Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days out. I have thrush in my mouth and throat. I'm also having terrible diarrhea. I started meds for it tonight. I am really sore, but I went out and about yesterday and today. My liquids are coming along. I got in about 35 to 40 ounces today. I was able to get in about 30 grams of Protein. That's significantly better than yesterday. I figure as long as I'm improving I will get to the Fluid and protein goals soon. It's just a lot harder than I thought it would be to get anything down. A tablespoon of cottage cheese took 30 to 50 minutes. More than one tiny sip of liquid and I can feel it backing up. I'm just thrilled to be on the other side:). I'm not hungry, which I find so surprising. I hope it lasts.

Was sleeved 7/17.

Pain in the hospital was gas and started right on gas-x strips. Pain on turning over. Got more pillows to prop me sideways. Found it easier to have one hand on my abdomen holding it while using my other hand to help lever me back up. Best way to turn is how you are taught if you have a back injury, let your legs do all of the work. You'll feel and look like a slug rolling to side, swing legs over and roll and push yourself upright. Wallowing in about a dozen pillows also helps lot!

On pureed foods. Trying to meet Protein and Fluid goal set by consulting NUT.

Was told to NEVER eat more than 6 oz (by volume) at a meal for life!

So I'm measuring everything and not giving myself more than 1/4 cup, slowly eating that to the beat of a 30 minute timer. If I do not feel full, I measure another 2 oz by volume and take a bite at a time. Unfortunately I have taken that one bite too much and did have to vomit.

Also NUT told me a warm drink right before I eat is FINE as it warms the stomach and esophagus preventing spasms and helps with GERD. Still have to wait for 30 minutes after I eat for any other liquid.

Used to love ice cold drinks but found it caused pain. Now drinking room temp liquids or Decaf hot tea or broth.

Start walking, burping or of course farting, it will eventually go away.

I had terrible gas the day of and after surgery. It was right under my sternum and in my left chest area. It hurt so bad that it was preventing me from drinking the required cups of Water that my doctor wanted me to drink in order to get out of the hospital. After a couple of hours of big time pain I asked the nurse if they had any hot tea? She did and quickly brought me some. As I drank the warm beverage, I started burping every time I drank. Soom I was belching quite nicely. Everytime I burped the pain got better and I also pressed on my sternum and it seemed to move the gas to the left chest. After a day of burping and drinking hot tea I was pretty much gas free. I still have a little in there but today is Sunday and I think I am ready to do the walking. Wish me luck.

Any other newbies on this journey out there?? Had my sleeve on Tuesday' date=' 7/16; so I'm 9 days out. Day 3 has been the worst so far. Think I possibly have temporary (I hope) lactose-intolerance as I'm struggling with some bowel issues; but beyond that, I feel very good. Not being hungry all the time is wonderful. Still hard to get in the habit of not drinking for 30 min. before; during; and 30 min. after eating. How is everyone else making out?[/quote']

I had my sleeve done 7/12. Still on a liquid diet for another 2 weeks. Seems I am a slow looser lost only 15 pounds so far....

I was sleeved on 7/5 - so just a day over 3 wks now. I was put on pureed food while in the hospital and I am still on it until next week. I have been eating sugar-free applesauce with vanilla Protein, I usually have a hot Cereal in the morning or a poached egg which I put in my baby food blender. tuna and canned chicken have also set well with my tummy. I also had some refried Beans with smashed avocado with a tiny splash of taco sauce one night. It set OK with me. But, that is about as exciting as I have gotten so far. I made egg salad one time and didn't puree it. That was not such a good idea - I was sick feeling the rest of the day. Another bad day was when I made instant oatmeal and bought the low sugar flavored one. Well, it was not low sugar enough - got nauseated after a few bites. I have had diarrhea ever since my surgery. Yesterday was the first time that I went all day without it. But, I also didn't have any bowel movement. So, now I am hoping I won't go the opposite way. My pain has been getting better until today. I am having sharp pains around my incision that was used to get my stomach out of - not sure what the reason for that is??

If you are experiencing pain and taking pain meds, you must take a stool softner like colace perferably with a laxative so when you do have a BM it won't hurt you. I have not had any of your symtoms but I have only had one BM in 4 days and it was a doozey. I have been taking colace everytime I take a dose of liquid lortab to help prevent any "stoppages". Don't worry just think of what your system has gone through in the the last few weeks. I know that it will improve. Good luck to you.

I had mine done in the 24 as well am really sore but getting better.

I've lost a little over 5 pounds in three days and I feel fantastic. I'm not really hungry but when I fix myself something (i'm on a liquid diet for 3 weeks)it tastes good and satifies me. I can't be happier with my surgical outcome. Now if I can just get my big fat belly to quit pulling on my incisions I will be totally pain free. I only have pain when I stand up but my belly is already notcibly smaller so I am definetely on the road to a successful recovery.

You look great..... I was worried because I am going in my 3 week and have only dropped 21 lbs but your photo helped me not be worried. Keep up the great work

Sleeved July 11th . Feeling headaches cause haven't met my Fluid goal . Struggling with temptations. This morning I got up n started couch to 5 k. My doc said only egg or cottage cheese this week but. I strayed..

Sleeved July 11th . Feeling headaches cause haven't met my Fluid goal . Struggling with temptations. This morning I got up n started couch to 5 k. My doc said only egg or cottage cheese this week but. I strayed..

I too and having struggles with temptations.

Start walking' date=' burping or of course farting, it will eventually go away.[/quote']

I agree. I also use a heating pad to release the discomfort. But walking helps the move or moving period.

Day 2 post-op and today is much, much better. Yesterday was pure hell. Hopefully, everyday gets a little easier. They are keeping me an additional night due to not getting enough fluids in the last 2 days.

Day 2 post-op and today is much' date=' much better. Yesterday was pure hell. Hopefully, everyday gets a little easier. They are keeping me an additional night due to not getting enough fluids in the last 2 days.[/quote']

Hope things continue to go well for you.

Day 2 post-op and today is much' date=' much better. Yesterday was pure hell. Hopefully, everyday gets a little easier. They are keeping me an additional night due to not getting enough fluids in the last 2 days.[/quote']

Why would u say its pure hell??? I'm having my sleeve Thursday and so scared!!!

Why would u say its pure hell??? I'm having my sleeve Thursday and so scared!!!

I had my surgery Monday (7/22), all went well.

Some do experience different affects from med, gas etc. Don't panic this surgery is not a one size fits all.