Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

I kind feel guilty everyone's having all this pain and nausea and I'm 9 days postop and from day one I had no pain no acid reflux no nausea I feel really blessed to have it so easy and sadly I never stuck to the 2 week preop diet I had a big steak 4 days before I ate something couple days really to take the edge off. Now that I've had the surgery I'm rarely ever Hungary and I'm loosing 1-2 pounds a day I feel like I wasted 65 dollars on pain meds and nausea Patches and acid reflux meds only. Thing I needed that was not doc prescribed was gas-Ex strips but I say good luck to you all in your journey....Oh, I hope I have it this well....lol

Sent from my iPad using VST

... sadly I never stuck to the 2 week preop diet I had a big steak 4 days before I ate something couple days really to take the edge off...

Haha! I had a Big Mac and fries and a caramel sundae a few days before! I was starving! Interestingly, I have been woken from my sleep really early this morning feeling very hungry. I have had a couple of sips of a Protein drink, and the terrible hunger has dissipated already.

Mine was the 15th as well. I can get my Protein down but not all my Water. My side is still so sore.

I couldn't get the Water down. I had much more luck with fat free milk and then the next day I had diet orange juice. Was able to get 1.5 litres down of each. My dietitian in the hospital said that water is the worst thing to get down and lots of people have more success if they drink something with a bit of flavour. (Please excuse my English spelling! :-)

Just got to the Lucerna hotel. Got sleeved on Thursday evening, a little later than scheduled because there were alot of babies being birthed, but they kept me in the loop with everything. The whole team showed up that evening when the OR was available and it was go time, even though it was late in the evening. I didn't mind I enjoyed walking to see the babies in the nursery . I can not say enough about how amazing the team Dr. Ponce has. Trish was there everyday and every step of the way. Dr. Sanchez my anesthesiologist cooled my nerves as he was taking me for my anesthesia by lifting his shirt and showing me his sleeve scars he got just recently. I was very weary of this whole process, but I don't think I could have been in better hands. Dr. Oscar a team member of Dr. Ponce was so awesome and such a genuinely caring man. We had very relaxed lengthy conversations several times. He was very informative and knowledgable. Dr. Ponce doesn't speak English, but that did not cause any problems. Dr.Oscar was there to translate and continuously pryed me of questions to give me all the information he could, especially when Dr. Ponce was in the room. I felt comfortable just having Dr. Oscar by my side. I will miss him and Trish. I really feel like they want me to succeed. Trish took my bestfriend out for the best tacos she's ever had and even dropped off a tamale at around 9 at night "just in case she was hungry". She was eating the cafeteria food and loved it .. the Breakfast and chicken Soup she had for dinner she said were both yummy. I'm not going to sugar coat it my first night was rough, which is normal in any surgery. The nurses were awesome though. I never had to ask for care and they were on top of my meds, which made it alot more bearable. I speak zero Spanish and never had a issue because of the language barrier. Some of the nurses speak English, but not all. I've worked in the healthcare industry my entire life, including hospitals and the ER. I'm not sure I would have gotten such attentive care in the US. So far, no complications and I feel really good today, despite just having surgey less than 2 days ago. No pain, except very subtle gas pains here and there. Had juice today and broth from Lucerna is delicious. The staff at the Lucerna hotel are also, very sweet and helpful. I had my surgery with Dr. Ponce at INT hospital and I can not say enough about how impressed I am. I'm ready to begin my journey and feel comfortable I have them on my side. The thing that really stood out to me about this small hospital was an experience I had as I walking upstairs to sit on the balcony while my bestfriend got breakfast. A Dr. I didn't recognize just came out to say hi and looked me over. He noticed my IV was not dripping from the walk..not holding it properly (my fault), since my bestfriend held it as I walked upstairs. He quickly sent someone to get me and took me back to my room and flushed it out, so it was dripping again. I was impressed..it's not like that at many hospitals. Needless, to say I didn't make any more trips upstairs without my IV pole. Lol Now, I'll touch on Tijuana. Im not going to lie I was weary, but it's been good. I felt safe and comfortable at the hospital and here at the hotel. Comfortable enough to let Trish takes on a shopping trip in the am before we fly out, which before I got here I was convinced I'd stay gridlocked in my room. My mind has definitely changed. I will continue to share my story and anyone with questions. I will answer any I can about my experience. With that said here I go.......a chance at a need life thanks to Trish, Dr. Ponce and his amazing team.

5th day post op no much gas pain anymore, but the soreness on my right side near the larger incision still aches enough that I taking the pain meds once a day hopefully I won't need the pain meds by Monday which will be 1 week to the the I was sleeved.

5th day post op no much gas pain anymore' date=' but the soreness on my right side near the larger incision still aches enough that I taking the pain meds once a day hopefully I won't need the pain meds by Monday which will be 1 week to the the I was sleeved.[/quote']

Glad you're feeling better.

After weighing myself today i am proud to say I am down 78 lbs since May 10, 2013. Since the surgery on 10/14/13 i'm losing about 1.5 to 2lbs per day. Increible!

Glad you're feeling better.
thank you it's amazing how i'm improving each day. Hope all is well with you. :)

After weighing myself today i am proud to say I am down 78 lbs since May 10' date=' 2013. Since the surgery on 10/14/13 i'm losing about 1.5 to 2lbs per day. Increible![/quote']

Great to see your doing so well I'm right there with ya 1-2 pounds a day

Great to see your doing so well I'm right there with ya 1-2 pounds a day

Awesome!!! I can't wait to be there!

My date is October 23, so close I am excited!

Im on the 23rd too. I cant wait.