Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve in TEXAS? Doc referrals DfW area or Denton?

Has anyone had band to sleeve revision done in Texas. I wanted to get opinions on some doctors.

Dr. Provost or Dr. Cribbins

Those are the two I am considering but open to others - can get personal opinions from people that have had this done in the Plano, Dallas or Denton area.

Thank you

When I lived in Plano I went to Dr Cribben's talk about lap band. My insurance wouldnt pay for him, only Dr Gonzales. I feel like I had good care and the procedure was one at Medical Center, Dallas.

I have since done a revision to a sleeve with Dr A Ortiz in TJ. I also felt I had excellent care.

I used Dr. Kim and I am pleased. He took out all saline from my band prior to my conversion and did everything in one surgery.

I had the sleeve but a very good friend had the revision by Dr. Frenzel....

Both are VERY qualified surgeons. I had mine done in plano by Cribbins Partner. My husband had his bypass by provost-- spouse not compliant- has less to do with surgeon than pt.

My sister had a TON of issues with her band and Dr. Cribbins did her revision. He did a great job and she loves him!

Thank you for the info on Cribbins and provost!

Provost revised my band after another doctor screwed it up but I am still not successfully on it and I hate the band wish I never did it.

When Cribbins did your sisters revision do you know if he did it in one surgery or two?

Cribbins is so much closer but since it is revision I want the best. I don't know how many band to sleeve revisions he has done but dr provost perfers GB to the sleeve for revisions and he has done 5000 GB, 3000 Bands, 500 Sleeves and about 1000 revision band to GB... However he has only done 4-5 band to sleeve. Given all of his experience do you guys think that I hour let him to sleeve I refuse GB

He did a band to new band revision in one surgery NYE of 2009(I believe??) and then a summer 2011 did a 1 surgery band to sleeve :)

Ashelaine, that sounds like she could be my clone! I had band then I had to have band to band revision and now I am considering band to sleeve. Did she have complications with it being in one surgery and is she glad she did it? I getting mixed reviews LOL

Almost all say they would do the sleeve again but some say you still have the in your throat feeling instead of feeling full... And today I met someone that suffered from dumping syndrome with the sleeve!!

She's great honestly :). Doing awesome- rocking size 8's :). My cousin is considering doing the same thing now- she lost (then got super sick from band complications) then gained a lot back- she's considering gaining the extra 7lbs to have the sleeve covered under her insurance!

Has anyone had band to sleeve revision done in Texas. I wanted to get opinions on some doctors.

Those are the two I am considering but open to others - can get personal opinions from people that have had this done in the Plano' date=' Dallas or Denton area.

Thank you[/quote']

I am using Dr. Provost in Denton. Going thru the insurance and doctor approvals now. Hopefully will be January/February 2015. Any suggestions I can be doing ow to get prepared for his?

I am using Dr. Provost in Denton. Going thru the insurance and doctor approvals now. Hopefully will be January/February 2015. Any suggestions I can be doing ow to get prepared for his?

January/February 2014.

Those are the two I am considering but open to others - can get personal opinions from people that have had this done in the Plano, Dallas or Denton area.

Thank you

I used Dr. Nick Nicholson in Plano. He has done a lot of revisions. I don't know how many total though from band to sleeve. He did not do my band. I wanted a new surgeon for my revision. I researched him and went to his free seminar. Then due to crappy insurance I worked for 3 years to get approved. I got new insurance this year and within 2 months jumping through insurance hoops, I was revised. Also his staff was great too.

Who ever you choose, my only advice is to find a doctor you trust. There were some red flags with my lap band doc but they didn't rear their ugly heads until after surgery. If I had listened to my instincts, I would not have gone with that lap band doc. I was 100% satisfied with Dr. Nick.

I would suggest Dr. James A. Davidson, he is awesome, I also consulted with Dr.Nick and he seemed great as well! I know Dr. Davidson has referred his family members to Dr. Nickolson as they don't like operate on family members. I chose Davidson because he was 1500.00 cheaper and I was self pay and a good friend of mine used him with great success!