Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day! Can't describe how I'm feeling

Couldn't sleep last night at all, laid in bed and thought my heart would beat right out of my chest. Literally so hard and loud I could feel it in my toes, tummy, ears, etc. Border line panic attack! I've stayed busy today and I hope to God I'll get some rest tonight.

I know this is the right path for me, and I know I'll be successful. But the wait has almost gotten the best of me right now. It's as if I'm in some weird state is stasis or limbo. I'm overjoyed and terrified at the same time at what comes next. The two competing emotions almost have me paralyzed. Any advice?

I want this more than anything and thought I was emotionally and intellectually ready. Now I'm not so sure...

I'm scheduled for Thursday and I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! You basically summed up my past week. The emotions and wait of this plus the stress of the liquid diet have kicked my butt.

When I'm doubting, this has helped me: There was a huge article in my local paper today (Kansas City Star) about the dangers of visceral fat. Visceral fat is the fat that we carry around our internal organs. (If you are considering sleeve surgery, trust me you have it). Reading the article was added motivation and comfort that I am making the right decision for myself and my children by having this surgery.

I need to remember how dangerous it is to remain overweight. I get myself into trouble when I start saying "I don't care if I'm fat...I am used to not looking good and having to buy big girl clothes" and/or "Am I really going to self-mutilate because I don't have the willpower to lose the weight and keep it off?" This is not a cosmetic surgery for any of us. It is also not a quick fix. It is also not something that any of us took lightly. I don't know about you, but I've lost hundreds of pounds and gained hundreds of pounds before getting to this point. This is truly a chance at a long and healthy life vs. a life of heart problems, knee problems, other inflammatory disease problems, etc. We are doing this for the right reasons. And the risk of this surgery is less than the risk of gallbladder surgery or knee surgery (I looked it up to give myself some comparisons).

You're going to do great and come through with flying colors and be SO glad you did it. You're almost there. Just hang in there for a few more hours. I always tell myself that I can do anything for 48 hours.

Keep us posted!

-Angela

Angela,

Thank you so much for the reply... I really needed some positive friendly advice. You are right, we can do anything for 48 hours! I'll let you know how it goes and good luck to you, Thursday will be here before you know it...

Couldn't sleep last night at all, laid in bed and thought my heart would beat right out of my chest. Literally so hard and loud I could feel it in my toes, tummy, ears, etc. Border line panic attack! I've stayed busy today and I hope to God I'll get some rest tonight.

I know this is the right path for me, and I know I'll be successful. But the wait has almost gotten the best of me right now. It's as if I'm in some weird state is stasis or limbo. I'm overjoyed and terrified at the same time at what comes next. The two competing emotions almost have me paralyzed. Any advice?

I want this more than anything and thought I was emotionally and intellectually ready. Now I'm not so sure...

Good Luck. Just think, this time tomorrow you'll be on the road to recovery & a healthier slimmer you. You'll do we'll.

I go in tomorrow at 5am my surgery is scheduled for 7am. I've been crying off and on all day. My nerves are getting the best of me. I am so afraid something will happen and I will not be here for my kids. I keep asking myself am I doing this for all the right reasons? I want to be healthy that's first. But I also miss being able to so things without the embarrassment. And I also miss being able to dress how I choose to. Lord I hope I'm going down the right path. : (

I get sleeved tomorrow as well, trying not to get stressed out especially since my boyfriend had to unexpectedly work tonight. Good luck and see you on the other side.

I will say a prayer for everyone! Good night.

I go in tomorrow at 5am my surgery is scheduled for 7am. I've been crying off and on all day. My nerves are getting the best of me. I am so afraid something will happen and I will not be here for my kids. I keep asking myself am I doing this for all the right reasons? I want to be healthy that's first. But I also miss being able to so things without the embarrassment. And I also miss being able to dress how I choose to. Lord I hope I'm going down the right path. : (

You pretty much summed up how I am feeling and I still have two weeks till my surgery. I hope every thing goes well for ya'll...

I am also scheduled for tomorrow August 21st. I get mean when I'm stressed or in pain. All day I have been a b***h. Can't even stand myself. But when I'm upset I don't eat, so that's making my hunger pains more tolerable. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow! ~ Kristy