Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you share your good and easy to make meal favorites?

I am about 6 1/2 weeks post op now and really feel like I need more variety in my meals. For the past two days in a row I ate Lean Cuisine meals which tasted great but I know due to the carbs and sodium they are not a good choice. I never knew how to make good healthy meals prior to getting sleeved. What kinds of meals do you make?

I'm still on softs, so not very creative yet to be helpful to you other than to tell you that I found several bariatric surgery cookbooks on Amazon. I bought a couple and expect that once I hit the regular diet in (9 days!) I'll be trying some of the recipes out. They looked pretty good, might be worth some surfing.

Good luck!

This is what i ate for dinner last week. I had turkey wings cooked in an electric pressure cooker but would be just as good cooked in a Dutch oven or pot on the stove with no side ( turkey was so big so I couldn't fit any side). I had baked tilapia with salad. Lets see, I had chicken tenderloins sautéed in EV Coconut Oil with green Beans and sweet potato. I had a chili dog. I had Protein shake and watermelon. My Breakfast is usually a Protein Shake and i usually have fruit and leftover meat/protein from the night before for lunch.I snack on sunflower seeds, pork skins, carbmaster yogurt, fruit. If I have to have chips or junk, I get a single serving and have it then and there. I don't get a large size nor do I bring it home. I satisfy my craving and leave it at that.

I try not to make too big of a deal out of food and remember that I eat to live and not live to eat. I find that this helps me because I love to cook and if I'm going to cook it, I'm going to eat it and that's what got me here in the first place.

Well while I am on the pureed/ soft food stage I put some chicken breats in to my blender & added a little bit of salsa to help keep it moist & blended it all up well. Added some low far chedder cheese to it & melted it on top & then just a tiny bit of sour cream & it tasted just like a chicken quesadilla without the tortilla. :) 2 chicken breasts made this way last for several meals. I loved it & it was so yummy!!!!

Well while I am on the pureed/ soft food stage I put some chicken breats in to my blender & added a little bit of salsa to help keep it moist & blended it all up well. Added some low far chedder cheese to it & melted it on top & then just a tiny bit of sour cream & it tasted just like a chicken quesadilla without the tortilla. :) 2 chicken breasts made this way last for several meals. I loved it & it was so yummy!!!!

Good call! I was so excited today to eat food that actually looked like "real food"! All last week (my first week of softs) I managed on tuna salad, egg salad, yogurts, and Soups. Both tuna and egg went into the food processor. Kinda glad I did that, because it was a good transition, but I'm so ready for real food. So this morning I made high-protein pancakes (Wonderslim that I ordered from Bariatric Choice), used 1/3 c milk instead of 1/4 c Water for the pouch of mix and spread 1 tbsp of sunflower seed butter on the 2 (what I used to consider tiny) pancakes it made. About 300 cal total. I was literally full after about 5 bites. It was only about 10% of my first foray into post-surgery cooking. I figured it was about 38 calories. I slowed way down and took a small bite every 3-5 minutes and was able to get one of the pancakes down and had the second for lunch. Then for dinner, hubbs made himself some boxed crap with hamburger and held out 1/4c of the ground beef for me and pulsed it in my mini cuisinart and I had 1/2c of canned green Beans. It took me about 90 minutes to eat it, but I'd never been so excited to eat plain ground beef and canned green Beans in my life :-) More creative days are ahead for me, though, I'm sure!

Thanks for the idea!

I'm a sleeve vet, 3 yrs, and I recommend, plain greek yogurt that you dress up yourself -fewer hidden sugars and cals that way. homemade chicken salad, any recipe from the blog The World According to Eggface, and whatever you do - stay away from prepackaged as much as possible ;)

I'm newly sleeved and have started experimenting because I need to cook for my family and find something I can eat as well. I work full time so I also need things quick and easy. Last night I used the crock pot. I put two chicken breast cut up in small pieces, a large can of progressive mushroom Soup, a cup of Water, a cup of rice, added some seasonings, put it on high for 3 hours and presto! an easy meal for everyone! I love my crock pot. It helps keep meats moist which is good for the sleeve.

chicken salad, tuna salad, salmon (they have patties at trader joes or costco and frozen filets by Gordon's are yummy)- broil them with lemon pepper, teriyaki sauce, herb butter etc and you can have one meat a million ways, chili with cheese and Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), Atkins meals, lunch meat and cheese in 1/4 of a pita, hummus, sautéed chicken, baked chicken, I do a lot of Mexican shredded chicken and then I can make a taco, or enchilada out of it or make a quesadilla out of a flat out wrap.

I am about 6 1/2 weeks post op now and really feel like I need more variety in my meals. For the past two days in a row I ate Lean Cuisine meals which tasted great but I know due to the carbs and sodium they are not a good choice. I never knew how to make good healthy meals prior to getting sleeved. What kinds of meals do you make?

Hello im bout 11 1/2 weeks post op my main meal ive been making for lunch/dinner is quinoa great healthy alternative to rice I boil with a cube of chicken bouillon and garlic, garnish with diced tomatoes,chives, and diced avocados . Grill/broil chicken breast with pepper salt and garlic powder and drizzle with olive oil and served over the quinoa :) made it for dinner tonight and hubby actually loved his cause I topped it off with a spicy mango salsa

Hello im bout 11 1/2 weeks post op my main meal ive been making for lunch/dinner is quinoa great healthy alternative to rice I boil with a cube of chicken bouillon and garlic, garnish with diced tomatoes,chives, and diced avocados . Grill/broil chicken breast with pepper salt and garlic powder and drizzle with olive oil and served over the quinoa :) made it for dinner tonight and hubby actually loved his cause I topped it off with a spicy mango salsa

Sounds delicious!

I'm a sleeve vet, 3 yrs, and I recommend, plain greek yogurt that you dress up yourself -fewer hidden sugars and cals that way. homemade chicken salad, any recipe from the blog The World According to Eggface, and whatever you do - stay away from prepackaged as much as possible ;)

That site is amazing! I will have to spend more time there. I notice she only has Snacks listed there or are am I missing meals or does she just eat the Snacks for meals?

Goodlady - what are you characterizing as "snacks"? Her portions are WLS appropriate but she makes real meals as well as appetizers, Snacks, Desserts, Protein Shakes, etc. Explore her site, it is so helpful, you will see people pulling from her again and again here on VST over in the food & Nutrition section - her Ricotta Bake is the stuff of legend for post-ops in the mushies phase! :)

I'm 6 weeks out so I'm guessing your on regular foods too? I like experimenting because I've also been kinda bored. Fr lunch yesterday I ended up cutting up a string cheese, and shredding up some boars head chicken breast, and tossing it in homemade buffalo wing sauce. It was so good! Put it in the microwave for a second so the cheese just starts to melt..yum!