Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do the gas pains stop?

I panicked today. I had my surgery 6 days ago and it just seems like a HUGE bubble of gas gets stuck right in the middle of my chest and it hurts so much.. does anyone else feel like that?

Yes I though I was having a heart attack

Try a warm heating pad and some peppermint tea. It took me about 3 weeks to get rid of the gas and sometimes it lodged in my shoulder.

Omg my left shoulder So painful

I'm 5 days out now and the shoulder pain was bad. Walking wasn't working and I got the gas x chewables instead if the strip by mistake and am afraid to take them yet. I used a heating pad set on low wrapped from my chest over the shoulder and down my back for a while last night. I woke up this morning feeling a lot less gas pain. Maybe that will help some?

I am experiencing the same thing but its only been 3 days, it seems be be slowing moving but its like its never ending gas. I dont think I getting enough of anything in me I am having a hard time with a glass of Water been drinking it for 6 hours, 2 oz oatmeal and thats it. I know I should be doing alot more but this gas is running me crazy and I am uncomfortable as every. I am not liking this feeling right now.

Are u ambulating , i find that this helps . I still have it but it seems to be getting better.

I'm 5 days out now and the shoulder pain was bad. Walking wasn't working and I got the gas x chewables instead if the strip by mistake and am afraid to take them yet. I used a heating pad set on low wrapped from my chest over the shoulder and down my back for a while last night. I woke up this morning feeling a lot less gas pain. Maybe that will help some?

I am 5 days out as well and I have been using the chewable gas x fine from day one. I think they work better than the strips

I am 2 weeks out and the pain in my chest and shoulder are awful!!! I am going to try the gas x I guess. It only happens when I drink too much of anything. I am trying to sip but I can never quench my thirst!!

I am 2 weeks out and the pain in my chest and shoulder are awful!!! I am going to try the gas x I guess. It only happens when I drink too much of anything. I am trying to sip but I can never quench my thirst!!

The extra strength gasx peppermint flavor works wonders omg

The extra strength gasx peppermint flavor works wonders omg

Thank you so much but I hate peppermint! ????

It will get better. I found the chewable gas tablets worked wonders if it was lodged in my stomach. If it was in my shoulder/back area nothing worked but a heating pad while laying flat and then walking when I could. Not sure if the peppermint tea actually worked or not but it all went away at the same time so I credit both LOL.

Peppermint isn't my favorite flavor either. I had to put splenda in it.

Ok, can anyone help me out. Ever since my surgery I have felt hungry all the time and am able to eat more than I should without any discomfort. I'm now on the pureed stage (3 weeks , 2 days) and my hunger might die down a bit after a meal for about an hour. However, during this time I am burping like billio! It doesn't matter if I have a drink or food, as soon as I swallow something it starts, often accompanied by a few choice parps too. My stomach also sounds like an old drain. I can live with this if it's temporary but if this is gonna be permanent it will really get me down. Anyone know if it will pass or if I'm stuck with it?

9 days post op and the gas pains are bad. I take the gasX strips 4 times a day' date=' and they only relieve the pain a little. I feel raw and hungry most of the time and have bad waves of gas/Heartburn? about 25 times a day. I seem to have a growling stomach or gurgling stomach a good part of the day if I do not eat every 2-3 hour. I walk about 25 minutes every morning and even walking is not helping all that much. I have only had 2 days in 9 with very little gas,and am eating all the same things dailly no dietary changes. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Try almond milk with a stevia sweetener you like it took my nausea away and settled my hunger enough to eat. Smooth sailing now. Just a thought

Ok, can anyone help me out. Ever since my surgery I have felt hungry all the time and am able to eat more than I should without any discomfort. I'm now on the pureed stage (3 weeks , 2 days) and my hunger might die down a bit after a meal for about an hour. However, during this time I am burping like billio! It doesn't matter if I have a drink or food, as soon as I swallow something it starts, often accompanied by a few choice parps too. My stomach also sounds like an old drain. I can live with this if it's temporary but if this is gonna be permanent it will really get me down. Anyone know if it will pass or if I'm stuck with it?

The stomach noises should be temporary. Do you take a daily PPI? That usually helps with the hunger and the burping. Also, do you take your time eating? It's really hard to get into the habit of slow eating but it helps.

The stomach noises should be temporary. Do you take a daily PPI? That usually helps with the hunger and the burping. Also' date=' do you take your time eating? It's really hard to get into the habit of slow eating but it helps.[/quote']

Yes, I take losanzaprole daily but I was taking that before my op so am wondering if i should maybe be one higher dose. However, I took a ranitidine last night and it didn't really help. I am making an effort to eat my meals over 30 minutes but this burping starts almost immediately after the first mouthful or sip. Saying that, I ate my dinner faster tonight and bizarrely the burping wasn't so bad and I feel quite comfortable.

I have long had this burping ater meals problem. Now that I am sleeved it is no better but I had a surgeon friend who told me a lot of people suffer from gas due to swallowing air when they eat. Makes sense, air rises. I now try to expell air before I take a bite. Seems to help, along with eating slowly. If not, oh well, we burp. Worse could be said about us, at least we now have a great excuse.