Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 day postop having trouble

I'm 5 day postop trying to get my Protein Shakes down and it's the hardest thing I get that nasty feeling like your going puke, very nauseas when I sip on just Protein shakes... What to do? Jello Water and etc down fine but those shake are making me gagg any advice??

Have you tried the pre made ones? I like muscle mike and just take sips

Have you tried clear protien like Isopure? Those thick shakes were impossible for me. But found I could tolerate 40gm Applemelon Isopure that I got at GNC. They are expensive, (so buy one or two initially) to see how you do. Remember, you are not eating for taste but for hydration and Protein only. When I was trying to find what worked for me I spent hundreds of wasted dollars, so be wiser than me.

Also - I hear a lot of people like to 30 gm PureProtein found at costco or Sams. Good luck!

I love my sleeve and have no regrets.

Have you tried clear protien like Isopure? Those thick shakes were impossible for me. But found I could tolerate 40gm Applemelon Isopure that I got at GNC. They are expensive' date=' (so buy one or two initially) to see how you do. Remember, you are not eating for taste but for hydration and Protein only. When I was trying to find what worked for me I spent hundreds of wasted dollars, so be wiser than me.

Also - I hear a lot of people like to 30 gm PureProtein found at costco or Sams. Good luck!

I love my sleeve and have no regrets.[/quote']

Yes I have alot of options but nothing seems to stay right now I do my own mixing , premade and pure Protein nothing stay down.. I dnt regret it but I need to find sumthing that works

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Initially, you may have to try several until your new tummy finds one it can tolerate. Eas carb control are light and easy and ready to drink. Try buying individuals of different brands and flavors until you find one that suits you. The ready to drink are a little thinner and easier to tolerate.

Unfortunately, my tummy could only tolerate the "the finer things" and I had to go with spending a little more for better quality. It definitely did not like soy based, but each tummy is different.

Good luck!!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Initially' date=' you may have to try several until your new tummy finds one it can tolerate. Eas carb control are light and easy and ready to drink. Try buying individuals of different brands and flavors until you find one that suits you. The ready to drink are a little thinner and easier to tolerate.

Unfortunately, my tummy could only tolerate the "the finer things" and I had to go with spending a little more for better quality. It definitely did not like soy based, but each tummy is different.

Good luck!![/quote']

Thanks i actually have that kind been trying to hold off on it cuz chocolate flavor made me puke .. I think when they fix my hiteal hernia makes it's twice as hard..

Try mixing half a scoop of fruit flavored Protein mix in with the Jello mix when you make it. It might not all dissolve, but it still goes down easily and tastes good.