Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks out: How many oz. are you eating?

Well I dont think that anyone has a super tiny sleeve. Based on Drs, they can only use four different sized bougies and I do think if your stomach was only one ounce that would be a problem.

There is still a tremendous amount of swelling associated with your stomach until it is completely healed and that makes it seems like you have a tiny stomach

I'm 4weeks out and when I went to my first week check up my surgeon said my pouch isn't even 2oz. So I'm petrified to even eat alot of anything. I make my own tuna fish with one hard boiled egg mashed up really well with tiny multi grain crackers but can only eat very little. Good luck to everyone

I'm 3 weeks out and can eat 3oz of dense Protein, and 4 oz of soft food like yogurt

I'm 3 weeks out and can eat 3oz of dense Protein, and 4 oz of soft food like yogurt

At one sitting?

At one sitting?

No! Lol. Like last night I had 3 oz of shredded chicken from my crock pot. But for lunch I had 4ish oz of Greek yogurt.

It depends on the food. If it's a soft food I can eat a little under 1/2 cup. If it's a dense food, 1/4 cup is pushing it.

I'm 9 weeks out. I've lost 37 lbs. workout 5 times a week.

Here is a sample of what I eat.

Vitamins

coffee w/creamer and Splenda

Wait 30 minutes

Breakfast

Egg whites

snack

Breaks tone live active cottage cheese

lunch

3 oz chicken w/ veggies

Snack

cheese

dinner

Some type of Protein

Tea somewhere in between along with Water.

After burning my daily calories, I consume about 600-700 calories.

I am 7 weeks post op and I can eat around 4 ounces per meal. It's weird because some days I can eat 4 ounces and other days less or a little more. Go figure! :)

I am 4 weeks out. I do not measure my food. I eat until I feel satisfied and try to stop before I am full. In the morning I can eat a whole hard boiled egg. I wait a half an hour, then have a little Water or crystal light, then I take a shower and have a Protein Shake after while getting ready for the gym. I drink that Protein shake over the course of about half an hour. If I can't finish it then I sip it throughout the day. After the gym I eat some form of protein for lunch. I can eat a single portion container of cottage cheese or yogurt or I can eat 5 or 6 bites of chicken, turkey, or meat chosen. I drink a half an hour later and try to drink as much as I can until dinner. For dinner I am back to a few bites of meat but I try to bite or two of a vegetable with it. After eating meat I find myself needing to rest for a good bit to digest it. The only thing that concerns me is the fear of starving myself when my appetite starts to grow in fear I may gain weight back and also sagging skin.

I doubt you will ever feel like you are starving yourself. I still have to remember to eat because I never feel hungry and when I do eat I feel completely full. I usually drink my Protein Shake first thing in the morning. This slides through pretty quick and it would leave more room for you to eat your egg. Just a suggestion that might make getting the Protein shake in easier.

I'm 9 weeks out. I've lost 37 lbs. workout 5 times a week.

Here is a sample of what I eat.

Vitamins

coffee w/creamer and Splenda

Wait 30 minutes

Breakfast

Egg whites

snack

Breaks tone live active cottage cheese

lunch

3 oz chicken w/ veggies

Snack

cheese

dinner

Some type of Protein

Tea somewhere in between along with Water.

After burning my daily calories' date=' I consume about 600-700 calories.

[/quote']

At 4 weeks post-op, I can eat around 2oz I think. Sometimes, maybe a little more and sometimes a little less. It depends on the food. I can eat 1 hard boiled egg, but not one more bite of anything else or it will come back up. Today, I had some poached Atlantic char (similar to a lighter salmon) for lunch and ate a little more than 2 oz. It's not as dense as the boiled egg.

Cottage cheese is my go to food. I eat 1-2 oz depending on if I've put any berries or peaches with it.

I'm simply not fretting about the quantity. I keep up with all of it on MyFitPal app, but once it's entered, I've moved onto something else in my life. Not food! Yay!!!

Washda, i noticed you didn't drink a protien shake...i'm really leaning this way as the Protein Shakes are really messing up my stomach and are a dread to drink each day...and they make me so full, its hard to get in any other liquids for hrs afterwards...i can only get in about 2oz at a time of foods...half of an egg is max i can get in...took me 2 hrs but i got a little mini brie cheese in and a greek yogurt, but i can't do this with every meal...i can only get about 4 to 5 cups of total fluids in...never more then that...i'm torn and feeling guilty because i think i have to ditch the shakes all together because they really make me not feel well and restrict my drinking....so frustrating :(

I'm 7 weeks out and eating about 4 -5 ozs a meal (but having no problem when it comes to Protein shakes) ...the hard part is the Water seems I can't get it all in. Just got cleared from the doctor to eat whatever I want just watch out for bread! And no lifting restriction....only thing is I'm stalled and only 28 lbs down so far. Dang scale won't budge. Getting frustrated- cant up my excersising cause I have foot problems- but have an MRI next week! Just got to figure out to "nudge" that dang sneaky scale!

I'm 7 weeks out and eating about 4 -5 ozs a meal (but having no problem when it comes to Protein shakes) ...the hard part is the Water seems I can't get it all in. Just got cleared from the doctor to eat whatever I want just watch out for bread! And no lifting restriction....only thing is I'm stalled and only 28 lbs down so far. Dang scale won't budge. Getting frustrated- cant up my excersising cause I have foot problems- but have an MRI next week! Just got to figure out to "nudge" that dang sneaky scale!

Masko, when I have been at a stall, I eat a little more and it tends to get wl back on track. Also, u may be losing inches.