Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to do a six month supervised diet in order to be approve by insurance. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I had my pcp and nut appointment today. And since i was running late for the nut appointment, i decided to call and let them know. She said i would have to reschedule because the doctor doesn't like the patients being late. I said, was it fare that i came in 20 minutes early at my last appointment and waited 2 hours to see the Dr. and he turns around and says sorry i have an emergency and will have to leave. I know your a Dr. but my time is valuable also. Now i have to take more time off work. Sorry guys i had to vent.

I have to do a six month supervised diet in order to be approve by insurance. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I had my pcp and nut appointment today. And since i was running late for the nut appointment, i decided to call and let them know. She said i would have to reschedule because the doctor doesn't like the patients being late. I said, was it fare that i came in 20 minutes early at my last appointment and waited 2 hours to see the Dr. and he turns around and says sorry i have an emergency and will have to leave. I know your a Dr. but my time is valuable also. Now i have to take more time off work. Sorry guys i had to vent.

I would have still went and let them turn me away in my face!!! especially because the last appointment the doctor had to leave, you were understanding then, now they should be a little understanding as long as it wasn't over an hour or so late.

I would have still went and let them turn me away in my face!!! especially because the last appointment the doctor had to leave' date=' you were understanding then, now they should be a little understanding as long as it wasn't over an hour or so late.[/quote']

She said, he wouldn't see me at all. And the nut office is about 30 min away w/o traffic. Its raining in miami so its bumper to bumper on i95. There full of it.

Looks like it is time for a new Dr and a letter to the insurance provider. I would detail what happened and tell them that I was early for my initial scheduled apt and then was turned away.

Oh this should be documented because it is pushing your timeline too.

My insurance requires NUT appointments in consecutive months, as I believe most do, and since Friday is the last business day of August, I hope you are able to reschedule, unless you've already been seen at least once in August by the NUT.

That is complete BS, a lot of my doctors charge for being late. When do we get to start charging them for our time when they make us wait for them??? Good luck with everything!

My insurance requires NUT appointments in consecutive months' date=' as I believe most do, and since Friday is the last business day of August, I hope you are able to reschedule, unless you've already been seen at least once in August by the NUT.

That is complete BS, a lot of my doctors charge for being late. When do we get to start charging them for our time when they make us wait for them??? Good luck with everything![/quote']

My insurance requires you see the NUT only once. I see my PCP once a month for six month. I would charge them twice because we have to do the traveling.

I have 3 more appointments to go. I have to go to the baraicatrics center at the hospital and see their dietician once a month. I'm kinda glad cause at my clinic they over book their doctors and so the doctors keep leaving. I've had 3 different doctors this year lol. My last one left last month.