Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Pretty! or so they say... :)

avanti

Hello VSTers...

This past labor day weekend.. I took a short vacation and visited San Francisco and met with a friend who has not seen me in person for over 2 years.. (she did see my weekly update pictures though..)

I’ve been overweight/obese for as long as I remember.. and being invisible is my specialty.. but not this weekend! This is going to be one weekend that I will always remember..

First, I walk to my terminal in airport.. all worried that I was not going to fit in the plane seat.. and a pretty young teen walks up to me and says.. “You look pretty..” I had the biggest smile when I said thank you.. :)

Second, I fit my seat…I actually had a little wiggle room!

Third, my friend was flying in an hour later than me to SFO.. so I was waiting for her and I started waving to her when she stepped out.. She kept looking back.. not knowing who I was.. :D

Fourth, one of the guys in a restaurant was more interested in “me” than my skinny friend!!! That never happens!!!! Never! And I clearly did not know how to react.. :blink:

Fifth, downtown SFO.. my friend and I were crossing a road.. and I got called out.. “Hey.. you look pretty!” by a wow looking guy.. I’m yet to believe that I was not dreaming.. he he.. :rolleyes: and the thank you that came out of my mouth was very awkward! I just wanted to dig an hole and hide my head in there.. :ph34r:

Sixth, I can’t stop looking at the pictures we took.. for once.. I’m smiling in the pictures! :D

Thank You... for reading that.. no skinny person is going to understand how it feels to be not invisible!

post-47554-13813669647877_thumb.jpg

post-47554-13813669648847_thumb.jpg

post-47554-13813669649802_thumb.jpg

Um yeah, sorry, I'm gonna have to agree with the people you say you encountered - you are pretty!

A long time ago, many many years ago i starved myself into being skinny. I was in my girlfriend's college dorm room and caught her roommate checking me out while was looking in the mirror. It was uncomfortable but it's a memory I still enjoy today! :lol:

U go girl! And u r right about nobodybcan understand unless u have been held hostage by weight!!! U look great!!!!!!

That's awesome! And you do look great!

I love the shot on the beach! You not only look pretty...you look free!!! Congrats!

There right you are a pretty girl! You deserved all the attention that you received! Go out there and grab life and make it yours!! :)

Great photos! People should be checking you out. Keep it going!

I love the shot on the beach! You not only look pretty...you look free!!! Congrats!

I sure did feel free.. :) for once i was not worried about people looking at me and thinking... oh god.. this one needs to go on a diet..

You look great! Congrats on your loss & feeling GOOD! It's awesome, isn't it?

You look great! Congrats on your loss & feeling GOOD! It's awesome, isn't it?

thank you.. this feeling truly is awesome.. makes you never want to go back to before.. :) and work really hard for the next milestone..

You look very happy and confident with yourself, i know how it is to be trapped on your own body that you don't want to even look at your self in the mirro, congratulations!!!!