Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's going okay I had a bump in the road but I have moved past it. I don't like broth so I miss salty. I will probably not eat Jello again after this is all done!

Yes I think it's something we had to get ourselves use to change when it comes to food. LoL! I agree. I've been making crystal light slushy.

My New Journey 2013. SD 7-30-13

I'm feeling really good. I've had a very smooth recovery. I haven't had any nausea and have pretty good energy. I had no problem scheduling my procedure and got my preferred date. By 1 week out' date=' when I was able to drive, I felt like had my life back.[/quote']

That good. Not bad 1 week. I'm glad your recovery went smooth. Question after your procedure is done do the wrap your stomach up or put something around to keep it still?

University General Hospital.

I would really appreciate some feedback on UGH after your procedure! This is where I'm going and I can't hardly find any information or photos or anything. I've had one person tell me it was really nice and another tell me it was awful. Eye of the beholder I guess!

I would really appreciate some feedback on UGH after your procedure! This is where I'm going and I can't hardly find any information or photos or anything. I've had one person tell me it was really nice and another tell me it was awful. Eye of the beholder I guess!

I went yesterday for preop and it was nice. Free valet for patients. But everyone that I spoke to and worked with was extra nice. The rooms looked nice. If you look at reviews for every hospital there are great reviews and then there are reviews where people wouldn't go to that hospital if they were dying, one extreme to the other.

I went yesterday for preop and it was nice. Free valet for patients. But everyone that I spoke to and worked with was extra nice. The rooms looked nice. If you look at reviews for every hospital there are great reviews and then there are reviews where people wouldn't go to that hospital if they were dying' date=' one extreme to the other.[/quote']

Glad to hear!

I'm having surgery with Dr. Yu on August 6th. Excited and nervous! My surgery will be at Victory.

Haha. This little thread has turned into a TLC topic... Good to find so many others using the same practice as I am!

Wow I'm glad that there are so many people that are in the Houston area, and yes u r right it is now a tlc convo! Lol I'm glad about that though because I want all if ur feed back on the hospitals an dr yu an dr Scarborough. I scheduled appointment with dr yu but like I said before I'm do new to this an just getting started on my journey!

Wow I'm glad that there are so many people that are in the Houston area' date=' and yes u r right it is now a tlc convo! Lol I'm glad about that though because I want all if ur feed back on the hospitals an dr yu an dr Scarborough. I scheduled appointment with dr yu but like I said before I'm do new to this an just getting started on my journey![/quote']

Hello,

Congratz on starting on your new journey. The hospital I'm getting surgery at is victory hospital. After my surgery I can give you more details on that hospital.

Dr. Yu performed my surgery on 7/9. He is a fantastic surgeon and is very thorough and commuted to helping you reach your goals. The insurance adjuster was fabulous. I had previously been denied and she wrote a letter to my insurance company and kept calling them to follow up and they eventually approved the surgery.

Dr. Yu performed my surgery on 7/9. He is a fantastic surgeon and is very thorough and commuted to helping you reach your goals. The insurance adjuster was fabulous. I had previously been denied and she wrote a letter to my insurance company and kept calling them to follow up and they eventually approved the surgery.

Hello,

How are you doing? How is your recovery?

The first two days were pretty hard but mainly because of the nausea. I went back to work 6 days after surgery and was a little tired and exhausted but was able to get through the day. Each day gets much easier. Now I occasionally forget I had the surgery because I feel fine and I accidentally pick up my almost 2 year old.

The first two days were pretty hard but mainly because of the nausea. I went back to work 6 days after surgery and was a little tired and exhausted but was able to get through the day. Each day gets much easier. Now I occasionally forget I had the surgery because I feel fine and I accidentally pick up my almost 2 year old.

Ok. Really 6 days. Where you ready to go back?

That's good to feel back to normal in such a short amout of time.

Does the doctor put a belly wrap over your stomach after surgery?

I probably should have taken a couple of extra days off but it really wasn't too bad. It was just physically draining.

No they don't give you an abdominal binder. I did buy one and wore it the first 2 weeks. I did not wear it all of the time but it helped when I started hurting a little and helped me sit and stand straight. Too much bending hurt.

I probably should have taken a couple of extra days off but it really wasn't too bad. It was just physically draining.

No they don't give you an abdominal binder. I did buy one and wore it the first 2 weeks. I did not wear it all of the time but it helped when I started hurting a little and helped me sit and stand straight. Too much bending hurt.

Makes since.

I was wounding about that. Good to know. Thank you! Take care.