Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Intake

I am 10 days post op and I am still having a MAJOR problem with liquids let alone Protein Shakes. I have tried everything. Different brands, different ways, its almost impossible. They're too thick.. soo..what are other ways to get Protein in this early in the game? I recently bought the GNC flavorless whey protein but when I tried putting it in Water with crystal light it was the thickiest, nastiest thing ever!! Maybe I put too much? I don't know what else to dooo!! I know must of my posts have/end with the word help, but seriously, HELP! Since I'm on the full liquids week I feel hungry! So I'm assuming it's because I'm not getting my protein.. any ideas will be hugely appreciated!! Thanks!

Try putting your whey Protein in Soup. I would usually put 1/2 scoop in it. If you are able to eat yogurt, put some in that too. Both of those solutions are what helped me get my protein in for the day. I'm 15 days out and still can't drink the Protein Shakes either. I've seen where people are taking their protein shakes and freezing them like a fudgesicle. I haven't tried that one yet. Good luck!

Have you tried the Isopure clear Protein Drinks diluted with Water, or the Syntrax Nectar flavors mixed with water? They are not thick like other Protein Shakes, more like drinking juice or koolaid. I like the Syntrax nectar flavors a lot. Isopure has great numbers but I find the taste pretty horrible unless I dilute it with a lot of water or G2.

I am 10 days post op and I am still having a MAJOR problem with liquids let alone Protein shakes. I have tried everything. Different brands' date=' different ways, its almost impossible. They're too thick.. soo..what are other ways to get Protein in this early in the game? I recently bought the GNC flavorless whey protein but when I tried putting it in Water with crystal light it was the thickiest, nastiest thing ever!! Maybe I put too much? I don't know what else to dooo!! I know must of my posts have/end with the word help, but seriously, HELP! Since I'm on the full liquids week I feel hungry! So I'm assuming it's because I'm not getting my protein.. any ideas will be hugely appreciated!! Thanks![/quote']

I mix all my protein with Water, not milk & use 1 scoop to 6 oz water. Love nectar caribbean cooler

You could try mixing your Protein Powder with more Water so that it is not so thick. Also, you might want to try some of the premix shakes, some people find they taste better. Good Luck.

I use the Isopure drinks (40 grams Protein). The punch tastes just like Hi-C, but I dilute it with Water. I also crush up some ice in my ninja and add the isopure to the ice...takes on a slushy texture and the taste isn't as strong. I've had no luck with Protein shakes/powder either. I'm much to finicky.

I am 10 days post op and I am still having a MAJOR problem with liquids let alone Protein shakes. I have tried everything. Different brands' date=' different ways, its almost impossible. They're too thick.. soo..what are other ways to get Protein in this early in the game? I recently bought the GNC flavorless whey protein but when I tried putting it in Water with crystal light it was the thickiest, nastiest thing ever!! Maybe I put too much? I don't know what else to dooo!! I know must of my posts have/end with the word help, but seriously, HELP! Since I'm on the full liquids week I feel hungry! So I'm assuming it's because I'm not getting my protein.. any ideas will be hugely appreciated!! Thanks![/quote']

Try GNC'S ABOUTTIME 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, vanilla. 1 scoop to 16oz will make it thin, and add a packet of 4c sugar free fruit punch

Thanks for the tips

I am struggling big time

Your not alone.....I'm 16 days post op and I'm struggling getting my fluids in and no way no how are the Protein Shakes going in....I'm on puréed and maybe only maybe 3 bites make it for me.....

I find pure Protein that's already made already-is very smooth and easy to drink ...The one I make in my bullet is think and foamie try pure protein dribks

unjury.com I assure you will like it and they have 100% return policy.

Do u have a Vitamin shoppe near you? They have the sample size single serve packets of Syntrax nectar, Jrobb& other Protein shakes.

Faster than waiting on a sampler. Also, I got the unjury sampler it was like 20- & came fast & nicely wrapped.

allons-y

Unjury.com I assure you will like it and they have 100% return policy.

I have been using Unjury powder w/ skim milk and like the taste.