Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers @Mi Doctor@TJ...anyone?

Hey all September buddies...i am arriving at Tj Mariott on the 10th of september and having surgery with Dr. Ortiz at mi doctor....anyone else?

Hi!

I was sleeved 7 days ago by Dr. Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital thru A Lighter Me!

Best experience ever! You will be met at the airport by Abraham....who is so fantastic! He is perfect at his job! Super caring...accomodating to whatever you need! He will even take you for "ice cream" when you are released from the hospital....fair warning...eat a very small amount as it goes right thru you. He even took me shopping on Revolution Ave!

At the hospital everyone is AMAZING! Dr. Ortiz and Sanchez are excellent as is the female anesthesiologist! I am severely allergic to almost every antibiotic and they took extra care to ensure the antibiotic I was given was safe and I had no harmful side effects. Sam is one of the nurses...also fantastic! She speaks excellent english and has had the surgery herself in April. Some of the nurses speak no English but could ask "pain" to ensure you had none....I was very fortunate and had no pain...gas or otherwise so I did not use pain meds. Take soap and a washcloth as those were 2 things I wish I had when they let me shower.

Eduardo is the patient co-ordinator and is also fantastic! He comes and visits, calls to check in and goes thru all your meds when you are released from the hospital. There must be a pre-requisite to be super attractive as everyone was beautiful!

Hotel was great...take your bathing suit for a pre surgery swim....it really helped relax me the night before surgery. The hotel popcicles...not so great...but there are very yummy popcicles at the little store in the hotel. The gatorade is only $1 a bottle at the store too which is cheap! You will see lots of people having broth in the restaurant so you will not be alone?

Enjoy your journey! I am so glad I did it! Please say "hi" to Abraham and Eduardo from Shannon from Canada (sleeved july 16)

If you have any other questions please feel free to message me!

Shannon

Hey canadian buddy...im from BC! Did you meet dr.ortiz? Who was your coordinator?

I too am in B.C! I live in Kelowna...where are you?

My co-ordinator was Ronda, but Jenese was in TJ while I was there. Yes, Dr. Ortiz is fantastic...perfect English! He will come talk to you before the surgery then check on you daily while you are at the hospital. Dr. Sanchez will come to the hotel to remove your drain and then the night before you return home, Dr. Ortiz will come to the hospital, go over what you can expect when you get home, answer any questions you have and check your incisions.

Im from port hardy bc..waaaay up on the northern tip of the island...i grew up in victoria bc..waaay on the south end of the island...

Sounds good! Janese is my co-ordinator. Did you go sightseeing in Tj while you were there? Did you have the energy to?

Well i'm new here as well, my first day today, and guess what? i'm from kelowna as well.

im hoping to have my surgery in sept with Dr. Lopez.

Well i'm new here as well' date=' my first day today, and guess what? i'm from kelowna as well.

im hoping to have my surgery in sept with Dr. Lopez.[/quote']

Awesome!! I was supposed to have Dr. Lopez but i was told he would be in cancun when i chose the date...originally it was going to be october...but i switched it to september... the 11th to be exact..

When do you have your surgery? Have you got flights figured out?

Well, i hope to have in August, or Sept, or even Jan 2014. i have been intouch with ALM, got all the info, but just taking my time

Well' date=' i hope to have in August, or Sept, or even Jan 2014. i have been intouch with ALM, got all the info, but just taking my time

[/quote']

You should book surgery for the 11th of september..we can be sleeve buddies! Canadian sleeve buddies on a mission!

I'm having surgery at the Mi hospital on September12th!

I am also having surgery on September 12 at the same hospital by Dr Carlos Diaz

I will have surgery on Sept 12 at Mi hospital by Dr Carlos Diaz I also speak fluent Spanish and I'm a RN would live to have some buddies. My BMI is on the low side but I have diabetes (on insulin) , hypertension and high cholesterol doing this to add years to my life

Gabriela

I am also going through alighterme and have ronda as my coordinator. Awesomely enough, I actually live only about 25 minutes from her so we met up for lunch and i got to ask her all my questions in person. My surgery isn't until October but I'm so excited. . . Like a kid on Christmas!

I will have surgery on Sept 12 at Mi hospital by Dr Carlos Diaz I also speak fluent Spanish and I'm a RN would live to have some buddies. My BMI is on the low side but I have diabetes (on insulin) ' date=' hypertension and high cholesterol doing this to add years to my life

Gabriela[/quote']

What hotel are you staying at? I get into Mexico early on the 11th and just plan on hanging by the pool! My Doctor is Dr. Valenzuela. If your at the Marriott hotel we could meet up?

Hello all!! I am so going to Mi hospital and having my surgery performed by Dr. Oritz. Surgery is on Sept. 15. Very excited and anxious at the same time!