Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new and have a question

Hi,

Im new here and have a question. Im thinking about having surgery and have been doing research on the internet. I came across this site: lap band surgery warning that scared me very much. Can the lap band really be left in and that dangerous? I never heard of something like this before. What are the chances that it could happen to me? It doesnt say thee doctors name so how do I know who to aviod?

Lisa, I read this article. This would be something that may happen 1 in a million chance. This doctor obviously didn't know what he was doing or didn't realize she wanted removal. I would take didn't know what he was doing. Just do your homework on a good surgeon. Make sure they have done hundreds of lapbands. I have a great Doctor in San Jose, CA. His name is Robert McKeen. Where do you live? I wouldn't take this article too much to heart. This would be a really rare occurance, one that probably wouldn't happen again given more time. I would move foward. I love my lapband very much. I can't live without it now. Good luck.

I am so sorry to see this happen to anyone but don't tell me this isn't bulimic and why did any other doctors not know she had a lapband. Don't you know x-rays show the band. I don't know what motive is behind this picture but this absolutely did not happen just because she had the lapband.I would almost bet you my life on it.

The girl apparently did not 'die from a lapband' as the man states in his title....she died from malpractice.

I have to agree with everyone else. Too many people ignored the problem she was having. I wish that instead of saying the lap band killed his wife that man was going after the doctor that killed her through negligence.

That is a horrible, horrible story, and I can totally understand why it would make you nervous. The band is *normally* left in place after surgery, but sometimes it is loosened up after a person reaches goal. It just requires keeping an eye on it is all.

Dear Lisa, this website is somebodies idea of a bad joke. The women in these pictures are of different women and some are even photoshopped. I cant believe that someone actually took the time to put this together. Its really sad and I hope you dont believe one sentence of it. I wish this person could be reported to someone, but we live in a free world, where poeple have the freedom to choose poorly. Give this website no credence. Im glad you are doing your research. You can tell this phony is a phoney because he didnt post any names, or places, things that would lend credence to him.

Thanks for all your kind replies. I have always been afriad of doctors thats why im being so careful. Maybe the poor lady was from another country, it doesnt say anything about America.

I think im going to check out Robert McKeen from Texas. Im from Arizona so its not to far. I keep seeing his name being mention so that good.

This is a great site here and im learning a lot from the posts.

Thanks

Lisa

I agree that there's no way this could be the same woman in some of these pictures. The thing that got me is that he says "maybe I'm looking to sell her story." A grieving husband, whose wife has been dead for a week, making a statement like that? Give me a break! My husband wouldn't be able to get out of bed, muchless create a web site like that!

I too think this is a crock. Maybe someone who couldnt get approved or some sort of religion freak. Think of the gruemsome pictures that the anti-abortion folks find to put on their signs. What kind of respect is it to show naked pictures of your dead wife all over the internet? Some of those pictures are definatly altered and what kind of husband would let their wife get that way without dragging her arse to the emergency room, etc........I wouldnt base your decision to get banded on this documention because it is a crock.

Oh, I forgot to mention. When she decided to get that janitor job at the bar, did they tell her she had to clean DURING club hours and everyone had to watch? Did they also mention that her work uniform would include a full length skirt? Did her husband feel the need to go to work with her and take pictures of her working?

I think Im going to use this as my argumentive research paper I have due for school. I will post it when Im done.

I looked at this site and was thinkin "no way this is real". I am sorry if anyone gets mad at me for writing this, but it was so pathetic. I laughed from the minute I looked at it. It is very fake. I am so glad you guys noticed. The las pic I have seen the women at a front view. It is not that women. Ok, sorry I am just annoyed that someone would make fun of death. I think this would be great in a research paper and good point on the bar job kjangraw.

I read somewhere else on here that it was a scam site. I am unable to find the post thread however, I lost it. Im sickened that someone would be so cruel. I was stupid to think that could have been real. I think the other thread somebody said they had his email. Im going to write to him. If some one finds that thread can they tell me please.

Lisa Montanoial-you need to go to "This website is fake" by Josette, Kleigh830 did what appears to be extensive research and found the websites these fake pictures came from. One is an advertisement for glasses and the picture of the woman who is bone thin is from an article about anorexia. Good job Kleigh830 makes the originator look like a real idiot!!! There is no way any doctor would ever tell someone who looks that thin to wait for the stomach to adjust. It's your decision whether or not to have the surgery but don't judge the band by BS reports.

Hi,

Im new here and have a question. Im thinking about having surgery and have been doing research on the internet. I came across this site: lap band surgery warning that scared me very much. Can the lap band really be left in and that dangerous? I never heard of something like this before. What are the chances that it could happen to me? It doesnt say thee doctors name so how do I know who to aviod?

This website is FAKE FAKE FAKE!

The pictures aren't even of the same woman. the Wonder woman picture is a man in drag. I have no idea why someone would go the trouble of putting this together but it's FAKE.

T:eek: