Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last 48 hours pre op diet

Well Monday July 29th, is my surgery date scheduled for 0800 hours, and I'm still trucking a long with my pre op diet. I can say that I have almost lost approximately 30 lbs, and I still have about a day and half to go. This has truly been hard. My surgeon doesn't allow Protein Shakes for the last 2 days and I have been drinking the clear ISO PURE Protein and there is a big difference. With the Protein shakes I didn't really feel weak, but with the straight clear protein my blood is so cold and I'm freezing no matter what I do it seems. I'm trying to figure out should I just try and sleep all day and night on Sunday, or just sit up all night, awww, I haven't felt this crazy since I took a state exam 5 years ago. Everything seems to be going good but I have been an ass to deal with . Oh well I didn't give up and I'm still committed to my new life and I'm looking forward to being healthier.

I keep watching the clock and patiently waiting ..... If your having surgery Monday hang in there I'm be right there with you. Only 4 more weeks to real food, lol ): :...........

God bless.

Sounds fun :) not really. I have lost 11lbs on my pre op. I just have to stop drinking by midnight tomorrow!

I too haven't been very pleasant to deal with and I have found I am cold more than before...

I hope everything turns out amazing for you and you have a quick recovery!!!

Good luck!!

I'm on day 10 of a 14 day liquid diet, and my Surgery is Thursday. I'm going to do Clear Liquids Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I've heard the Isopure is horrible. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I bought a case of assorted flavors so hopefully I'll be able to tolerate them. I've been using mostly the EAS Advantedge RTD's and they're great... especially the Café Caramel. Actually my Dr. only instructed me to do a week of liquids and did not require a bowel prep or clear liquids, but I'm doing both to prevent any problems. I'm a Nurse, and it just seemed like a good idea. I also ordered the Unjury unflavored and the chicken Soup, so I do have some options. I think the last 3 days will be the toughest, but I want a great outcome and a smooth recovery. I'll be on clear liquids for a week post-op, so I might as well have an idea of what it will be like. Full liquids were easy pre-op... I just hope they will post op as well. I wasn't at all nervous until tonight. I think it's finally hitting me. I'm 61 years old and going to Mexico for my very first major surgery. YIKES

Fred1977, You are cold because of the rapid weight loss. I was freezing all the time the first 4 months when the weight was falling off the fastest. Now that things are way slow I am not cold anymore.

Hang in there. We all get a wee bit crazy at this time! Some, like me, age generally crazy...

Thank you , yes I believe you are right I have lost another 2 lb, and my total weight loss is down 31 lbs just in 2 weeks this pre op diet has made me feel like an ice berg after I stop moving around.

I'm on day 10 of a 14 day liquid diet, and my Surgery is Thursday. I'm going to do clear liquids Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I've heard the Isopure is horrible. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I bought a case of assorted flavors so hopefully I'll be able to tolerate them. I've been using mostly the EAS Advantedge RTD's and they're great... especially the Café Caramel. Actually my Dr. only instructed me to do a week of liquids and did not require a bowel prep or clear liquids, but I'm doing both to prevent any problems. I'm a Nurse, and it just seemed like a good idea. I also ordered the Unjury unflavored and the chicken Soup, so I do have some options. I think the last 3 days will be the toughest, but I want a great outcome and a smooth recovery. I'll be on clear liquids for a week post-op, so I might as well have an idea of what it will be like. Full liquids were easy pre-op... I just hope they will post op as well. I wasn't at all nervous until tonight. I think it's finally hitting me. I'm 61 years old and going to Mexico for my very first major surgery. YIKES

Hi Amy , the Iso Pure is not to bad at this point when you are on a liquid diet almost anything is more than tolerable. The Iso Pure is a great health product and you will deafintley have some bowel movement with this product. The Iso pure dos slow down the hunger but its a huge mental thing. I can't believe that I went to bed and did not wake up starving to death. I'm almost afraid to see what will happen now that I will be working myself back up to food. I can only imagine how you feel going to Mexico, just hang in there.

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow! I'm sure it will go great - you've done that prep work that is the first big challenge.

This has not been easy at all, but I have noticed I'm breathing a lot better. Today I'm very nauseated,and bunch of stomach cramps but the journey of the pre op is over and in the morn my new life begins. Nervous but ready .

This has not been easy at all' date=' but I have noticed I'm breathing a lot better. Today I'm very nauseated,and bunch of stomach cramps but the journey of the pre op is over and in the morn my new life begins. Nervous but ready .[/quote']

Fred, I love your optimism! Good luck tomorrow!!! ;)

Fred, I love your optimism! Good luck tomorrow!!! ;)

Thank you I'm up and 3 hours till I have to get ready to leave and I have so much anxiety and nervous. I'm excited but I'm so anxious.

I barely slept!!! If I did at all. Maybe 3 hours. I have a super bad headache but I am so ready for this. Just shaking a little. I have an anxiety disorder to start this could be interesting :) good luck all!!!