Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

big veins tonight

Around-I need to check the blood pressure again. Honestly' date=' I think it has gone up and sill get it checked today. We have a home cuff, but do not use it very much. One observation I made last night is the "pain" throbbed the most in a junction point of the primary vein on top of the hand where it branched towards middle finger and non married ring finger Is that a good classification of that finger?. Essentially, the finger between middle and pinky fingers.

This blood "pump" is a change from most of the year after surgery where I was my bp was consistently 110 / 70 and my resting heart rate was between 40-45. Yes, my heart seemed to be pumping faster and harder now last night. It has since calmed down this morning.

One change that occurred yesterday is I started a new really hard and intense workout at home (my next personal 12 week challenge). Loved it, but man it was a serious push of constant HIIT/ strength. I have also been taking some energy pills to help drive my focus and drive during workouts in order to push myself physically way beyond the point of comfort.

I am not sure to think of it as good or bad. Good, I suppose, as being more visibly vascular is a sign that my hard training is paying off and my overall body composition is going in the right direction (targetting 10-12%). Bad because painful right hand vein pain may be a sign of phlebitis:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_swollen_and_painful_vein_on_right_hand_dangerous

Not something to mess around with. I do not view the doctor with the same level of authority as I used to, meaning, I want to manage my own health holistically if possible. This is not meant to be a negative comment about the medical industry. I just want to manage my own health holistically without having to depend on prescriptions, doctors, nurses, whatever.

I hate to be whining about this pain and that pain or this ache and that ache. Since achieving goal, I have taken my health into my own hands, trying to eat as healthy as possible to maximize my fitness efforts. It has paid off and I feel great, have so much energy and can do physically so many more things that I could only dream about before. I like what I have achieved in terms of fitness, nutrition and general knowledge about both in the last 6 months.[/quote']

Be careful some of those energy pills have some not so good side effects like increased blood pressure, heart palpitation, and even cardiac arrest.

What is the energy pill your taking' date=' alt of those ones like hydroxycut are mostly caffeine which will increase your bp and heart rate and can give you palpitations.[/quote']

Been on oxyelitepro for about 1.5 months. It has reduced a lot of body fat and gives me the power during working out. I am due to cycle off it pretty soon for a couple months.

Oxyelite Pro Side Effects for Both Men and Women The following are the possible side effects anyone using Oxyelite Pro may experience: Caffeine-induced Side Effects. Oxyelite Pro contains caffeine, which speeds up metabolism. However, caffeine can be addictive and can cause several side effects, including: *Nausea

*Dizziness

*Queasiness

*Racing Heart

*Hypertension

*Restlessness

*Insomnia

*Nervousness

*Irritability

*Muscle twitching

*Increased urination

*Constipation

^Increase in Sweating.

As the name implies, thermogenics like Oxyelite Pro promote body heating that results in increased sweating. As your body heats up to burn more calories, the body employs a natural process, sweating, which reduces the body temperature. Of all the Oxyelite Pro side effects, this is the most difficult for some users because it is not only uncomfortable, but can also be publicly embarrassing. Decrease in Appetite. Loss of appetite is an expected goal of the product, but some people may not be happy with this effect. One more undesirable effect is that not only fat is lost, but muscle mass as well. Furthermore, for people who stop using the pill the reverse effects may occur and they may not be able to function without taking it. Heart Problems.

Oxyelite Pro is a vasoconstrictor, which shrinks the diameter of blood vessels and impedes blood flow. With an increased heart rate, vasoconstriction can increase blood pressure, which can increase one's risk for a heart attack or stroke. When used with exercise, this can be potentially dangerous.

Never take Oxyelite Pro with other stimulants or pre-workout drinks used by bodybuilders. Never mix it with drugs containing amphetamines or antidepressants.

Fiddle get off that ****. What are you looking for?

I love you man, you know that. But I worry about this obsession of yours for "perfection"

This **** is damaging your body.

Fiddle get off that ****. What are you looking for?

I love you man' date=' you know that. But I worry about this obsession of yours for "perfection"

This **** is damaging your body.

[/quote']

I am thinking of getting off the oxy due to the side effects. It is time to cycle off it anyways. I missed the warning about mixing it with antidepressants, but did see the warning about mixing with other pre workouts (admit: ignored) and other thermos (did not ignore). Have cut coffee way back since on it. I still have an SSRI that I take a very low dose of because I still need to figure out how to stop it completely with the doctor. Need to research now why there is a warning about SSRI and this oxyelitepro.

WTF??

Lol!!! I had the same thought!

And yes get off that ****!!!

Fiddle, my brother was looking for perfection..

He had addiction problems his whole adult life,

Including addiction to fitness, performance and youth. He is dead.

What are you looking for?

To answer your question: I am looking to achieve an athletic physical fitness with a body fat percentage of 10-12%. I have stated in another thread about dreams that I want to compete in cross fit national games in 2 years and then compete in america ninja warrior in about 5 years. I have an unfair disadvantage as never been an athlete before and am not genetically disposed to it in terms of body composition. However, I believe with the right attention to nutrition, training and supplementation, anything is possible. Anything. I have a lot of quick catching up to do in the next 5 years and bit requires a lot of daily focus to transforming my body in terms if composition and athleticism. Plus I need to eliminate this small skin issue in the tummy from losing weight. It is not bad, but still needs to go to achieve my goals.

Fiddle......just be careful with some of that and make sure to read up on the ingredients. If you can......can you save that energy stuff (caffeine, etc), for when you absolutely cannot get going? Sometimes half of the battle is getting to the gym and getting started, then once you're into it, the exercise and blood pumping will be enough of a stimulant to get you going and to focus. Just hoping you can at least cut back a little on the stimulants and only use them when you absolutely have to.....if at all. You're doing well bud and I'd hate to see you use stuff that may have some bad side effects or even lead to serious illness or consequences.

Laura.......may I ask what happened to him? Heart attack? Overdose?

Around - I may use stimulants too much as an expectation to amplifying workout result. Maybe I do depend on them a little too much as the rule instead of the exception. Is using energy supplements to achieve a better workout an addiction? Is it wrong? I got sold on the idea that such supplementation was the rule rather than he exception from the supplementation sales people (eg Vitamin shoppe) and from research in the body building forums. And that leads me to always use them for every workout. And the results are great in terms on reps, speed, performance, etc. Can I achieve the same results without them? Not sure. I should try. I always have had n addictive personality in everything I set my mind to as always want to give 110%. Is that healthy? Most of the time it is. Valedictorian, Eagle Scout, Concert Master in 120 member orchestra prior in life. Top of my career, great family, good post op weight loss, a competitive drive in athletic workouts to always get better. Having an addictive personality has served me well in being able to succeed and not settle.

I'm done with VST today....

Good luck to you fiddle.

Laura, I did not mean to have you leave from my words. I apologize if what I have said has offended you. I was just restating my long term goals. You and I go way back and share a lot together since this VST collaboration has started. I hope you are not mad. Yes, I do have an addictive personality. It is in my bones.