Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months Out - HUNGRY and stalled!

SO hungry! I am finding that I need to eat every 2-2 1/2 hours. I keep healthy things around, usually, like Peanut Butter, nuts, fresh fruit and I try to eat good, filling meals usually made up of Beans, chicken, fish. I still can't get in a variety of foods at mealtimes so I eat just fish or just chicken even though I do try to mix in some kind of bean. Still, am I supposed to be hungry so often? I try to eat more at mealtimes but then I feel like I'm over-eating and I *still* get hungry every 2-2 1/2 hours. Any tips? Is this normal? I am also hitting my first stall. Makes me sad. Only 1lb lost in 4 weeks. Have heard about a lot of stalls on here so trying not to let it get me down. Still, though, just makes me worry more about eating. :unsure:

I am almost five months out and have been finding myself hungry too. I feel like I can eat more at one time than just weeks ago and worry I am eating too much. I track everything on my lose it app and stay between 600-900cal a day. Usually about 700 avg. 70-90gr Protein. scale is still moving(slowly.) but down. I am running out of ideas of what to eat and my family is wanting more in the way of fuller meals... I did better when I wasn't so focused on the food and what to make for all. All the time anyway. Sigh..... Guess I need to get a dose of determination again.

U are nit alone. I am 4 1/2 months out. I just started eating a lil something every two hours. I get full after about 4 bites then im hungry in 2 hrs. Im still not gettn in enuff calories nor Vitamins. Right as im typin this im at the infusion clinic with an IV in my arm to get vitamins in me. This really bites!

SO hungry! I am finding that I need to eat every 2-2 1/2 hours. I keep healthy things around, usually, like Peanut Butter, nuts, fresh fruit and I try to eat good, filling meals usually made up of Beans, chicken, fish. I still can't get in a variety of foods at mealtimes so I eat just fish or just chicken even though I do try to mix in some kind of bean. Still, am I supposed to be hungry so often? I try to eat more at mealtimes but then I feel like I'm over-eating and I *still* get hungry every 2-2 1/2 hours. Any tips? Is this normal? I am also hitting my first stall. Makes me sad. Only 1lb lost in 4 weeks. Have heard about a lot of stalls on here so trying not to let it get me down. Still, though, just makes me worry more about eating. :unsure:

Hunger is normal. I have had hunger since a few weeks post op. Eating a small amount of nutrient dense food is good, keeps the metabolism high and efficient. Unless you are gaining weight, I don't think you have a lot to worry about. Stalls suck but it sounds like you are eating right.

My nut says to eat every 2 hours or so and to eat Protein first then veg then if room left have a carb. I eat a lot of chili and refried Beans as I am only 3 weeks out. It was explained to me that the protein will sit like an anchor in your tummy and assist in slowing down the process and keep u fuller longer. 5 or 6 small meals per day is what she recommended. I do 2 shakes and 3 small meals and sometimes a string cheese or piece of lunch meat. Hope that helps!

My nut says to eat every 2 hours or so and to eat Protein first then veg then if room left have a carb. I eat a lot of chili and refried Beans as I am only 3 weeks out. It was explained to me that the Protein will sit like an anchor in your tummy and assist in slowing down the process and keep u fuller longer. 5 or 6 small meals per day is what she recommended. I do 2 shakes and 3 small meals and sometimes a string cheese or piece of lunch meat. Hope that helps!

Wow! That's way different than what I've been told to eat. My surgeons office wants us to be on two Protein Shakes a day and then one small mail a day – no snacks… If you are snacking, you can have sugarfree Popsicles Or sugar-free Jell-O. I also have to avoid carbs altogether and focus on eating protein and vegetables- With no butter or oil. I am supposed to eat either chicken or fish…