Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know we are not supposed to drink carbonated drinks, I've heard it hurts like crazy... I'm wondering if I could get a caffiene free diet soda and open it and let it sit til it's flat and then drink it? Pretty sad, huh? Lol.... I'm 6 wks post op and doing great, just so bored with my Powerade zero, skim milk, and every flavoring for Water that's made! Lol

Hi. Flat soda is on my list, but in moderation. So Yay!

if you like lemonade- minute maid has a light version in a can- i like being able to take a can of something to work. at a meeting that i went to the leader did an experiment with "flat soda" and fresh soda- she had bottles and put a balloon on each one- even the flat one blew up the balloon. It stuck in my head how much gas there is in carbonation and i do NOT want to blow my little pouch up with it. i love diet coke but to me it's just not worth it- i never want to stretch my pouch and feel that desperate "gimme food" feeling EVER again. :)

Soda is an addiction for me. I tried to stop drinking it for over 40 years until right before this surgery. Once I made the decision to better my life style for my health, I was able to give it up. I really don't miss it. I don't even think about it anymore. I do get tired of drinking diluted gatorade, crystal lite, Powerade, or just plain water.... But I do treasure my skinny body and good health and plan on never drinking it again. I really don't miss it and I don't need it. JMHO. We all have are demons that we struggle with so I am not judging. Enjoy your ride to better health and skinniness. :P

I tried having soda 3 months out of surgery and it burned. However about 9 months out, I tried a few sips, and it did not hurt. I noticed, however, that if it is not flat (defeats the purpose), and take a large sip, I must burp the gas out immediatly, otherwise I get a feeling of having a huge buble stuck in my stomach.

I know we are not supposed to drink carbonated drinks, I've heard it hurts like crazy... I'm wondering if I could get a caffiene free diet soda and open it and let it sit til it's flat and then drink it? Pretty sad, huh? Lol.... I'm 6 wks post op and doing great, just so bored with my Powerade zero, skim milk, and every flavoring for Water that's made! Lol

Follow your doctor's instructions. I was allowed carbonated drinks after six weeks. I drink diet gingerale which is VERY bubbly and it feels no different on my sleeved tummy than it did before. My doctor's only advice about soda was to make sure it's diet, don't overdo it, and if it hurts, don't drink it.

Whether or not to drink soda is a personal decision. There are people who feel addicted to soda an therefore choose never to drink it again. There are people for whom having soda triggers cravings for other foods such as pizza so they avoid soda in order to avoid those cravings. There are some for whom soda no longer has a place in their healthy new lifestyle.. Then there are others like me, who have no medical reason not to drink it since our doctors don't believe it stretches the sleeve and who tolerate soda well, and who don't find it leads to cravings or addictive behavior. So for ME it's not an issue. I have a diet gingerale a couple times a month.. but what works for YOU might be completely different.

I haven't done this bc I gave up sodas completely but I know someone who uses the soda stream flavors and just doesn't carbonate them

I haven't done this bc I gave up sodas completely but I know someone who uses the soda stream flavors and just doesn't carbonate them

We do that all the time. I don't even have a soda stream but we buy the diet flavors. The cola, ginger ale, root beers don't work with Water. But grapefruit, fruit punch, cranberry pomegranate, and to some extent orange work very well. I like being able to lightly flavor the Water instead of following the ultra sweet proportions.

My husband has made shakes with unflavored Protein and those flavors. Cranberry pomegranate is excellent made that way.

I have tried soda and had absolutely no problems at all. Of course you cant drink much of it but for me theres no pain, no bloating ect like some say. It does NOT stretch the sleeve like some might suggest. Just do it in moderation

I like the carbonation ,so if it goes flat theres no point drinking it to me.