Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!! I just started my journey to being heathy with the sleeve this month. I've had my initial consultation with my surgeon and I have scheduled all of my appointments and have already had all of my tests done this week. I'm self-pay so I won't need to wait for my insurance to approve the surgery so I'm hoping for an October surgery date!!! Fingers crossed!

My question is... Has anyone been diagnosed with sleep apnea after having the sleep test done and if so, what happens next? Will it delay an oct. surgery date? I'm just concerned that I may have it. I may be just crazy, but after my test was done in the morning, the person taking my leads off was talking about wearing a mask. And how many patients wear them after surgery. And that they can't discuss results with the patients now and it takes a few weeks for them to get to the Dr. I just feel like she was trying to tell me that I have it without actually saying it! I may be thinking too much into it and maybe she was just doing the same explanation that she gives every patient. But I just have a feeling! Sorry this was so long!! I wish everyone the best of luck with their journey!!

I don't see why it would. I got diagnosed in this pre-op phase and the woman coordinated my surgery said it only makes it a stronger case. Throw another comorbidity as a reason to have the surgery.

I don't know if I ever had sleep apnea as I was never tested, but in about 2 weeks my hubbie said I quit snoring. My daughter had it done with the cpap machine and was off of it in a few weeks. The first place you lose weight is around your neck. Good luck to you.

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea 3 months before the surgery. The surgeon was pleased that I started on the cpap machine before surgery - they believe that if you are better rested, you are healthier before surgery. And by using it after surgery, they say you will recover and heal faster because you get better rest.

If you're diagnosed with sleep apnea, you'll have to do a 2nd sleep study while wearing the CPAP... so they can calibrate it to fit your needs.

My doc wasn't worried about the CPAP. He just wanted to make sure I brought it with me to the hospital. It didn't effect my surgery date. But be sure and bring distilled Water with you for your CPAP machine. If your hospital is like mine, they only have sterilized water... and you REALLY done want to use it in your CPAP. Sterilized Water smells disgusting!

Oh no! Not another sleep test!! Ahhh!!! I hated it! Thanks for all of your input!!!