Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow weight loss

I was sleeved on Feb 26th and I am feeling discouraged and somewhat depressed on the progress that I am making, not sure if I am on track or behind. My doctor says I am on track and a little ahead but I dont feel like this when I read others post. This last month has been a stall for me. I lost on 4# for the whole month and to be on schedule I should have lost 10# this month. Dr wants 10# a month as he states that the window of weight loss is closing each and everyday.

So in reality I started at 378 pound pre surgery, Started the Phentermine diet which helped and got me to 343. was more than excited about the weight loss. Then 2 week pre surgery I was at 316 for surgery day I weighed in at 301. Today I am at 243 and have stalled for a month now I am feeling discouraged and depressed. I have not been much of a liquid drinker and Water is not my forte as I use to drink 6-10 cans of coca cola a day. so getting all the water in is hard for me. especailly since most of the drinks were comsumed with my meals. any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have not been measuring my meals and I want to know if there is an app for counting protien? I am just assuming that I am get enough in and I dont think that I am since I am losing my hair like crazy. I try to eat fresh veggies and alot of chicken, Steak, Fish, and Turkey. I am almost tired of eating chicken alot. I am still greatful that I did have the surgery and I know that this is only a tool to help me succeed, but my exercise consisted of walk/run on the treadmill for a mile, then some weightlifting for 30mins. any suggestions on this would be helpful. I can not afford to go to a gym.

Any positive suggestions would be greatful please no negative posts as I feel bad already and struggling with my choices. Thanks everyone.

Myfitnesspal counts your Protein (along with calories, carbs, etc.). I am no expert but I would definitely suggest going back to measuring your meals and logging everything.

As for Water, I find I drink more if I can mix some Crystal Light or Hansens Naturals in with it. I basically have something to drink with me always, except during meals and for 30 minutes after. I try to just drink from that as often as I can.

You have lost a ton of weight since starting this journey and I think you should be proud of yourself! Keep working at it and the weight will come off, sooner or later.

I was sleeved on Feb 26th and I am feeling discouraged and somewhat depressed on the progress that I am making, not sure if I am on track or behind. My doctor says I am on track and a little ahead but I dont feel like this when I read others post. This last month has been a stall for me. I lost on 4# for the whole month and to be on schedule I should have lost 10# this month. Dr wants 10# a month as he states that the window of weight loss is closing each and everyday.

So in reality I started at 378 pound pre surgery, Started the Phentermine diet which helped and got me to 343. was more than excited about the weight loss. Then 2 week pre surgery I was at 316 for surgery day I weighed in at 301. Today I am at 243 and have stalled for a month now I am feeling discouraged and depressed. I have not been much of a liquid drinker and Water is not my forte as I use to drink 6-10 cans of coca cola a day. so getting all the Water in is hard for me. especailly since most of the drinks were comsumed with my meals. any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have not been measuring my meals and I want to know if there is an app for counting protien? I am just assuming that I am get enough in and I dont think that I am since I am losing my hair like crazy. I try to eat fresh veggies and alot of chicken, Steak, Fish, and Turkey. I am almost tired of eating chicken alot. I am still greatful that I did have the surgery and I know that this is only a tool to help me succeed, but my exercise consisted of walk/run on the treadmill for a mile, then some weightlifting for 30mins. any suggestions on this would be helpful. I can not afford to go to a gym.

Any positive suggestions would be greatful please no negative posts as I feel bad already and struggling with my choices. Thanks everyone.

I feel your pain. I had my 6 month check up today and was nervous as hell. I have lost 10 pounds according to their scale and 12 according to mine in 6 weeks. This is down a total of 60 pounds. My surgeon did not appear to be surprised. He even said "I don't judge weightloss at this stage and you look good. Talk to me in three months if you aren't losing weight." In a way it made me feel better but it is still really frustrating.

If you have an iPhone you can use the app called "lose it" I think it is really great. You can track food and exercise. You can see the percentage of Protein to fat to carbs on a pie chart. You can also scan bar codes on foods and a lot of them will pop up. If it doesn't you can add the food and nutrition. I like this because I don't trust other interpretations of food when I have the label in front of me. Prior to surgery I lost 45 pounds tracking my food and exercise with the app.

Good luck on your journey :)

An important point with myfitnesspal is to set your calories and other parameters but don't allow adding exercise to think that you can eat more calories. Stay with your doctors guidelines. At your stage I was at 800 to 1000 calories per day. You are also at the normal time for Hair loss so you may be getting enough Protein. Most people just lose hair at 4 to 5 months.

You have lost over 100lbs already! Girl, what are you worried about? You are doing great!

I was sleeved on Feb 28th and my weight loss slowed down a lot last month too. It seems like I have to start working at it harder now and I've noticed when I get some more exercise in I lose faster. I like bicycling but don't always have time or the weather is bad. I also like using the elliptical machine at the gym. I've realized that I am able to eat more now too. I usually eat about 1200 to 1300 calories. I also use the "lose it" app to track my calories. I'm very tall 6'1" so I seem to need more food. Re:hair loss, I haven't had any significant Hair loss so far. I think it isn't just how much Protein you eat but also fats, the good Omega 3 fats, that can help you grow your hair back.

Be proud of your tremendous accomplishment so far! Everyone's rate of weight loss is different.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6

My doc suggested iced tea or flavoring in the Water even if it was just lemon. I find it easier to get down.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful insights and I look forward to continue talking with you all. I have learned that talking with others is a big help and the support is helpful. I know that I have some challenges and that I need to overcome these to finally be able to use this surgery at its potential. I know it is only a tool but I cant be commited half the time I need to be all in. So having the support is so helpful. So a big thanks to you that have responded and have given me support. God Bless