Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLEASE tell me my boobs will shrink

I am a 44DD and terribly uncomfortable right now, all sorts of aches associated with the sheer weight of the girls (not to mention that bras have become devices of torture) My surgery is October 5 and along with the obvious weight loss and I am seriously hoping the twins will diminish as well. Did your boobs shrink measurably ? would love to hear your stories to give me hope.

Mine sure did- I went from a D to barely a C, and I had to buy all new bras. I might have no boobs at all when it is all said and done.... :o

My chest is about the same size pre-op, and I'm counting on it! Just hope they don't deflate lol!

I have already gone down. I'm 10 weeks and literally went from an H to DDD. So I'm expecting I'll go down more. Although I was never small in that area so I expect I'll wind up with some double letters when this is done.

I had my surgery in Jan.. i started out with 44DDD.. and now am at 36DDD..

everytime I buy a new bra.. I try a DD size.. really hoping it would fit and nothing peeps out.. but nope.. :(

but I still have another 80#s to lose.. I hope they atleast get to a D.. :) but looking at the women in my family.. i doubt it.. :unsure:

I started out at like a 46C/D, but bras never really seemed to fit right anyway. My issues was always band size.

After 100 pounds lost, I am currently at a 36DD. I have gotten professionally sized three times in nine months.

The band size has gone down, but the girls have sort-of remained the same.

I was sleeved 3/25/13 and started out as a 46DDD/F. Today, I am 106 pounds down and a 40/42 DDD/DD. My boobs are way less full than they used to be and sometimes I think I still need that third D just to have room for the skin lol :)

After I lost around 20% of my body weight -and over a weekend, it seemed - my boobs seemed to deflate as if someone put a pin in them! They are probably same size overall (lost weight off my back which has decreased band size) as cup size still seems ok but they are much softer (floppier, dare I say, though that's probably TMI). I'm quite pleased as I'm over 50 and in regular mammogram territory - last one was agony and radiologist mentioned my breasts were "unusually firm for a woman of your age" (!?). Hopefully next ones will be easier.

I've gone from a 44D to a 38/40 C in about 5 months. I'm pretty sure they are going to stabilize there since I haven't lost anymore boobage in the last 20 pounds. Before I gained a lot of weight I was anywhere from a 36C to 40C

I am a 44DD and terribly uncomfortable right now, all sorts of aches associated with the sheer weight of the girls (not to mention that bras have become devices of torture) My surgery is October 5 and along with the obvious weight loss and I am seriously hoping the twins will diminish as well. Did your boobs shrink measurably ? would love to hear your stories to give me hope.

I started a 44F, so I feel your pain (literally!) I'm only 3 months out, but my boobs have definitely begun to shrink. I'm not sure what size I am right now because there is no point in buying new bras for these ever-shrinking puppies--I would be so happy to end up a C. That would be great.

"unusually firm for a woman of your age"

I hope when I'm in my 50s my breasts are unusually firm for a woman of my age. Heck I'd like that now. Mine are really firm but as I'm losing weight they are getting softer.

I'll be 4 weeks post-op next Tuesday and mines have shrunk already lol! If anything I wanted to keep my boobies lol guess they'll be falling off with the weight too haha!

Ladies, remember that a 44DD and a 38DD are completely different breast sizes. For every numeric size you go down, you would go up in a letter cup size if the boobs were the same size. I have gone from a 44DD to a 36DD but my boobs have deflated quite a bit thank God.

I have heard it differs from person to person. Im only a week out so I the girls are the same but I know in the past when I have lost weight, I lose the girls. My aunt was sleeved a month ago and when I spoke to her the other day she told me shes got a quarter cup of tits left. In my family I guess there one of the first thing to go. Ive already got a mexico jar for my plastics.

I live in sports bras but unfortunately as the sisters have gotten bigger (from weight gain) a lot of sports bras don't provide enough support. I guess the manufacturers don't expect "big girls" to be playing sports. Anyways, the one good thing is that any one sports bra usually functions through a range of sizes so as my boobs shrink after surgery (hopefully) I won't have to buy new bras for each size. Once I'm stabilized I'm really hoping to fit into something pretty instead of functional!