Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Can I join the boot camp? I know that it is a little late in the game, but I am trying to get back on the band wagon (pun intended) after my first fill in 3 years.

My main goal is to get the exercise in. I have 2 kids under 5 and I am a nursing student which gives me lots of excuses to use NOT to exercise, so I am trying to commit to myself to get in at least thress 45 minute cardio sessions a week for now. Once I make it 21 days with that, I will add in strength training.

I lost 75-80 lbs before getting pregnant and in the last 3 years (pregnancy and breastfeeding) with no fill, I have gained 50 of that back! Eeekk! With summer coming up I will have more time, but I want to get my momentum going before I crash and burn after finals.

:welcome: Doula Lea

Sure you are welcome to join us, you're not late just in time. I understand about the kid situation, I have 3 small boys, 4 if you count the DH:biggrin1:

Great! I am excited to have the support!

Da da da dum! Now, to make it official.... I commit to at least fifteen 45 minute cardio sessions over the next month. I will strive for 10,000 steps a day. I will drink at least 64 oz of Water a day. I will make healthful food choices whenever possible. And, finally my biggest goal is keep from thinking negative thoughts about myself. When I do catch myself dwelling on something negative I will stop right there and think at least 3x as many positive thoughts about myself as I was thinking negative...

Winning the war in my mind is as important as winning the war on the treadmill.

I have got to get motivation to step on that treadmill from somewhere- right?

dinner last night was a grilled hamburger patty with onions and mushrooms (Yummo!)

Today - B- oatmeal

L- Grilled Fish (going out to eat with a friend, but I picked a restaurant where I can eat healthy)

D- Probably just grilled veggies, because the family is having steak

Last night - I put my workout clothes and did some stretching and Yoga while watching TV - my 8 year old and DH joined in - it was a lot of fun.

No lunch work out today, so I'm going to have to fit in Cardio tonight (maybe walking during the little league game)

Keep up the good work everyone, you guys are keeping me motivated.

Later

Man y'all are workin' it:first:

B: greenlea

L: egg salad w/ 3 saltines crackers (I hope it doesn't set off a carb craving:cry )

D: planned Protein whey shake

I'm doing some type of exercise tonite just don't know what yet, I have to be at a :happybday: party tonite. I hope I can stay strong around cake and ice cream. I'm got an Easter goal to meet on another board I'm on. I'm 7 pounds away, out of 20. I don't think I will loose 7lbs by Sunday....I know I'm rambling.....I'll go now:rolleyes

Tann you have done so well! Don't get down if you don't lose those 7 lbs. by Easter. Keep your head up! Work as hard as you can and I'm sure you will succeed (even if it's not 7 lbs.). :gluck:

Well my first day of m/e didn't go as expected. I wasn't as strong as I should have been. I had an internal fight with myself and the evil me won. :decision:Not good. Oh well, today is a new day and I have been doing really well! I am sure to see a smaller number tomorrow morning. :huytsao I am stubborn and I will make that scale bow to my weightloss request!:)

Just checking in for the day cuz i dont know if i will get back later or not

last night I ended up having a snack, cut up banana slices with melted Peanut Butter drizzled on top...It was wonderful...

20 oz orange water

30 oz water

8 oz chocolate whey (breakfast)

2 chicken egg rolls (lunch)

dont quite know about dinner yet but it wont be much

planning on running the yard with my son again today, will "try" to get back later to add my number of laps before passing out

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day

Ok, adding to my previous post:

30 minute workout on my gazelle and mowed the front yard

Thats my workout for today

cdgmom - I can definitely relate to the candy thing. I have a bag of Kissables in my drawer and eat them constantly throughout the day. My excuse is that my sugar drops and I get really shaky. I know that eating the candy all day is not the answer but I can't help myself. I went w/o it for a day and I was literally going nuts! Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse :deadhorse: and I am the horse! Suggestions anyone?:help:

Doula Lea - Welcome!:high5:

Angela - I am glad to hear that the scale is finally moving in the right direciton.

Meals

BKFST - oatmeal and coffee

lunch - salad

dinner - perhaps Cereal

H2O - none (Here is the PROBLEM)

16 oz. of cranberry juice

Well, tomorrow is weigh in. I am not expecting great results.

BTW - what should be an average weekly loss for a bandster?

For Me.......On the candy thing, I think you just gonna have to find something less damaging, what about yogurt covered raisen, nuts, sf hard candies, sf Jello, sf pudding, Peanut Butter, etc

I think us bandee are supposed to lose about 2 pounds a week. When I eat on program I can lose 4-7 lbs a week, when I don't stay on program I either gain a pound or two, or stay the same weight.

Don't forget the Water

Thanks DENISE for the encouragement:D

Boy, I am really tight today, I've been trying to drink my 8oz cup of decaffe and it's been 2 hours and I still have 1/2 cup to go:eek: maybe this will be a good day to just do liquards today, I'll let you know how I did later

THIS IS LATER:

I never did finish that coffee, I ate a 1 1/2 slice of pepper cheese as a snack and it have me really full and burping:rolleyes No Water yet. Gonna wait 1 hour and start my drinking will do a Protein shake for dinner, no lunch just drinking.

Alas, I gained half a pound overnight!!! I was losing everyday there for a while and now its being a very bad band again!!! I guess I need to threaten it with another fill to get it scared straight again

For those of you that remember SARGE I just spoke with her and she is doing GREAT. Same ole Christina. LOL!!

We didn't get to talk too long as she was driving and had only a few minutes. But she sounded wonderful.

20 oz orange water

8 oz chocolate whey (breakfast)

1 chicken egg roll and cheated and had 1 small bag of chili cheese fritos (lunch)

Medium salad with boiled eggs, shredded cheese and ranch (dinner)

handful of mini chocolate eggs (i know i know)

40 oz water

20 oz tea with splenda

30 minutes on the gazelle

Just got back from having a fill (my last freebie, since I'm almost 3 months out) and I have lost 4.5 lbs (yeah!!) I haven't been weighing on a regular basis because the scale is my enemy especially when I'm working out - so any loss is a good loss.

Today: B-Oatmeal

L- leftover grilled fish and vegetables

D - Tomato Soup (because of the fill)

I'm also leaving right now to get in my second workout of the day because we don't have church tonight for a change.

Later,