Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am post op 8 days. Did a few errands with the family and I am now in the car as they eat Taco Bell. It.... Smells......so......good!!!!!!

I know that at some point I will be allowed food again but I know I will never allow myself to eat Taco Bell or fast food again. Sorry to be dramatic but ughhhhhh!!!!!

I am post op 8 days. Did a few errands with the family and I am now in the car as they eat Taco Bell. It.... Smells......so......good!!!!!!

I know that at some point I will be allowed food again but I know I will never allow myself to eat Taco Bell or fast food again. Sorry to be dramatic but ughhhhhh!!!!!

Know what helps me? Looking up the nutrition information on stuff like this.

I deserve better - so do you.

Know what helps me? Looking up the nutrition information on stuff like this.

I deserve better - so do you.

I know. I was watching them eat it and trying to visualize all the calories and fat. My teenage son is naturally thin and can eat whatever he wants, it's crazy.

You're not being too dramatic...

Last night I had Taco Bell. I ate the toppings off the nachos grande. It was my first fast food (I didn't do fast food except the Bell pre-op). Eating just the toppings (Beans, meat, and a taste of cheese) was good satisfying and didn't hurt my calories/carbs.

Hang in there and don't swear off fast foods forever. There are lots of Vets who mention the Bell is one of the better fast food places to go post-op.

I eat bean burritos ,potatoe loaders no bacon and 7 layer nachos made with Beans instead of meat. I can only eat half of each but they are delicious. I also get baked potatoes with chives from Wendy and side salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

I've eaten fast food. I had chick fil a meal with grilled nuggets, fruit and diet lemonade. It took 2 sessions to eat the nuggets and I ate 2 orange slices and 3 berries. also get grilled chicken wraps plain from McD and eat a little of the tortilla at Taco bell I would get pintos and cheese. Remember you can have most anything it's the choices you make and the life you have now. Protein, veggies then starch. I never make it to starch.

Ohhhh MandaPanda, you're not being dramatic and I feel your pain! I had to order lunch for the board members at work today, and it smells amazing. Started my liquid diet so guess I'll just sit back and enjoy this Orange Dream Protein shake!

I don't know. Fast food is an addiction for me so I am going to stay away from it all together. I am home now with my Jello and Tomato Soup. Feeling better now.

I haven't had Taco Bell in several years -- once the news hit that they admitted one of their ingredients to make their burritos weigh so much was silicone....ugh, that's not food. I have loved me some BK and McD's though. However, since surgery I've gone through detox with fast food. And I don't think I'll ever be tempted again because I see that the workers are so underpaid. Underpaid = disgruntled, and that leads to some of the horrible things we've seen pictures of posted .....licking the taco shells, etc. So all in all, it's not really food, it's contributed to an obesity epidemic (of which I was a part), the workers are underpaid while the companies reap huge profits....to me it's not much better than supporting tobacco companies by smoking. It's not good for anyone except the companies who perpetuate it all.

Not to say I don't LOVE some burgers & mexican food! There are plenty of mom- and- pop- type joints that make burgers and mexican food, and I'd rather support them, and I believe the food is better quality. They don't have drive throughs, but then I should be motivated enough to actually walk in.....

ok sorry.....I'll climb down now of my soap box.

You are not being dramatic. I think we can all understand how you feel. Heck I got hungry just reading this post :)

I think most of us, at least for me, the problem wasn't so much what we ate as how much we ate. I remember going to Weight Watchers, getting a good healthy recipe and eating all 4 servings.

I used to get a large burger and large fries; now, if i want a burger, I get one, but I get a small one and no fries. My bf gets fries and sometimes I have 3-4 of them.

i had a mc donalds hamburger the other day. i ordered it naked-just bun, meat and cheese. i took off and threw out the top bun. took me 2 x to eat the burger. omg did it taste like heaven.

I don't know. Fast food is an addiction for me so I am going to stay away from it all together. I am home now with my Jello and Tomato Soup. Feeling better now.

Glad you're feeling better and know what your addictions are. Good plan to stay away.

Remember it won't taste 1/2 as good as it smells.

Sent from my iPhone using VST