Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, I AM DESPERATE TO GET TO GOAL! Latest Pic

I am desperate to get to goal. I am 15 months post op and haven't lost anything since MAY!! I'm so frustrated. I've tried eveyrthing. I've gone back to basics, the 5 day pouch test, the 5.2 diet. I lose 5 pounds and it comes back on. I walk 4 times per week and I can't do much more because I have 8 bulging disc in my neck and back, also stenosis, and many other issues with my spine as well. I have been blessed to lose 126 pounds. I really want to get to 154 to be a normal weight. I never thought it would be this hard to lose this last bit. I'm so frustrated!!!!!! UGH! Should I just go on a liquid fast for 2 weeks? Should I eat 1200 calories a day or 1000 or what? I've read that if I don't eat enough, I won't lose. If I eat too much I won't lose. What do I do?? Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful! I am. I know I've come a long way. If any of you have any advice for me, please help!!!

post-24033-13813669571382_thumb.jpg

I am desperate to get to goal. I am 15 months post op and haven't lost anything since MAY!! I'm so frustrated. I've tried eveyrthing. I've gone back to basics' date=' the 5 day pouch test, the 5.2 diet. I lose 5 pounds and it comes back on. I walk 4 times per week and I can't do much more because I have 8 bulging disc in my neck and back, also stenosis, and many other issues with my spine as well. I have been blessed to lose 126 pounds. I really want to get to 154 to be a normal weight. I never thought it would be this hard to lose this last bit. I'm so frustrated!!!!!! UGH! Should I just go on a liquid fast for 2 weeks? Should I eat 1200 calories a day or 1000 or what? I've read that if I don't eat enough, I won't lose. If I eat too much I won't lose. What do I do?? Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful! I am. I know I've come a long way. If any of you have any advice for me, please help!!!

[/quote']

Lisa, how tall are you? You look really awesome at 167!!!!

You look great! Maybe this is the weight your body wants to be at.

Lisa, how tall are you? You look really awesome at 167!!!!

I'm 5'6"

Its just a number.

Are you eating low carb and tracking everything on MFP?

Its just a number.

Ditto.. Why not take joy in the accomplishment you have achieved?

Why did you have this surgery? Was it to become healthy and move through life with ease or was it just to obtain a number on a chart?

Congrats on your loss however I get it. My goal is to be at a normal BMI too. Yes, BMI is just a number but I made that number my goal. My only though is related to exercise and BMR. How many calories are you taking in vs. burning. Also can you lift hand weights, etc to add muscle?

I hear ya Lisa! We had our surgeries on the same day last year and I am still working my way down to that normal BMI - it is so hard to see how far we have come so much of the time. I think that is one reason I hang on to the number, because then I will have absolute proof that I have been able to do it. Our society is so tuned in to the astounding 'before and after' transformations that occur with massive weight loss that we can be pretty hard on ourselves when the scale stops or slows. Yes all of my co-morbidities are resolved, my docs are frankly freaked out at how drastically I have improved my health over the last 3 years (my pcp still cant believe I stopped a 28 year smoking addiction after she prescribed Wellbutrin and told me to get nicotine Patches - smoke free now for 3+ years) I am but a few lbs. from simply being overweight and man I will be dancing a jig when I move into that next category.

I also keep reminding myself that it can take a long time to get those last lbs. off - we are in good company! and you look utterly amazing, beautiful and vibrant! never forget how far you have come :)

I also keep reminding myself that it can take a long time to get those last lbs. off - we are in good company! and you look utterly amazing, beautiful and vibrant! never forget how far you have come :)

Thank you so much Chimera!

Yes, you completely understand how I feel at this moment. I had forgot we had our surgery on the same day last year. I just want to be a normal BMI. I am tracking everything using my fitness pal. Seems some say eat good carbs then others say don't eat any carbs. I really don't know what else to do but do the best I can and wait it out. I sometimes feel like I want to go on the liquid fast to see how much I can lose! LOL You have done amazing as well!!! We are right there together girl. Keep in touch with me. Did you join the MaySleevers on FB? We've had a group on there over a year. A lot of people are stalled and can't seem to get to goal right now. I am grateful though for how far I have come! Thanks to all of you for the compliments! I have to post side by side pics just to remind myself of how far I really have come. :)

Hi Lisa, first you look AMAZING! No kidding, totally awesome. I was sleeved on nov. 6, 2012. My goal from day one has been to get to a normal BMI. I know it's just a number, but it's what I've been striving for it. I'm almost there. To keep losing at this stage in the game, I try to keep less than 1200 calories. I get lots of Protein.

I start everyday with a premier Protein shake (30 grms of Protein, 1 gr sugar, 160 cal.).

I have a Decaf skinny vanilla latte for mid morning snack (12 grms of protein, 16 grms sugar, 120 cal.) -- I know lots of sugar but it is strictly from the skim milk so I deem it ok.

for lunch I have one Quest bar (20 grms protein, 1 gr. sugar, 170-200 cal., 19 grms. Fiber).

Afternoon snack an ounce of nuts (soy, almonds, peanuts, etc.). Around 160 cal. Might also have a half of a banana once or twice a week.

dinner I eat food like verges, rotisserie chicken, chili, BBQ pork, beef, etc. try to keep around 120-150 calories.

Some days I visit Starbucks twice and have another decaf skinny vanilla latte.

Evening I usually fix a fresh fruit snack like 1/2 apple, 5 grapes, a chunk or two of watermelon and/cantaloupe.

I drink a total of 10-12 glasses of liquid, which includes the Protein Shake, the decaf lattes, and Water with crystal light. I NEVER have caffeine as that messes with your insulin levels and can prevent you from burning fat as well as increase appetite.

I usually get about 100 grams of protein in everyday.

I walk everyday...if you walk 2 miles without stopping....does not have to be fast....you turn your fat burning metabolism up to high which lasts for several hours.

This has worked well for me. I have traveled, I work everyday, I eat out at restaurants and parties, etc. (I even lost 2 lbs. on vacation keeping to my eating schedule)

Occasionally I share a dessert with my hubby or co-worker.

I am 5'2", 44 years old. Started at 251 lbs., currently weigh 139. I figure I have another 4-5 lbs. to lose to get me at BMI of 25 or less.

I hope you can figure out what works for you cause it is frustrating at times! If we never get to goal, we can wake up every morning enjoying better health and more energy....BUT, I'm pulling for all of us to get where we want to be.

Sorry this is long winded, but I thought you might be able to find one hint or something that will help!

Keep us posted!

You know, I understand also. I'm three years out. 5'8" and DID hit goal pretty easily to 150 lbs in 8 months. Then allowed myself to regain about 25 lbs. The discipline to relose that amount was tough but I did it (with a lot of help and cheering from my 5:2 gang!)

Maybe, you need to "shake up" your routine. I'm telling you - for me -- low carb DID NOT WORK after initial weight loss. Eating healthy, clean and following 5:2 helped me get BACK to goal in 3 months. I lost 25 lbs. Maybe research it? Worth a try.

And along with others - YOU LOOK AMAZING AS YOU ARE!!

Hi Lisa, first you look AMAZING! No kidding, totally awesome. I was sleeved on nov. 6, 2012. My goal from day one has been to get to a normal BMI. I know it's just a number, but it's what I've been striving for it. I'm almost there. To keep losing at this stage in the game, I try to keep less than 1200 calories. I get lots of Protein.

I start everyday with a Premier Protein shake (30 grms of Protein, 1 gr sugar, 160 cal.).

I have a Decaf skinny vanilla latte for mid morning snack (12 grms of protein, 16 grms sugar, 120 cal.) -- I know lots of sugar but it is strictly from the skim milk so I deem it ok.

for lunch I have one Quest bar (20 grms protein, 1 gr. sugar, 170-200 cal., 19 grms. Fiber).

Afternoon snack an ounce of nuts (soy, almonds, peanuts, etc.). Around 160 cal. Might also have a half of a banana once or twice a week.

dinner I eat food like verges, rotisserie chicken, chili, BBQ pork, beef, etc. try to keep around 120-150 calories.

Some days I visit Starbucks twice and have another decaf skinny vanilla latte.

Evening I usually fix a fresh fruit snack like 1/2 apple, 5 grapes, a chunk or two of watermelon and/cantaloupe.

I drink a total of 10-12 glasses of liquid, which includes the Protein Shake, the decaf lattes, and Water with crystal light. I NEVER have caffeine as that messes with your insulin levels and can prevent you from burning fat as well as increase appetite.

I usually get about 100 grams of protein in everyday.

I walk everyday...if you walk 2 miles without stopping....does not have to be fast....you turn your fat burning metabolism up to high which lasts for several hours.

This has worked well for me. I have traveled, I work everyday, I eat out at restaurants and parties, etc. (I even lost 2 lbs. on vacation keeping to my eating schedule)

Occasionally I share a dessert with my hubby or co-worker.

I am 5'2", 44 years old. Started at 251 lbs., currently weigh 139. I figure I have another 4-5 lbs. to lose to get me at BMI of 25 or less.

I hope you can figure out what works for you cause it is frustrating at times! If we never get to goal, we can wake up every morning enjoying better health and more energy....BUT, I'm pulling for all of us to get where we want to be.

Sorry this is long winded, but I thought you might be able to find one hint or something that will help!

Keep us posted!

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I appreciate it so much. I do try to stay under 1200 calories. I do however, drink caffiene! :( I know I shouldn't but It is the highlight of my day. I too drink premier Protein shakes. I'm starting now to drink them twice a day and eat one meal in the evening to see if that helps.

When i walk, it is usually 2 miles. Sometimes, 1 1/2 miles.

Thanks again. I appreciate any input I can get.

I'm 5'6" and hope to get to 150. That would put me at a 23 24 BMI.