Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve surgery on Monday and was discharged home yesterday! I have to say I feel pretty good overall. The hardest part is cooking for my kids and husband and watching them eat. I'm not hungry but I crave having food in my mouth as I have not ate anything solid since Saturday. This is going better than some people told me it would. It's all mind over matter. I'm getting my fluids in and can't wait to start Protein Shakes and purées. I'm curious to see what my weight loss will be at my 1st postoperative appt. looking forward to a lighter, healthier me ????

Will your doc let you have sugar free Jello? I find that even pre-op while I am very restricted and trying to lose pounds, Jello made a little thick helps fill the need for substance and fills the longing for something fruity to treat my palate. Boy oh boy do I miss fruit...I could eat 10 bananas a day if no one stopped me. So instead of using 2 cups of Water, I use 1 3/4 to give the Jello some thickness. Congratulations on your surgery. Hopefully this experience will help you educate your family on nutrition vrs. manufactured crap. Are you in the city or do your kids tangibly know where actual real produce comes from? How old are they? Are your hubby and other involved family members supportive? When my daughters were little (they are in their 30's now, I use to get a sitter and do my grocery shopping alone. Maybe I did them a disservice, but they did get to help in the kitchen. One thing about the VGS is that most people haven't heard of it and don't understand that you've get had 85% of your stomach removed to save your life. Do what you have to do for yourself. You have to be your own best advocate and follow doctor's direction. They have done this enough times to know what it takes for your surgery to be effective. So if liquids it must be for a while, hang in there, you will get through it. Take care.

Will your doc let you have sugar free Jello? I find that even pre-op while I am very restricted and trying to lose pounds' date=' Jello made a little thick helps fill the need for substance and fills the longing for something fruity to treat my palate. Boy oh boy do I miss fruit...I could eat 10 bananas a day if no one stopped me. So instead of using 2 cups of Water, I use 1 3/4 to give the Jello some thickness. Congratulations on your surgery. Hopefully this experience will help you educate your family on nutrition vrs. manufactured crap. Are you in the city or do your kids tangibly know where actual real produce comes from? How old are they? Are your hubby and other involved family members supportive? When my daughters were little (they are in their 30's now, I use to get a sitter and do my grocery shopping alone. Maybe I did them a disservice, but they did get to help in the kitchen. One thing about the VGS is that most people haven't heard of it and don't understand that you've get had 85% of your stomach removed to save your life. Do what you have to do for yourself. You have to be your own best advocate and follow doctor's direction. They have done this enough times to know what it takes for your surgery to be effective. So if liquids it must be for a while, hang in there, you will get through it. Take care.[/quote']

Yes I can have sugar free jello but it reminds me of when I have to do bowel prep for colonoscopy lol. I'm doing one with sf Popsicles, Water, and broth. It's mostly mind over matter and I dedicated to this. My children are 9,7, and 6. My husband and family are super supportive I think by tomorrow my weight management team will start me on the Protein shakes which will be a little more filling then water. Just following the rules to get to where I want to be. I am from the Boston area but we do have our own little garden for growing some produce and they love being a part of that. It's a learning experience for all of us!

When I lived in Portsmouth New Hampshire in the 80's, we made occasional trips into Boston for sight seeing. You know how nurses are always asking us where our pain is 1-10. Well, my nausea 10 is a whale watching trip I took out of Boston. We flopped around in choppy Water for 6 hours, but it was so worth it to see those magnificent creatures propel themselves out of water. I would do it again in a minute, but I would take Dramamine and crackers with me! If I could ever come to Boston again (I am in Chicago for the long haul) it would be great to see Salem and Plymouth. Historically, I have many ancestors from the Winthrop Fleet. You live in a world-class city. Hopefully when you get some energy back you can make some day trips and do some walking through history. Your kidlets are old enough to enjoy it, too. Good luck with your progress.

When I lived in Portsmouth New Hampshire in the 80's' date=' we made occasional trips into Boston for sight seeing. You know how nurses are always asking us where our pain is 1-10. Well, my nausea 10 is a whale watching trip I took out of Boston. We flopped around in choppy Water for 6 hours, but it was so worth it to see those magnificent creatures propel themselves out of Water. I would do it again in a minute, but I would take Dramamine and crackers with me! If I could ever come to Boston again (I am in Chicago for the long haul) it would be great to see Salem and Plymouth. Historically, I have many ancestors from the Winthrop Fleet. You live in a world-class city. Hopefully when you get some energy back you can make some day trips and do some walking through history. Your kidlets are old enough to enjoy it, too. Good luck with your progress.[/quote']

Thanks!