Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you may have convinced me...

Hello. New here 1st post ever. Was approved for gastric bypass in 2009 and changed my mind. I have been considering lap band since May and was set on it. Didn't even know what the sleeve was. I have read and read and read and read some more about both surgeries and am pretty convinced the sleeve is for me. I work out and eat decently well, just too much. I need a shut off switch. Does anyone have any regrets about their sleeve? First appt with the doc is mid September . Very nervous!

I asked this same question about 2 months ago and all but one said its the best thing they ever did and then one that did regret it would never say why. I am now 2.5 weeks post op.. spent the first 2 weeks wondering if I made a mistake, but Im feeling so much better this week and Im down 19 lbs. I don't regret it!

Beat decision I've ever made other than marrying my husband.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

Thanks. Just nervous in general. I really want to be sure I am making the right decision.

Thanks. Just nervous in general. I really want to be sure I am making the right decision.

Welcome! We all were nervous in the beginning; buy, keep coming back and reading the pre-surg and post-surg posting. Listen to your Doctor and query the internet for information on bariatric surgery - sleeves, dieting and Protein supplements. The more you learn, the better you will understand going with the sleeve's advantages of banding. The more you know - the better you will feel!

Hello. New here 1st post ever. Was approved for gastric bypass in 2009 and changed my mind. I have been considering lap band since May and was set on it. Didn't even know what the sleeve was. I have read and read and read and read some more about both surgeries and am pretty convinced the sleeve is for me. I work out and eat decently well' date=' just too much. I need a shut off switch. Does anyone have any regrets about their sleeve? First appt with the doc is mid September . Very nervous![/quote']

Absolutely no regrets. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

Hi Claire, you sound a lot like me. I too ate healthy and worked out all the time but just ate too much of the healthy stuff- I think my full switch was broken. It took me a while to decide to do this too, but... I am down 44 lbs in just over 3 months and could have never done this on my own. I am very happy with my sleeve!

I've got a major regret.

I didn't do it years ago.

There are many threads like this. There is one woman who hates her sleeve. One. Out of everyone on here. She hates it because she can no longer abuse food. It's a true mental issue.

Everyone else says they would do it again x1000. Even those who had major complications.

Good luck!

I had the same thoughts running through my head from 2 days pre op till my two week follow up. Then found out I had lost 15 pds! I wouldn't have been able to do it in my own. I am four weeks out now and its the best decision I ever made. Good luck!

I'm a band to sleeve revision (slipped lapband) and I luv my sleeve. No waiting for months on the elusive "sweet spot" to allow me to eat less.Came immediately. No daily vomiting (haven't vomited but once and it was my fault for eating too fast). I've lost 18 lbs in 7 weeks (slower than most cuz I started at 174. I knew it would come off slower) and eat about the same as I did when my lapband was optimal. But now I don't have to worry about a contraption failing inside of me.

Good luck with ur decision. there's very few people who regret their decision (not counting right after surgery. The few 10 days I also had buyers remorse cuz my recovery was harder that I anticipated) but since then I'm glad I did it.

I am still a newbie when it comes to the sleeve because I had it recently but so far I have no regrets. I was very scared in the beginning and had crazy "what ifs" going through my mind but this thought came to my head and I will never forget it -

"This is not the life that I want. I am uncomfortable, I feel ugly, I don't have clothes that fit me right, I am unhealthy. My cholesterol is high and I have hypertension at 21. No, I am not going to just "try another diet" because I have done that my entire life. And if I don't change something NOW I know a year from now I will be 60 pounds heavier, have more health problems and still be unhappy in my life."

When you are ready to change your life, yourself and break your abusive relationship with food then it will be okay. Research research research and be cautious of the risks but also be excited! This is an exciting thing! And if this is what is right for you then go for it. Good luck! :)

There are many threads like this. There is one woman who hates her sleeve. One. Out of everyone on here. She hates it because she can no longer abuse food. It's a true mental issue.

Everyone else says they would do it again x1000. Even those who had major complications.

Good luck!

I had a leak that nearly killed me. Literally.

I would not do it again. My family went through so much when I was sick and I have PTSD from all I went through to live.

Weight loss is 90% mental. This is a tool only and people learn how to cheat w it.

I will never gain my weight back bc I went through too much. I refuse. But also bc I now see food only as fuel. I drink Protein shakes and eat my Protein Bars. I seldom have real foods bc my stomach doesn't tolerate it. I also go to the gym 5 mornings a week AND 4-5 nights a week. My food addiction turned into a gym addiction.

My point is this. I had convinced myself diets wouldn't work and only this surgery would. Reality is I could've done it. It takes a mental change to be successful. I had just given up on myself.

Just my thoughts. Do what is best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

My surgery is scheduled for September 13th. I am so very nervous about it. Any advice?

Do your research so you know what to expect. Make a list of any questions that come to mind from research & reading posts here & make sure your bariatric team answers them; then relax and follow your pre-op & post-op instructions.