Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 25th. Just started regular liquids today.

Is anyone else having a hard time telling the difference between gas and feeling hungry?

Stick with the amount of food that you were told to eat and eat in a quiet place with not distractions. Eat slowly and if you even feel full stop. Wait for awhile and if you want eat a little more. Are you using small utinsles? I got me some tasting spoons and shrimp forks, they do a great job. Find some at a restraunt supply near you.

I was sleeved on July 17. Still on full liquids until Wednesday. Then 2 weeks puréed, 2 weeks soft, and then on to regular. I feel full all the time.

I was sleeved on July 17. Still on full liquids until Wednesday. Then 2 weeks puréed' date=' 2 weeks soft, and then on to regular. I feel full all the time.[/quote']

I can't wait to get off of clear. I have my cream Soups lined up and need to get my yogurts ready lol.

I am definitely feeling extremely emotional as well. I get very upset & cranky with everyone. It started yesterday whicch marked my one week since my surgery. I thought maybe I was going crazy :( it was my daughters 18th birthday & everyone went out to eat & I just felt so left out all because I had the surgery does not mean that I dont exist any more :( I could have went & took my protien shake with me but noone bothered to even ask. I think that is what hurt the most. :'(

That is so sad. I am sorry they did this maybe they were trying not to hurt your feelings when you could not eat? You might want to let them know that next time they can invite you. I sat through my mom's 80th birthday dinner...had the ricotta inside the eggplant and broth. 11 days post op.

That is so sad. I am sorry they did this maybe they were trying not to hurt your feelings when you could not eat? You might want to let them know that next time they can invite you. I sat through my mom's 80th birthday dinner...had the ricotta inside the eggplant and broth. 11 days post op.

Thank you, I don't think they intentionly tried to hurt me either however my sister had been up visiting feom texas when I had my surgery with my nieces & nephews & everyone went out for Breakfast the day b4 she left which was on tuesday 2 days b4 my daughters birthday & I was asked to go & I did go & had my protien shake so I don't understand why I was left out the next time they went out. My daughter had asked while out at Breakfast if we were going to take her out for hwr birthday & I had told her I believed that her graduation/birthday party plus her gifts which came to over $2, 000 for the party & all was more than enough & that we would not be doing anything else. Well she went behind my back & re-asked everyone but me & they left me out. I was only asked again after I had a melt down & got into an argument with everyone. Maybe I was the one in the wrong I dont know.

Thank you, I don't think they intentionly tried to hurt me either however my sister had been up visiting feom texas when I had my surgery with my nieces & nephews & everyone went out for Breakfast the day b4 she left which was on tuesday 2 days b4 my daughters birthday & I was asked to go & I did go & had my protien shake so I don't understand why I was left out the next time they went out. My daughter had asked while out at breakfast if we were going to take her out for hwr birthday & I had told her I believed that her graduation/birthday party plus her gifts which came to over $2, 000 for the party & all was more than enough & that we would not be doing anything else. Well she went behind my back & re-asked everyone but me & they left me out. I was only asked again after I had a melt down & got into an argument with everyone. Maybe I was the one in the wrong I dont know.

Everyone please remember that this is a life changing proceedure for all of us. Some family members are going to accept your decision some may not. Regardless of your family dynamic you got sleeved and you can't go back. Think about the reason why you did this in the first place, think about the fact that food was what got you here in the first place. Accept that you will never be able to eat like you did again and accept that other members of your family can. Include yourself in your families doings and eat what you can even if you have to take a Protein Shake. Enjoy the fact that you are with your love ones and move on with your life. They will get used to it and you won't feel hurt after they realize what you life decision is. Good luck, enjoy your Protein. I do.

I had my surgery July 24, 2013.... I still have a lot of gas pains and trouble drinking the shakes. Loved the shakes before surgery but now every time i smell it i heave...tried other shakes and same issue. Not getting nearly enough Protein. My Vitamins and Calcium make me gag now too. Getting very frustrated.

I had my surgery July 24' date=' 2013.... I still have a lot of gas pains and trouble drinking the shakes. Loved the shakes before surgery but now every time i smell it i heave...tried other shakes and same issue. Not getting nearly enough Protein. My Vitamins and Calcium make me gag now too. Getting very frustrated.[/quote']

Sleeved 7/23 down 15 lbs. I'm on liquids for 2 weeks. Does anyone else have pressure under breast bone? When getting outta bed it felt like something ripped. Yikes

I was sleeved on July 17th..stayed in the hospital 4 days and have been doing well ever since. Meeting my goals for liquids has been difficult but I'm getting my Protein in. I'm taking Protein Shots (drinkable) which have 45g of protein mixed in whatever I'm drinking and sipping away. Also sprinkling Protein Powder on EVERYTHING, Jello, yogurt, cottage cheese, everything. I'm on liquids for another week, honestly dying to chew food, but staying strong... Down 24lbs since surgery 12 days ago...loving my sleeve ????

Yes! I have that pressure too! I can't tell if its still gas? Or I'm hungry? Having a very hard time getting my Water and Protein in. Can't wait to start puréed food Thursday. I'm so tired of broth and shakes. Down about 10 lbs since surgery on 7/24.

Ugh i had my surgery on July 24 and i can't start those foods until 2 weeks out of the hospital... Looking at Aug 10th.

I can't wait till I'm complaining about the next day i can have puréed my journey is just beginning surgery Thursday and scared!!!

Nothing to be scared of. I was too. But before you know it you'll be on the other side of the fence. Good luck!