Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat on days when nothing looks good?

What are some of your go-to foods? I'm about 10 weeks out and everything I've started to eat today has just turned me off- not in a sick to the stomach way but in a blah, I don't want that way. I am going to drink my nightly Protein Shake but I still fell really short of my Protein goal today. Ideas?

i tend to go towards my Protein Shakes. My staples tend to be some sort of greek yogurt, steak, and salmon.

Beef Jerky

OMG I have discovered jerky made from different animals - alligator, ostrich, elk, buffalo, venison, and kangaroo. :o

Definitely a fan!

Thanks! I'm going to head out for some BEEF jerky! I'm not brave enough to try the other animals, yet!

You can make beef Jerky at home and make it with less salt. I bought a dehydrator on Amazon for about $50. I also bought a jerky gun and jerky seasoning from Nesco on Amazon. It has tip attachments. You have to use lean ground beef. There is a tip that makes it come out like a Slim Jim and a flat one that makes it come out like a store-bought flat jerky. I prefer the flat one, people actually think it is steak and can't believe it is ground beef! Plus, the jerky seasoning, which also tastes amazing and like store bought, can be made without the extra packet of "cure" which is where the salt is. The only reason to use the cure is if you are taking it hiking, camping, etc. where it will sit out for a long time. If at home, you can keep it in the fridge and it will keep without the cure.

I bought it originally to make the dogs homemade treats, however, now it's one for them and one for me! It is SOOOO good!

You can also just buy the seasoning and jerky gun and use in your oven but that takes longer and you have to keep the oven door open for the drying. With the dehydrator, it takes 4 hours. If the dogs weren't getting any, 2 pounds of lean ground beef would make over a week's worth of jerky treats just for me!

What are some of your go-to foods? I'm about 10 weeks out and everything I've started to eat today has just turned me off- not in a sick to the stomach way but in a blah, I don't want that way. I am going to drink my nightly Protein shake but I still fell really short of my Protein goal today. Ideas?

My surgery was on June 7th so I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and feel the same way you do! I feel like I am the point in a diet when you are tired of everything andyou just need some new foods!

Been there done that.... When nothing "looks" good, I put some very fresh cold bay shrimp with a couple of avocado slices and some cocktail sauce. It feels like a treat but is really yummy and healthy.

Been there done that.... When nothing "looks" good, I put some very fresh cold bay shrimp with a couple of avocado slices and some cocktail sauce. It feels like a treat but is really yummy and healthy.

I had something similar to that today. :)

I was June 6, so right there too. I gathered some recipes and cooked all morning to try to add some variety. I made egg muffin cups, ricotta bake, parmesan chicken casserole, quinoa mediterranean salad, and chicken breasts in the crockpot to shred and have on hand. I also like the tortilla pizzas and you can vary them greatly with different sauces and toppings. There are some great recipes on this site.

The only things I don't get sick of are tuna salad, eggs & mexican food.< /p>

MMM.... shrimp and avocado sounds wonderful!

Red Robin's Chili Cheeseburger. That will wake up your taste buds! No bun or fresh red onions. The beef is pretty lean, and the chili is meaty with lots of Beans and not too hot. I eat about 1/2 of it, with a couple of fries, and I am set.

That's what I had tonight. Mmmmmm!