Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do yall ever get lazy... And dont want to workout... I loved doing it before i had my surgery... Im just always tired now im trying to get myself together... I want to do the breast cancer marathon in October.. for Avon... so what are the things that get you motivated to get up and workout other than you had weight loss surgery...

Do yall ever get lazy... And dont want to workout... I loved doing it before i had my surgery... Im just always tired now im trying to get myself together... I want to do the breast cancer marathon in October.. for Avon... so what are the things that get you motivated to get up and workout other than you had weight loss surgery...

I do and that's why I try to limit taking days off between workouts. Anything more than 2 days and i have to drag myself to the gym. Today my body is really sore. Instead of taking a day off, I'm just going to walk casually on the treadmill for about an hour. I'll probably take tomorrow off but it's scheduled not just "I don't wanna go".

I no im trying to do a schedule... But its hard the way i work....

I no im trying to do a schedule... But its hard the way i work....

yoda.jpg

I say whatever method of motivation that you can find to exercise.....go for it. As long as it doesn't hurt you....or someone else :huh: .....I say there's really no wrong motivation or type of exercise. Try to embrace the actual workout session if you can, then the longer term fitness/physique benefits will come a little later. If it's outdoor exercise, maybe it's the quiet part of walking (if on a trail) or the weather that you enjoy. I know for me doing cardio, I like the nice cool or sunny weather and also enjoy running in the rain (if it's on pavement and no lightening around). I'll come back indoors afterward, dry off and feel somewhat invigorated and refreshed. If it's at the gym, maybe try to embrace the music there or on your ipod or whatever. For me.....it's the "de-stressing" and hormone rush I get from lifting weights or doing sprints. Afterwards, I'm a bit tired, but I still feel better mentally and a little more full of life. That's what gets me to the gym or running. :)

I agree that if I take off more than 2 days in a row the next day is really hard to motivate myself to go, but once I am there I am okay.

As far as fatigue, not laziness, you have to make sure you are getting enough fuel to be able to sustain the workout. So getting enough calories is important. When I first started working out I was still very low on calories (600 per day) I have now gotten up to 1000 per day and am much more able to sustain a HARD workout. Of course my fitness has improved, but I definitely feel that getting more fuel has helped.

And you need to listen to your body. Some days I feel that my body just can't handle the same level of exertion as other days and I listen to my body, push myself, but give myself some leeway. It's a never ending journey so there will be ups and downs on that journey, just be consistent. My favorite, favorite saying...."Fat is hard. Fit is hard. Choose your hard."

"Fat is hard. Fit is hard. Choose your hard."

LIKE!

I....... also enjoy running in the rain (if it's on pavement and no lightening around). I'll come back indoors afterward' date=' dry off and feel somewhat invigorated and refreshed. [/quote']

Me too. During the summer....if I see it clouding up for a mid after noon rainstorm...I'm grabbing my running shoes. Love having that summer rain cool me off while I'm running.