Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone got some tips on losing belly fat? I'm having a hard time with it. I appreciate any help :)

I've heard duelling opinions on this. I've heard that you can't target fat loss from specific areas and I've heard that cutting out carbs helps reduce belly fat.

Have you been sleeved yet?

Eating a low carb diet does help reduce belly fat as does cutting down on general inflammation in the body. High levels of inflammation is linked to high levels of cortisol. Cortisol tends to cause storage of fat around around the organs known as visceral fat. Visceral fat around the belly was one of my major issues pre surgery. No longer though.

There are a few simple dietary changes you can try.

First, make sure you are eating healthy dietary fat every day. You know, the omegas from fish or perhaps from olives, avocados and nuts. These sources of good fat will help you feel full faster by triggering the satiety hormone. Omega 3 is also easy to source from supplementation. The molecularly distilled variety is the best. Look for high sources of the active ingredients. Around 1000 mg is a good target to start out with. I take about 1 tbsp daily now to combat inflammation from exercise. Eating foods high in Omega 3 also makes you smarter as a majority of the membrane connective tissue in the brain is Omega. Omegas are an essential nutrient for a healthy body, yet the body cannot manufacture it. You must source it from food or supplementation.

Next, look into good complex carbs that are low on the glycemic index. Foods high on the glycemic index tend to trigger a spike in the insulin response. When the glucose levels fall again, the body releases cortisol which leads to storage of fat around the organs. Such good complex carbs that are low on the glycemic index are steel cut oats. Apples are ok, but tend to be mid point on the index at around 55. Bananas are high on the index so be careful about those as with other sugary fruit. And always stay away from the obvious carbs like bread, ice cream, etc.

Third, consider green tea because it is a super antioxidant for fighting the inflammatory response. Both hot green tea and cold green tea you can buy in the bottle will help.green tea is also an excellent source of theanine, a nootropic which helps you to relax and is said to improve focus and memory (there is a whole field on nootropics, for another discussion). Relaxation is key to keeping the cortisol levels lower. Theanine can also be purchased in supplementation form from most health food stores like Vitamin shoppe, GNC or even regular grocery stores.

You can do core fitness work, but there is no way to target fat with exercise. Once you do eliminate the visceral fat around the belly, then core work is essential for strengthening and toning that region. There are so many interesting body exercises you can do to strengthen the core. Do not feel you need to do crunches.

Eating a low carb diet does help reduce belly fat as does cutting down on general inflammation in the body. High levels of inflammation is linked to high levels of cortisol. Cortisol tends to cause storage of fat around around the organs known as visceral fat. Visceral fat around the belly was one of my major issues pre surgery. No longer though.

First' date=' make sure you are eating healthy dietary fat every day. You know, the omegas from fish or perhaps from olives, avocados and nuts. These sources of good fat will help you feel full faster by triggering the satiety hormone. Omega 3 is also easy to source from supplementation. The molecularly distilled variety is the best. Look for high sources of the active ingredients. Around 1000 mg is a good target to start out with. I take about 1 tbsp daily now to combat inflammation from exercise. Eating foods high in Omega 3 also makes you smarter as a majority of the membrane connective tissue in the brain is Omega. Omegas are an essential nutrient for a healthy body, yet the body cannot manufacture it. You must source it from food or supplementation.

Next, look into good complex carbs that are low on the glycemic index. Foods high on the glycemic index tend to trigger a spike in the insulin response. When the glucose levels fall again, the body releases cortisol which leads to storage of fat around the organs. Such good complex carbs that are low on the glycemic index are steel cut oats. Apples are ok, but tend to be mid point on the index at around 55. Bananas are high on the index so be careful about those as with other sugary fruit. And always stay away from the obvious carbs like bread, ice cream, etc.

Third, consider green tea because it is a super antioxidant for fighting the inflammatory response. Both hot green tea and cold green tea you can buy in the bottle will help.green tea is also an excellent source of theanine, a nootropic which helps you to relax and is said to improve focus and memory (there is a whole field on nootropics, for another discussion). Relaxation is key to keeping the cortisol levels lower. Theanine can also be purchased in supplementation form from most health food stores like Vitamin shoppe, GNC or even regular grocery stores.

You can do core fitness work, but there is no way to target fat with exercise. Once you do eliminate the visceral fat around the belly, then core work is essential for strengthening and toning that region. There are so many interesting body exercises you can do to strengthen the core. Do not feel you need to do crunches.[/quote']

Than you, this is very helpful.

First' date=' make sure you are eating healthy dietary fat every day. You know, the omegas from fish or perhaps from olives, avocados and nuts. These sources of good fat will help you feel full faster by triggering the satiety hormone. Omega 3 is also easy to source from supplementation. The molecularly distilled variety is the best. Look for high sources of the active ingredients. Around 1000 mg is a good target to start out with. I take about 1 tbsp daily now to combat inflammation from exercise. Eating foods high in Omega 3 also makes you smarter as a majority of the membrane connective tissue in the brain is omega. Omegas are an essential nutrient for a healthy body, yet the body cannot manufacture it. You must source it from food or supplementation.

You can do core fitness work, but there is no way to target fat with exercise. Once you do eliminate the visceral fat around the belly, then core work is essential for strengthening and toning that region. There are so many interesting body exercises you can do to strengthen the core. Do not feel you need to do crunches.[/quote']

u should have been a Dr ur So smart love reading ur post even a teacher

u should have been a Dr ur So smart love reading ur post even a teacher

Thank you for your kind words.

I have question what kind of supplements do you suggest to reduce inflamation?

I have question what kind of supplements do you suggest to reduce inflamation?

Omega 3 fish oil is a good supplement to start with. Recommendation is 1000 mg active ingredients a day' date=' but I take a higher dose of 1 tbsp to help specifically with cross fit induced inflammation.

Anything high in antioxidant power will help fight belly fat. Other considerations might be fruit like blueberry or blackberry (go dark and/or berry for higher antioxidant values), acai and Pom juice (careful with the calories though), high concentration veggie blends ( think: green drinks) and some Beans (kidney and green for example).

And I am speaking from experience.

Here is my before belly (from 5-2012):

post-20464-13813658613913_thumb.png

Here is my after belly (from 4-2013):

post-20464-13813658614129_thumb.png

First, make sure you are eating healthy dietary fat every day. You know, the omegas from fish or perhaps from olives, avocados and nuts. These sources of good fat will help you feel full faster by triggering the satiety hormone. Omega 3 is also easy to source from supplementation. The molecularly distilled variety is the best. Look for high sources of the active ingredients. Around 1000 mg is a good target to start out with. I take about 1 tbsp daily now to combat inflammation from exercise. Eating foods high in Omega 3 also makes you smarter as a majority of the membrane connective tissue in the brain is omega. Omegas are an essential nutrient for a healthy body, yet the body cannot manufacture it. You must source it from food or supplementation.

You can do core fitness work, but there is no way to target fat with exercise. Once you do eliminate the visceral fat around the belly, then core work is essential for strengthening and toning that region. There are so many interesting body exercises you can do to strengthen the core. Do not feel you need to do crunches.

does Caffeine free do the same thing? I do NOT drink Caffeine

the Caffeine Free Green tea?

the Caffeine Free Green tea?

Yes, I do believe so.

And if that fails you can always get a tummy tuck!

Omega 3 fish oil is a good supplement to start with. Recommendation is 1000 mg active ingredients a day, but I take a higher dose of 1 tbsp to help specifically with cross fit induced inflammation.

Anything high in antioxidant power will help fight belly fat. Other considerations might be fruit like blueberry or blackberry (go dark and/or berry for higher antioxidant values), acai and Pom juice (careful with the calories though), high concentration veggie blends ( think: green drinks) and some Beans (kidney and green for example).

And I am speaking from experience.

Here is my before belly (from 5-2012):

post-20464-13813658613913_thumb.png

Here is my after belly (from 4-2013):

post-20464-13813658614129_thumb.png

Hey fiddle the pictures aren't showing up :(