Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved August 20th looking for buddies!

I am new to this site so this is my first post. I am scheduled to have my sleeve done on August 20th and I am getting so nervous! I am a worrier anyway so you can only imagine. I've been fortunate to have never had a surgery or been in the hospital before so this is a very new and scary thing for me. I am also very excited but I just want the surgery part to be done and over with so I can get on with it. I'm looking for buddies that are gonna be or are going through this around this time to talk and share experiences with. Can't wait to hear from you all!

I am new to this site so this is my first post. I am scheduled to have my sleeve done on August 20th and I am getting so nervous! I am a worrier anyway so you can only imagine. I've been fortunate to have never had a surgery or been in the hospital before so this is a very new and scary thing for me. I am also very excited but I just want the surgery part to be done and over with so I can get on with it. I'm looking for buddies that are gonna be or are going through this around this time to talk and share experiences with. Can't wait to hear from you all!

Hi Ashley, my name is Debbie. I was sleeved on Saturday, August 3. You will do fine, it's not that bad. If you want to, read my blog about my journey to the hospital, surgery and recovery. I hope it gives you some piece of mind. You will be excited and anxious right before surgery and then, you will feel better. If you have any questions feel free to write me and I will answer your questions. Take Care, Debbie

I am also the 20th....Very nervous but excited about this all at the same time. How's the diet going?

The pre op diet is not too bad. Two Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then a lean low fat dinner. The first few days were pretty bad. Battling hunger and headaches but it's gotten better. How is it going for you?

It hasn't been that bad for me either. My diet it liquid for today the Clear Liquids tomorrow and sunday. I ve been sipping on 16oz of Protein in the morn a can of lite Soup mostly Tomato for mid afternoon and then sipping on another 8 oz shake. I have Jello and icees and broth but really don't use them. I do drink Water and i sugar free mints i suck on. My worst fear right now is that I have been doing this for 2 weeks and not have any sucess. My scale only goes to 350 and I was 355 at my last dr appointment and it still says error. So frustrated.

Don't get discouraged. You're scale my not be weighing the same as at the docs. Any weight loss will be a good thing and you will lose once you get your sleeve so don't worry about that. I'm just worried about not wakin up. Lol.

The 20th for me as well. :) I'm on the 4th day of Clear Liquids and I'm so hungry I could eat my own arm. I just keep telling myself "almost there, almost there".

I'm Aug. 22 and on Day 2 of the pre-op diet (4 Protein shakes per day). I'm hungry and cranky and I have a horrible headache! That said, I'm excited to be so close to surgery date. Welcome to the forum!

P.S. I'm nervous just like you are....! I think that's normal!

-Angela

Ashley I am not overly worried about that .I know I will be fine. lol .I have a good Dr and I am in good health other than my weight being out of control. Thank for your concern. How do feel about your surgery.

Angela. I know the crankies I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and my husband is advoiding me lol

The 20th for me as well. :) I'm on the 4th day of clear liquids and I'm so hungry I could eat my own arm. I just keep telling myself "almost there' date=' almost there".[/quote']

Yeah that week of clear liquids has got to be horrible! I'd probably die! But you can do it. I think every sergon has a different thing they want you to follow.

Ashley I am not overly worried about that .I know I will be fine. lol .I have a good Dr and I am in good health other than my weight being out of control. Thank for your concern. How do feel about your surgery.

Angela. I know the crankies I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and my husband is advoiding me lol

I'm so scared to be honest. I know I just need to relax because worrying isn't going to help anything but I can't help it. I'm just ready to wake up from surgery and for them to tell me everything went okay.

You will be ok. HAVE FAITH. Just keep thinking of all the positive things, how healthy you will be and all the fun things that are coming up in our future.

That's awesome! Are you excited and ready for it on Tuesday?

I'm excited, scared, wish I could fast forward 3 months and know everything will be fine and I made the right decision. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgery so I'm paying out so much to have it. I just wish I knew it will all be good after.