Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why would u say its pure hell??? I'm having my sleeve Thursday and so scared!!!

Everyone has a day from hell after surgery! Well most people. Don't be nervous it comes and goes fast an before you know it your feeling normal again. Day 2 was my hell day just really sore and nauseous they give you good anti nausea meds but it was the morphine making me sick. As soon as they took me off of that I wasn't feeling sick anymore! You'll be fine just be prepared!

Everyone has a day from hell after surgery! Well most people. Don't be nervous it comes and goes fast an before you know it your feeling normal again. Day 2 was my hell day just really sore and nauseous they give you good anti nausea meds but it was the morphine making me sick. As soon as they took me off of that I wasn't feeling sick anymore! You'll be fine just be prepared!

I'm with you there, the morphine was a beast!

I was sleeved on the 25th. Just started regular liquids today.

Is anyone else having a hard time telling the difference between gas and feeling hungry?

Sleeved on the 23rd the 3rd and into the 4th day were the worst for me I couldn't keep anything down even Water. Dry heaving was almost more painful than labor. I put a call into the doc and she hooked me up with a second anti-nausea medication which dissolves under your tongue. It has made all the difference. I feel so much better now. I still have some pains but if I keep up the Meds and take them as scheduled it has made a big difference. I have been unable to drink or eat more than I should but it is getting better. And after reading this forum it seems it will continue to get better. Reading these posts have been a great help! Take care all!

Age - 27

Height - 6'2"

SW: 465

Surgery Date *7.1.13* weight: 430

CW: 392.

Why would u say its pure hell??? I'm having my sleeve Thursday and so scared!!!

I had a lot of nausea and pain and the meds weren't helping. Today was so much better and I am sure tomorrow will be better than today. There was a woman across from me who had the sleeve the same day as me and didn't experience any problems. Everybody reacts differently to surgery. Good luck with yours.

Yes! I can't tell if its hunger pains or if I'd "eaten" to much, or gas. It's driving me insane because I feel like I'm not meeting my intake goals. I'm hoping this will get better.

I had my surgery on 7/16. I'm hungry! I just want a little treat. It's a little hard watching my family eat all the foods I love. I've got to find a way to keep my mind off eating.

Sleeve done July 8 , not, getting my 64oz Water down not IM I getting all my Protein in yet , I'm more weak then anything ,aleast my pain of gas gone ,I hope things get better soon , becuz IM not knowing how I feel about this sleeve yet if it was right for me ,but maybe it's the first month blues ,haven't even bother to ck the scale yet

I'll have surgery July30th, can anyone give me an idea of the pain I should expect? Preferably from someone who's a wuss about pain like I am.

Hey Rox--was sleeved on 7/23, and I am a super wuss sometimes. The gas pain was something I was NOT expecting to be so bad! The nurses actually said that quite a few of the older folks think they're having heart attacks because the gas hits you in the chest--not the lower belly as it does pre-op. It actually made it very hard for me to breathe---like I couldn't suck in air because of the pain.

They would NOT give me any gas-x for it...they told me all I could have was Milk of Magnesia--said that was gas medicine....well I never had that before....um BEWARE of it....because with the gas (and I had to do a colon cleanse the day before surgery--my doc requires for all) everything was more...liquidy??? So I woke up in the middle of the night with a very unusual feeling and was mortified. The nurses all told me they hate when the doc's tell them to give all the bariatric patients MoM because the same thing happens and they're all embarrassed and upset.

I begged for immodium or pepto, but the doc said that it was a good thing to get EVERYTHING out so they wouldn't give me any meds for it. So I would STRONGLY suggest to have your spouse or friend bring you some serious gas-x for the pain, because the hospital/docs might not.

Honestly, other than that, it was all super easy--walked without ANY problems a few hours after surgery. I'm already down 8 pounds in the past 5 days! (And I'm 43 BMI...)

Any other newbies on this journey out there?? Had my sleeve on Tuesday' date=' 7/16; so I'm 9 days out. Day 3 has been the worst so far. Think I possibly have temporary (I hope) lactose-intolerance as I'm struggling with some bowel issues; but beyond that, I feel very good. Not being hungry all the time is wonderful. Still hard to get in the habit of not drinking for 30 min. before; during; and 30 min. after eating. How is everyone else making out?[/quote']

I had my sleeve on 7/16 too! I have had a great deal of diarrhea since the surgery. Right now, my biggest issue is being hungry in the evening. I'm getting tired of the liquids. I'm ready for some solids!

Natynat, you will be fine. This is no picnic, but they are prepared. The doc will give you good pain medicine and anti nausea drugs. If the ones they are giving you don't work, they will find something that does. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Hello there, I am finally sleeved!! It took place july 25th...I am feeling sore, I stayed 2 days in the hospital, lots of nausia day 1 and 2 which was terrible! Trying to fitt in all my Protein and liquids, tired, not very social...I guess just trying to heal, no regrets at all so far, hopeful that each day will get better and better. I don't have to go back to work for another 4 weeks which is a blessing indeed!! I will coninue to keep up with updates. :)

that's Elaine! I am just so scared! have never had surgery!!! and super scared to experience it!!