Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Fun!

Brenda - so you had 5.7 pounds removed? That's perfect! You must have definitely had a smaller stomach than I did. I had 4.5 pounds taken off the front and 5.5 taken off the back. I had a rather large midsection.

Brenda, are you allowed to go to the gym yet? I went in for a follow-up yesterday and my doc said "your scabs are gone so anything goes right now." So I'm allowed to do pretty much anything except for ab work. So I ran today and it took everything out of me. I can't believe how out of cardio shape I am!!

When did your doc say you are allowed to do weight training?

Okay, on the love front, here's how it's going, and I need SOMEBODY'S advice: So Tony, the fella I really like and went out with again LAST Wednesday (but he never called back and I assumed I'd never hear from him again) finally texted this morning with a "Happy Valentines." Thinking that perhaps this was a mass text I waited a few hours and then responded with a "You too, Tony." A few moments ago he responded with "Thanks!" Here's my question: Do I respond to his "Thanks"? I'm dating retarded, I swear. Do I wait for HIM to send another text, striking up a conversation? Or do you think he's waiting for me to do that? I'm confused on this. This guy's sort of an enigma to me. I feel like if I make the wrong move it's over.

First off, if you, "feel like I make the wrong move it's over", then it's HIS problem, not yours! That wouldn't be the kind of relationship you would want to have, always walking on eggshells! I'm no dating expert but girl, you've got a lot going for you so just be yourself.

I was married for 18 years, divorced about 4 years, and just remarried in December. The best book I EVER read concerning men is called "Why Men Love Bitches". I would recommend it to every woman whether she is married or not.

I think I'd wait to reply to Tony again, but you need to do what is in your heart.

Hi puddin,

You might text him back and tell him what a WONDERFUL day you had ( whether you did or not) and ask him if his was good too. You could tell him that you were SO....busy when you received his text that you didn't have time to say more than "you too".This would give him a chance to further conversate if he wants.

Just FYI though...most men are small talkers so don't let his absence of conversation confuse you. My husband doesn't say much at all but he's wonderful. Then I have a friend whose man talks and texts her constantly and he's great too!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Carole

P.S. my husband e-mailed me this message today:

Happy Valentine's Day honey!

Be mine for another 32 years!

We were young married folks...17 & 19 and we're still young married folks at 49 & 51!

Some men are just not much for words but what they do say means so much!!

Puddin

Have another appt. on the 21st and we'll see then. I am missing exercise and think I am ready for it as I have been very good to myself and done everything the dr. said. I will be 6 weeks post surgery by the 21st. My trainer cant start me until March 11th so I will be on my own till then anyway but atleast some cardio would be nice!

My scabs are almost gone. Only 1 on large breast incision. I LOVE MY BOOBS!!! first time in my life I cans say that. the incisions around the nipple and the line down are so fine that cant be seen in the mirror unless I unse the 5x's magnifier. the under cresent ones are there but a pencil line. Hey, how is your scar from the front? mine is very thin on the sides but at the pubic area where it will be hidden from hair (if I let it grow out that much) it is thicker. dr says the skin texture is different there. I just wonder if it will fade much of if I have to grow the pubs over it? any ideas? Are you using vit. E oil? I have been it works great I think.

Today is the day for love Uh. Oh my sweeting got me a great digital camera last weekend, then called today cause he needs to use it at work. He forgot to say anything. I got him a bottle of extra rare crown royal. it is only made once a year and each store can only purchase 1- that what the crown royal site said anyway. $200 bucks it better be damn good stuff! I agree, men dont have much to say- short sweet and to the point. Isnt that the way we like it so we have more time to talk!! I'd text back... any plans???

good luck with that boy stuff.

Hey puddin. I kind of had a guy like Tony for a while, and I really liked him. We'd talk, then we wouldn't. I always thought that if I was just cool about things, he'd come around. He never did. Dating is so hard - the whole "should I - shouldn't I?" debate. My thought is text him if you want, and even ask him where he's been if you really want to know. If he guy doesn't like it then too bad. If he really likes you, it won't bother him. Good luck, and hope you had a happy Valentine's Day!

My scabs are almost gone. Only 1 on large breast incision. I LOVE MY BOOBS!!! first time in my life I cans say that. the incisions around the nipple and the line down are so fine that cant be seen in the mirror unless I unse the 5x's magnifier. the under cresent ones are there but a pencil line. Hey, how is your scar from the front? mine is very thin on the sides but at the pubic area where it will be hidden from hair (if I let it grow out that much) it is thicker. dr says the skin texture is different there. I just wonder if it will fade much of if I have to grow the pubs over it? any ideas? Are you using vit. E oil? I have been it works great I think.

Brenda, wow! I've seen pics of the boob lift before, and sometimes the line down is prominent. It's awesome that yours is that fine. I have never, ever had big boobs, so mine just need a "fill" LOL. I suppose that's on the list for after the triathlon, perhaps. My ex was going to pay for them, but now he's gone dammit.

My scar on the front is pretty thin all over. I had brazillian bikini laser hair removal so I couldn't hide it if I wanted to, but I'm not too worried about it. The scar will be visible my whole life, I'm sure, and will only be seen by my husband, so it doesn't bother me too bad.

As far as Tony goes, I'm going to leave any additional texting in his ball court. He was not conversational in his last text like he usually is, but he DID text back, so I assume all interest isn't lost. If he doesn't text me in the next couple days I'll text him and ask if he wants to go see a musical next week with me. He has the most beautiful singing voice - got a full-ride music scholarship to Pepperdine, and I know he'd appreciate the musical. I mean, we WERE friends before anything else. In fact, I had him in friend zone for an entire month while I've been 'recovering' from my breakup. I think as soon as I took him out of friend mode it kind of freaked him out. And... also... I hate to put it this way, but he IS disproportionately better looking than me. He may want to remain in friend mode. Anyway, I'm just going to ride this one out, like I said. This is one crazy game, dating.

Brenda: Thanks for the info on the breast lift. I'm inclined to go for it. We'll see when I get to that point. If I'm going to be in a lot of pain, I may as well hurt all over!

I had it done in Mexico yes and the facility was a mini private hospital. It had the surgery prep room, surgery room, recovery room. It was nice, not Monterrey nice but nice, nonetheless. The staff was phenomenal though.

To answer someone else's question, I had the full TT with the stitch and Lipo around my waistline. I had to take 4 weeks to recover, meaning, no exercise but I went against the doctors orders and started working out week 2 which I shouldn't have. I kinda hurt myself. Everything is good now though.

Total recovery time is 6 - 12 months post operatively. Meaning, that is how long it may take for the swelling to go completely down.

Telly, you may have already posted in an earlier thread so forgive me, but who did your surgery in Mexico, and would you recommend this facility? Also, would you mind sharing how much it was? Thanks!

It was Dr. Romero out of Tijuana. I would recommend him. Some others may not but it's based on my interview with him and his staff. Of course the pricing was my initial eye catcher, which I shouldn't be soo cheap about things but he did a great job and I'm happy with the results. I will be using him in a few months to do my Breast Augmentation, Butt Lift/Enhancement and Lipo in one more section. If you want specific information just send me a PM-private msg. and I will give you his name and number and website.

My TT with lipo cost me $3,800.00usd. He removed 9lbs of excess skin and about 3lbs of fat through lipo.

Puddin,

After reading about your dating woes I have to recommend a couple of books to you that have helped me a lot.

1) He's Just Not That Into You - by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

2) Be Honest, You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve - by Ian Kerner

3) Mars and Venus on a Date - by John Gray

4) The Five Love Languages for Singles - by Gary Chapman

5) How to Avoid Marrying a Jerk - by John Van Epp (I am reading now.)

With the exception of The Five Love Languages I have been able to get all of these through my library. Best of luck with your continued success!

You all look so great. I am just at the beginning of my lapband journey and I have to ask (I didn't see it anywhere in the thread) - how painful is a lower body lift? Tummy Tuck? I have had many surgeries, including having my legs rebuilt with rods, plates and screws. Those were awful and I really don't think I could go through anything that painful voluntarily. So, on a scale of 1-10 (imagine 10 as having shattered legs) - where would you say these procedures fall? I also have 3 kids - 2, 6, 12 so I can't be immobile for a long period of time. Thanks - and again - you all look GREAT.

Sara

Thanks for the book advice. I've actually got two of those books but haven't read them yet. I'll make some time for them. I have to work on my confidence levels right now.

Cosean,

To be honest with you, I didn't think the lower body lift was all that painful, but pain isn't a huge deal to me. I used to get kidney stones every 6 months or so. The Tummy Tuck was NO BIG DEAL compared to that. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it was a 3. It was more of a pain in the butt than anything. And you are going to be immobile for a long period of time. I'd plan on 3 weeks of immobility, and that's without any complications.

I had brazillian bikini laser hair removal so I couldn't hide it if I wanted to, but I'm not too worried about it.

Sorry Puddin, just had to bug you with this. It actually worked? How many 'treatments' did you need? Ahhh.. that would be so nice to have done!

Sorry Puddin, just had to bug you with this. It actually worked? How many 'treatments' did you need? Ahhh.. that would be so nice to have done!

I needed, honestly, about 7 treatments, and I'll possibly need an 8th (we'll see in about 4 weeks). It's a stubborn area.