Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start of new chapter in my life!

I had my GS on July 30, 2013 and I am excited about my new journey!

I started at 262 lbs, now at 244. I have my first post-op Dr. appt today. I had the best post-op experience. Almost no nausea and absolutely no pain! I actually asked Dr. Burpee when he came in right after surgery if he had to call it off because I didn't feel like I had anything done!

So glad I found this site, great info and great place to vent and share achievements!

You are so lucky! I hope your journey continues pain free :)

Yeah! Another complication-free sleever! Welcome! I am so afraid that newbies will think that people with lots of complications are the norm, when really the rate of complications for this surgery is actually very small.

I, like you, wondered if the surgery actually took place. If I didn't have 5 little scars in my tummy and the inability to eat very much, I might think it never happened. No pain, no nausea, no vomiting, oh and, no more size 18-20's, or 2x's. Feeling fantastic and loving my sleeve!

My husband and I are another pair of problem free sleevers I was sleeved 6/20 an hubs was sleeved 7/18! After the initial soreness and adjustment to lifestyle all had gone well!

We are both well into our fifties, walking daily, not much else yet! With pre-op diet and post-op we have both lost just over 41lbs each! I wish I had done it years ago! But everything happens for a reason! So glad we are sleevers!

Sorry, I also only had to have 4 tiny holes not 5..!!

My husband and I have been complication-free so far as well. It's early for us, only 10 days, but like Cindy, if it weren't for the scars, the inability to eat much, and the tiredness that comes on me too easily, I too would wonder if anything had changed.

Apart from the most important thing which is that R has lost 20 lbs and I have lost 19 lbs in 3 weeks! NEVER in our lives have we managed that before.

I was almost afraid to post my "not too bad" recovery story because I thought I might be giving people false hope because surely it's not that easy for everyone? So I'm doubly glad to see this post. Glad to hear you're doing well, and glad that this "not too bad" is in fact the norm for many, if not most of us.

Yup, complication free for me as well! I did have some nausea the first two days. Honestly though I think that was more because I don't handle anesthesia well. I've gotten sick after every surgery I've ever had. I actually accused my doc of not doing anything! He just laughed and said..."Trust me, you'll will have signs that I did"..So, my bloodwork is just about perfect...cholesterol...perfect...vitamins..perfect...blood pressure...perfect...lost 52 pounds....perfect...and eat too much....oh I so feel it... So, the last appointment I had, "I said ok ok, so you DID do the surgery"

I'm in Arizona as well, I didn't use Dr. Burpee, but I've heard good stuff about him and went to a seminar or two with him involved.

Wonderful thread! There are so many posts out there from people who have had complications, can't eat or hold down food, have regrets -- or consider a day without a loss a STALL -- that I am afraid they are scaring off newbies.

I've decided to make it my mission to make sure our world knows that the rate of complications is actually very small. While I really feel for those sleevers who have had problems, I am afraid their voices are drowning out the positive experiences that most of us have had.

Let's all join together to share our positive experiences!

I am 66, had my surgery on March 11 and I am also one of those with no pain,no nausea, increased energy and a 75 lb weight loss so far. I am off insulin, my oxygen level has gone from 80 to 98%.

Thanks! Since I have severe Osteoarthritis in both knees, exercise is slow and difficult which has made my weight loss quite slow. Officially only 17 lbs in 13 days so far. I am desperately counting the days to being able to take my anti-inflammatory and getting more intense workouts in! I also got the ok to swim today, so Water aerobic here I come!!

post-66030-13813668854471_thumb.png

So I am very glad to hear that there is a lot of people with no complications. My friends who have had it done, also no complications, they have lots of energy, their blood pressure has gone down, colesterol down, no more pain in the knees, all positive things. Thanks

My doc doesn't do Vitamin levels until 6 mos...

Hi Trillian135, my name is Tony and I had my surgery on 07/30 as well and funny your saying that to your doc because thank god I fell the same way, I feel great and was also thinking maybe nothing was done after all.

Thats great your feeling great to. How are you doning on your weight because since my surgery I have only lost 13lbs. my doctor said the first couple of weeks your only loosing weigfht because of muscle he said the real weight loss has not started yet.

Has anybody had thier vit count done, as I read that there could be vit deficiency

I just had my Vitamin levels checked. Blood Counts, Iron, Sodium, Potassium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 -- all perfect, right in the mid-range. I obsess about Vitamins though, so it is paying off.

Cholesterol was 184, HDL 53, LDL 116, Triglycerides 75.

Blood Sugar still a little high at 133; A1C 7.1 -- but I expect these to be normal by my next check in 3 months.