Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve in TEXAS? Doc referrals DfW area or Denton?

I used Dr. Nick Nicholson in Plano. He has done a lot of revisions. I don't know how many total though from band to sleeve. He did not do my band. I wanted a new surgeon for my revision. I researched him and went to his free seminar. Then due to crappy insurance I worked for 3 years to get approved. I got new insurance this year and within 2 months jumping through insurance hoops' date=' I was revised. Also his staff was great too.

Who ever you choose, my only advice is to find a doctor you trust. There were some red flags with my lap band doc but they didn't rear their ugly heads until after surgery. If I had listened to my instincts, I would not have gone with that lap band doc. I was 100% satisfied with Dr. Nick.[/quote']

I am using Dr. Provost out of Denton. The staff I'm not to crazy about. Hard to get them to return my calls. But I know dr. Provost is a good one for he put a band on my daughter. Good luck.

I'm doing the surgery with jayaseelan in Dallas. I went to Nicholson first and they seemed to give me the run around. Didn't feel at ease, so I went to Dr j. You have to go with your gut instinct. If you don't like a doctor or have bad feelings about them, don't continue with them. Consults are great because you get to talk to the doctor and see who they are. I didn't know Nicholson was going to charge me a $250 consult fee. Be warned about those!

I'm doing the surgery with jayaseelan in Dallas. I went to Nicholson first and they seemed to give me the run around. Didn't feel at ease' date=' so I went to Dr j. You have to go with your gut instinct. If you don't like a doctor or have bad feelings about them, don't continue with them. Consults are great because you get to talk to the doctor and see who they are. I didn't know Nicholson was going to charge me a 250 consult fee. Be warned about those![/quote']

I couldn't do Nicholson. My doctor is frank veninga. He's really smart and listens...I had a hard time finding someone I felt comfortable with. His staff is pretty personable.. I have been pleased so far!

I had the band removed and the sleeve done in one surgery on 8-5-13. I'm still recovering and learning my new body... but it has been good so far.

My revision doctor was Dr. Michael Green - you can find him at Livebylosingdotcom. I really liked him and so far I have only heard good things about him - and experienced only positive. His bedside manner is great and helps to make you feel very comfortable.

Good luck in your search.

Debra - you said you were using Dr.Provost in Denton... When you spoke to him did he try to convince you to do the gastric bypass before the sleeve? His PA told me he prefers the GB and I will NOT do that. Also, did you happen to asked him how many BAND to sleeve revisions he has done? She told me he has done 500 of band to GB but only FIVE band to sleeve and I didn't think that could be right.

Dr provost did my second band (wish I never got it) and I was considering the sleeve but want to pick the best doctor since revision is more complicated. I'm interested in your conversation with him. Thanks for your help.

Ok mixed reviews on Dr. Nicholson it seems some love him and then someone commented that they felt they got the run around and then someone said "they could do dr.Nicholson" hahahaha

So I was wondering if I could get a little more feed back on him. You guys by the way are so great! I love that I can talk these decisions out with people that are in the same boat as me! Thank you all for taking the time to give me your opinions!

Ok mixed reviews on Dr. Nicholson it seems some love him and then someone commented that they felt they got the run around and then someone said "they could do dr.Nicholson" hahahaha

So I was wondering if I could get a little more feed back on him. You guys by the way are so great! I love that I can talk these decisions out with people that are in the same boat as me! Thank you all for taking the time to give me your opinions!

My issue with Dr Nicholson was all he had to do to approve my surgery was call insurance. I called my insurance company and they told me they had been waiting a month to have a peer to peer review with the doctor. That made me feel that if he couldn't pick up the phone to call my insurance company, then how am I sure that I would get good care from him after he takes my money. They also told me there might be a small charge for the consult to talk to him, they billed me 2 months later for 250 dollars. That's a bit much for 25 minutes. I switched doctors and am absolutely happy with the switch.

Wow 250 to talk to a patient for 25 min... And you are brining him a 30,000 dollar surgery! I take it insurance did not cover the consult?

That is good to know thank you!

No they didn't cover the consult. I am just happy they will be covering the surgery!

I had.some.issues.come out.after.some.tests. I didn't know.what was.wrong.with me. No.one would talk to me.about.it..only.with.a.30 day followup appointment. I had to.call other doctors to get peace of mind

Well all have you have convinced me maybe Nicholson is not the doctor for me since more than one person both felt like they were just a number. And charging 250 for a consult to me is ridiculous.

I know that Dr. provost is very good I just wanted him to have done more band to sleeve revisions. And he is hour and half drive from my house

I also like Dr Cribbins too

I will look into the other suggestions people gave too.

I've heard good things about Dr. Kim. You might want to look into him also.

Debra - you said you were using Dr.Provost in Denton... When you spoke to him did he try to convince you to do the gastric bypass before the sleeve? His PA told me he prefers the GB and I will NOT do that. Also, did you happen to asked him how many BAND to sleeve revisions he has done? She told me he has done 500 of band to GB but only FIVE band to sleeve and I didn't think that could be right.

Dr provost did my second band (wish I never got it) and I was considering the sleeve but want to pick the best doctor since revision is more complicated. I'm interested in your conversation with him. Thanks for your help.

No dr provost did not convince me to use the sleeve. That was my decision. The staff now is another story. The dietician I had an appointment with is either fired or quit and they basically told me to find my own dietician. Yes I am pissed. Good luck to you.

Ohhh Debra that's terrible!!!

Have you already had the revision? Band to sleeve and where you happy with Dr.provost as a surgeon? It's sad when you have a good doc an the staff sucks. At least with the sleeve there isn't much follow up unlike the band. I'm glad he didn't try to convince you to so to the GB. Do you happen to know how many band to sleeve revisions he has done and did he do it in one surgery for you?

I'm sorry you are having trouble with staff maybe you should ask Dr.P who HE would like to refer too since his staff doesn't have an answer for you. :)