods after my leak test in hospital . hmmm lets see would do anything to have that feeling again. Had no desire to look at food no desire to eat, the pureed hospital food literally sucked wind. I was having no part of it. trays came and went have you ever tried pureed chicken eeew gag I drank alot of Decaf tea with lemon, when i got home I lived on oatmeal and scrambled eggs, and sipped Premier Protein shakes . Hope it helps, good luck.

My blog has some recipes for high Protein Soups that are savory, and make a nice change from over-sweet Protein Shakes. Something like that may be worth trying. I didn't have a purée phase but it was three weeks before we were allowed any soft foods. Until then it was only clear and full liquids.

My blog has some recipes for high Protein Soups that are savory' date=' and make a nice change from over-sweet Protein shakes. Something like that may be worth trying. I didn't have a purée phase but it was three weeks before we were allowed any soft foods. Until then it was only clear and full liquids.[/quote']

What's your blog URL?