Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks out: How many oz. are you eating?

I'm curious as to how many oz. of food you can eat 7 weeks out.

When I was 7 weeks out, I struggled to get down 3oz. It took me hours to eat, so I relied on yogurt and Protein Shakes. I am 5 months out and still struggle to get in 4oz at times. Good luck to you.

Hi.im 7 weeks out and ive never had a complaint with food so far.i eat 6oz with no problem at all for my main meals and 2 oz for Snacks. And i also have two 125 ml Protein shakes.i eat three main meals and two snacks and two Protein Shakes and 2 litres of Water divided into 250 ml each time.

I am trying to find my routine: sip, sip, sip you need 64 oz, but stop 30 mins prior-eat slow-wait 30 mins after eating, drink your protein- need 80 grams, but don't take your Calcium within 30 mins of dairy, take your multi Vitamin twice a day but not close to your calcium, start introducing soft foods. I can't get my routine down?

Catherine I struggle with getting it all in as well. I just do the best I can each day. It is a juggling act. I still up and drinking cause I was a little behind on my liquids!

don't take your Calcium within 30 mins of dairy,

Wait. What?

take your multi Vitamin twice a day but not close to your calcium,

Does your Multivitamin have Iron?

I'm curious as to how many oz. of food you can eat 7 weeks out.

I'm 8 weeks out tomorrow, I've been eating 4oz but I was able to eat an entire 8oz of cup of cioppino on Saturday and it didn't hurt me.

I'm 2 weeks out, started on pureed foods...I'm getting about 2 shakes in a day (total of 48gms of protein), and a total fluids of 5 cups max at this time...I've tried to "eat" but nothing more then a couple of teaspoons or maybe a tablespoon at a meal once a day....i swear i think i have a 1oz tummy! It takes nothing to fill it...I licked the back of a Peanut Butter spoon tonight for dinner! Is this how my life is going to be always? I can't imagine how i can LIVE with a stomach so small...i envy those who have 6oz tummies and no problems getting fluids in and all their protien....i don't see how that is going to happen for me...and i have the permanent case of hickups with each and every sip or bite i take!! Please someone tell me my stomach will get bigger over time! I really am worried i'll eventually end up hoked to some IV solution to get all my nutrients in :(

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the post but I must correct myself: it's the multi vit. That you keep away from dairy not the Calcium. I just rechecked my sheet from NUT.

Catherine i couldnt eat much till i was 3-4 weeks out but somehow things fell into place after that.i get up at 6 a.m.and by 8,i finish 250 ml Water and 125 ml Protein Shake, then around 8.45 i eat my breakfast..then 30- 45 minutes after i have water then for snack, i have 1oz sunflower seeds and 2 prunes or someother combo of dry fruits.im a vegetarian so ive to work extra hard for my protein.my Breakfast is generallt one hard boiled egg or egg white with greek yogurt.when im done with one meal i put an alarm on my phone for my next water and snack n so on.things will fall into place for you also.its just a matter of time.and it takes a lottttttttttt of planning.its like a full time job.all the best.

I'm 2 weeks out' date=' started on pureed foods...I'm getting about 2 shakes in a day (total of 48gms of protein), and a total fluids of 5 cups max at this time...I've tried to "eat" but nothing more then a couple of teaspoons or maybe a tablespoon at a meal once a day....i swear i think i have a 1oz tummy! It takes nothing to fill it...I licked the back of a Peanut Butter spoon tonight for dinner! Is this how my life is going to be always? I can't imagine how i can LIVE with a stomach so small...i envy those who have 6oz tummies and no problems getting fluids in and all their protien....i don't see how that is going to happen for me...and i have the permanent case of hickups with each and every sip or bite i take!! Please someone tell me my stomach will get bigger over time! I really am worried i'll eventually end up hoked to some IV solution to get all my nutrients in :([/quote']

Give it some time . The sleevers I know who are a year out say they can eat pretyy much everything. Your sleeve is small now but will stretch. I want to keep mine small as long as I can!

I am 6 weeks out and I cannot eat one oz yet- I think I have a super small sleeve!! It is very frustrating because I have not even met half of my Protein goal yet! I'm jealous of people who can eat 3 oz!

It took me 2hrs yesterday, but i finally ate a whole greak yogurt and a mini brie wheel for lunch!! Now, at breakfast and dinner, i don't have 2 hrs to eat so its a 15 min. deal and thats it! In that way, i can only get in about a tablespoon....so, not sure how 'big" the tummy is if i have to take 2 hrs to eat ;)