Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excuse me....has anyone seen my butt?

I was sleeved February 25th, 2013 and have lost 56 pounds! Only 6 pounds to goal! However; someone has kidnapped my butt :ph34r: ! I used to have a ba-donk-a-donk but yesterday while trying on clothes at the mall I caught a glimpse in the 3-way mirror and it looks like I'm carrying around a flat tire back there!

Are there any toning exercises that can be done to re-inflate that area? Any help would be appreciated.

I have always been instructed to do squat and lunge exercises to lift the ol derrière ;). Prob a google search will yield more options as well.

Bring back the bustle!

post-20464-13813668253555_thumb.jpg

You might consider exercises like 1 or 2 legged hip extensions. Sit on the ground in a L shape with back straight, legs straight. Lift one leg off the ground and push up off with the other foot until your hips are parallel with the ground. Pause for a few seconds and come back down to l shape. you are supporting your weight with your hands planted on the ground with fingers facing toes. when you come back down, stop about 1/2 an inch above the ground and repeat.

I think any pushup or plank variations would help. Keep your core very strong and stable during these exercises with your butt tight. For pushups, try to go slow up and down, pausing at top and bottom to hold tight for a few seconds. Again, pause 1/2 an inch off the ground and hold your cheeks tight. Any exercise that has you thrusting your hips upward and squeezing the cheeks or and core exercise will strengthen the butt. You definitely want to feel the burn in your entire core as you do these.

Air squats or sumo air squats are excellent for strengthening your upper thighs and behind. For a challenge, you might try star jumpers. These are like sumo squats, but when you come up you want to get air and stretch out your arms and legs like a start before landing again in the sumo position with back straight and butt out. This is a definite butt strengthener and will give your whole core a workout. Try and do sets of 8 or timed set of 20 seconds with 10 seconds between each set. Lower back into sumo squat position , arms in from touching the ground before repeating. These also give you a good cardio workout in addition to strengthening legs and core.

I was flipping through the Pinterest fitness forum over the weekend (1st time) and noticed a number of workouts people posted on creating dream behinds. You might want to look there.

I also heard Jillian Michaels has one or more DVDs just for targeting butt and core if you like her type of training style.

I wish I could send you some of mine! That will probably be the last thing to lose weight on me.LOL

Squats squats swats... lunges lunges lunges.. Step aerobics.... more squats.. more lunges... and then when the squats and lunges start feeling almost bearable.. start doing them with weights! I've lost a lot of my butt too... but the little bit of but I have left is getting a much better shape.sml_gallery_44941_3646_1317.jpgsml_gallery_44941_5501_7601.jpg

Ha! If you ever get "too good" at squats and lunges you are doing a-ok in my book. :) I love both exercise now where I could never do them preop.

In addition to adding weights, also try adding jumping into the movements, getting air. For squats, explosively jump from lower sumo squat position, getting air, before landing and lowering into lower sumo squat position. For lunges, explosively push up from bottom lunge position and jump into the air before landing on opposite foot positions. I believe this is like adding weight because as you accelerate off the ground, you are engaging a lot of muscles and increasing your effective weight by resisting the pull of gravity. You can make it continually harder by increasing the explosiveness or the amount of vertical air you get ( both requires greater force which requires your muscles to contract more).

Yes i have. Its behind me.

Give it back!!!!!