Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG this stall is horrible. Please help

I was sleeves on August 12th and lost 22 lbs the first two weeks!! Fabulous. But then as soon as I started my mushy food I stalled and haven't lost a pound. Actually scale says I gained! It's been a week and I am so frustrated. I have been charting all my food and Water staying under 800 calories close to 70 Proteins and 48-64 oz of Water a day but nothing is happening. Any tips to get this stall broken or motivational stories of similar happenings would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like I will be the only sleeve unsuccessful story!!

Ha!! I just posted the exact same thing on another forum. I actually said "As I feared, I think I'll be the one person who doesn't lose weight with only 15% of a stomach." So, I can't tell you a success story (yet), but I can commiserate. I was sleeved on Aug 17th, lost 16 lbs in the first 10 days and nothing now for 7 days. I'm still on full liquids. I am also getting adequate Protein and fluids in, so I'm just praying that this stall breaks soon so I don't go crazy. No matter how much I prepared myself for stalls (I've been dieting all my life, I know they happen), it is still really frustrating when you're in the middle of one!!

While I hear everyday that a stall is normal in the beginning especially, it's still frustrating. I had my surgery on July 16th, lost 17 lbs the first 5 weeks (I started at 174 so I knew I would lose slower) and haven't lost anything since. In fact, I've been bouncing between 157 and 158 for the last 2 1/2 weeks. yes, everyday (I know, I know, I shouldn't weight everyday. But it CALLS to me) I get on the scale and its EXACTLY the same, ounces and everything. Not sure how many calories I'm getting (maybe I should count!?) but I'm sure it's not more than 1,000 including my Protein shake. How could I go over 1000 eating 5-6 bites of my meals?

Not sure what to do - I will kick up my cardio a bit and see if that breaks my stall. I have 26 lbs to goal and I know it will be the hardest 26 lbs I've ever lost. I was hoping I'd be to goal within 6 mths but at the rate I'm going, it'll never happen. I'd be happy with losing 1 lbs at this point.

Nothin much you can do (as long as you're getting in ur Protein and Water, exercising, and watching ur calories) but ride it out. I'm starting to think maybe I will fail at this too. I'm hungry all the time. My meals satisfy me for about 90 minutes. I'm wondering if they even took out a part of my stomach??

Good luck to u! We WILL get thru this and get to goal eventually!!!

You are doing fine. Stay away from the scales for a while. Everyone stalls. Women with Water weight / cycle issues have it harder.

Remember, you were not in a rush to gain weight, right? You'll lose as fast as you can, and your stomach will NOT grow back. Just press on!

AND for you scale 'believers' out there... IF your scale uses batteries, the scales suck the juice, so change the batteries!

YOu ARE NOT ALONE! I was sleeved on the 21 st of August, lost a little less than 13 pounds so far. I barely eat anything and I work out everyday. I even pushed myself to a 3 mile hike up hill, all mountains yesterday, and stepped on the scale today, and STILL, no luck, I can't break the scale. If I'm not losing weight now with barely any calories then I can't see how I will start when I actually start eating real food. This sucks!

I think the first early out stall is really just your body adjusting and not knowing what the h*** just happened to it from surgery - were you sick or injured and does it need to hold on to weight to help you. A protection mechanism of sorts.

I agree it is frustrating, but relax. Perhaps your expectations need to be adjusted a little. You will experience plateaus and stalls. So much discussion on this board on this topic. The scale will no doubt start moving again. It doesn't have a choice.

I was sleeves on August 12th and lost 22 lbs the first two weeks!! Fabulous. But then as soon as I started my mushy food I stalled and haven't lost a pound. Actually scale says I gained! It's been a week and I am so frustrated. I have been charting all my food and Water staying under 800 calories close to 70 Proteins and 48-64 oz of Water a day but nothing is happening. Any tips to get this stall broken or motivational stories of similar happenings would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like I will be the only sleeve unsuccessful story!!

I have seen many posts about the 3rd week stall, you are not alone. It seems very normal. I stalled as well at the beginning of the third week for two weeks. Now it has started back up. Be patient, it is frustrating I know. It will start to come off again, your body is just catching up.

I was sleeved on Aug. 22 and have only lost 8 lbs since then. It's weird, but I'm not worried. I am confident that my body knows what to do. I just put it through a heck of a trauma (and have been putting it through a bunch of weight trauma for a long time). Over the long haul, it will all work out. At my one week appt, my doc said that the 2 month mark will tell the tale re: how the sleeve is working and how I am doing. (Now....all of that said.... I just happen to be a good place today...I'm sure I'll get frustrated going forward too...).

Let's hang in there!!

I was also sleeved August 12th. Lost 10lbs preop and 20lbs in the first 2 weeks. Haven't lost anything in 5 days. Very frustrating. You eat so little yet nothing moves. Everything I read says its very common but seems so unfair.

I was also sleeved August 12th. Lost 10lbs preop and 20lbs in the first 2 weeks. Haven't lost anything in 5 days. Very frustrating. You eat so little yet nothing moves. Everything I read says its very common but seems so unfair.

Fair?? FAIR??? Life is unfair.

But your body knows what it's doing. Work your head for a lifelong change... all will work out right. or, "All will work out in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end"!!!

Fair?? FAIR??? Life is unfair.

But your body knows what it's doing. Work your head for a lifelong change... all will work out right. or' date=' "All will work out in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end"!!![/quote']

I love that movie!

OP, t's not about fair, it's about necessary. It's necessary for your body to re group, and necessary for it to fill the glycogen stores so you can flee that tiger that might attack you. Our bodies are doing what they need to in order to protect us and keep us alive. This too shall pass.