Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vaginal Yeast infections

Well I got a yeast infection and my primary doc said is because of weak immune system. Does anyone get more infection now then before? Has anyone heard of such a thing? Btw I've never started to get them till now.

Did they use antibiotics at all during your ordeal at the hospital as a precaution to infection..some doctors do.....Antibiotics kill any bacteria in your bowels or system....so you have to replenish them......good bacteria by the way...lol

Take some yogurt and cranberry juice for a while..it will help to clear it all up......

You could also be experiencing a lot of hormonal changes because of the extreme weight loss. If this is the case the frequency should go away once your weight stabilizes. In the mean time, ask your doctor for a refillable prescription of diflucan (1 pill to cure yeast infection) then keep monistat cream with you to relieve the symptoms.

Did they use antibiotics at all during your ordeal at the hospital as a precaution to infection..some doctors do.....Antibiotics kill any bacteria in your bowels or system....so you have to replenish them......good bacteria by the way...lol

Take some yogurt and cranberry juice for a while..it will help to clear it all up......

I had have had trouble with yeast infections in the past because I was antibiotics for a long period of time. My doctor suggested I take acidophilius and it worked. I have not had one in years. But I take acidophilius and eat yogurt frequently. Make sure the yogurt you eat is plain or the one you stir up from the bottom. I use a low sugar preserve and it tastes just as good. Cranberry juice is good but not the Ocean Spray you have to get the natural cranberry juice with no sugar added. Its quite sour so I did better with the pills and the yogurt. Driink your water!!! Reduce your sugar intake as well. Hope this helps.

acidophilius is yogurt in pill form.....You are right though, sugar will keep the infection going.....Not good! I take cranberry pills. They are more potent then the juice by far :)

I had a yeast infection just last week I don't remember the last time I had one so for me to have one was very weird so I guess it has something to do with the surgery

I always get one when I'm on strong antibiotics, and it was no different after my surgery. I called a doctor friend and asked him to call me in a Diflucan. After getting it filled, I decided it would take up too much room in my stomach, so I used the Monistat three day topical kit, and, luckily, it took care of things. That was almost three months ago, an I haven't had one since.

I used to get them but don't anymore. I did get a little "imbalance" and it was fixed by boric acid inserts. A natural remedy that helped change the PH back to the more acidic - normal state.

Well I got a yeast infection and my primary doc said is because of weak immune system. Does anyone get more infection now then before? Has anyone heard of such a thing? Btw I've never started to get them till now.

I also had never had one until I was sleeved. Now if I take any antibiotics I get thrush and get yeast infections:( I'm not sure why but it probably does have to do with a weaker immune system or .... I'm 16 months out now and still have issues with this:/

Sleeved in the 19th.

I had thrush after surgery-it went away a week after surgery. I then noticed itching under my breasts and thought yeast infection. Tried OTC meds and still there. Then got vaginal yeast infection. Went to my surgeon and he gave me a script (Fluconazole 150Mg) which is generic diflucan for 3 days and said it would clear up both. Took last pill 2 days ago and it is worse!! I can't seem to get rid of it????

Ugh. I think it's the antibiotics! I'm on full liquids tomorrow! Can't wait! I plan on loading up on yogurt and cranberry pills.< /p>

Sleeved in the 19th.

I had thrush after surgery-it went away a week after surgery. I then noticed itching under my breasts and thought yeast infection. Tried OTC meds and still there. Then got vaginal yeast infection. Went to my surgeon and he gave me a script (Fluconazole 150Mg) which is generic diflucan for 3 days and said it would clear up both. Took last pill 2 days ago and it is worse!! I can't seem to get rid of it????

It's probably something other than yeast, then. You should definitely go back to the doc... Sucks, I'm sorry :-(

Sleeved in the 19th.

What antibiotics are they? My daughter thought she was having a yeast infection due to antibiotics and it only got worse. It turns out she is allergic to sulfa antibiotics.