Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

Don't do it!!! I'm 4 months out and only lost 20 pounds. So dizzy and weak, can hardly function. Only thing I can eat is Protein. When I splurge on fruits and veggies, it's at the cost of getting my Proteins in. Even though I live on those disgusting protein supplements, my labs show I'm muscle wasting. I would give anything to have my life back. Being fat is much better than living like this.

I got my date (October 15th) and my insurance approval. I'm excited and nervous. Who else is being sleeved in October?
my is 10/23

Don't do it!!! I'm 4 months out and only lost 20 pounds. So dizzy and weak' date=' can hardly function. Only thing I can eat is Protein. When I splurge on fruits and veggies, it's at the cost of getting my Proteins in. Even though I live on those disgusting protein supplements, my labs show I'm muscle wasting. I would give anything to have my life back. Being fat is much better than living like this.[/quote']I

I'm sorry you're going thru that and don't know your history, but I'm having the surgery. I would like a healthier life. My eating habits didn't cause me to be this way, PCOS did. Before I made this decision, I was on a road towards insulin shots, BP pills, and spending the rest of my life being a childless mother. So once again I'm sorry you're going thru tough times, but this lady is having her surgery.

I I'm sorry you're going thru that and don't know your history' date=' but I'm having the surgery. I would like a healthier life. My eating habits didn't cause me to be this way, PCOS did. Before I made this decision, I was on a road towards insulin shots, BP pills, and spending the rest of my life being a childless mother. So once again I'm sorry you're going thru tough times, but this lady is having her surgery.[/quote']

I'm with you MsBadu, I'm having this surgery. I sympathize with this poster but I've researched the heck out of this procedure and I'm ready. My kids deserve a healthy mom.

Don't do it!!! I'm 4 months out and only lost 20 pounds. So dizzy and weak' date=' can hardly function. Only thing I can eat is Protein. When I splurge on fruits and veggies, it's at the cost of getting my Proteins in. Even though I live on those disgusting Protein supplements, my labs show I'm muscle wasting. I would give anything to have my life back. Being fat is much better than living like this.[/quote']

I guess I am curious as to what your complications are that are causing this? We're you able to eat anything you wanted before surgery? What is your doctor saying?

I

I'm sorry you're going thru that and don't know your history, but I'm having the surgery. I would like a healthier life. My eating habits didn't cause me to be this way, PCOS did. Before I made this decision, I was on a road towards insulin shots, BP pills, and spending the rest of my life being a childless mother. So once again I'm sorry you're going thru tough times, but this lady is having her surgery.

Amen. I totally understand when people who were relatively lightweights without a lot of comorbidities regret surgery and say that life was better before. Or when someone has complications that they're dealing with. Life may have been better before... But for those of us way up in the 300s or who already have serious comorbidities, then the risks of surgery are WORTH it to us. This is not a cosmetic procedure simply because we don't like being fat, this is giving us our lives BACK! I'm six months out and haven't felt this good in 20 years. Having the surgery has helped me stick with my wheat free diet so my body is free of inflammation for the first time in decades. I have minimal knee pain now, the joint pain in my hands is completely gone. Miraculously my thyroid function has returned to normal (this is VERY uncommon so I don't want anyone thinking that their thyroid will normalize due to diet change/surgery) I can ride a bike... I even fell off my bike a couple of days ago and the only thing that got injured was my pride! I couldn't imagine the pain and injury falling off my bike at 360 pounds would have caused. I am experiencing an extremely positive outcome from this surgery. I recognize that not everyone has this same outcome, but I took the risk because the alternative was for me a 100% certainty that I would continue to live in misery.

day 1 of the liquid diet.....

Me too

Hello everyone my date is set for Oct 23rd' date=' I was set for Sept but got delayed so no stopping me now[/quote']

Hey sleeve twin, I've started my liquid diet yesterday and had my workshop and Dr. Visit! Congrats and good luck!

Had my Workshop and Dr. Visit yesterday..... My initial visit I was at 397lbs and yesterday's weigh in I was at 365lbs my BMI went down from 58 to 51. I started my liquid diet yesterday and feeling pretty good today! I'm working on the sip sip sip thing that's going to be a big one for me! My pre-op weight they want me at 330lbs so I'm confident it won't be a problem...

My surgery is in two days in cancun:) I'm ready...keep me on your prayers please everyone:)