Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The doubting game begins :/

I think it's natural to have doubts and fears. I've only got a 3 1/2 week window between my initial consultation and surgery. I am confident in my surgeon, but am very scared of complications, failure and death. Now that I've started my pre-op diet, I've started second guessing myself thinking that I might be able to do this on my own. I've never been successful in keeping weight off before, though. I am praying that everything goes perfectly and trying my best to do exactly what the surgeon says.

I'm a lil scared myself... But after 3 yrs of Lookin for the right Dr. And finally gettin insurance to cover... I'm so ready for a new me. Ready for a lifestyle change. So thankful God is goin with me each step of the way! :)

Good Luck & Prayers to you all!

Tc's Ready!

I am happy to see i'm not the only one getting cold feet sometimes =) but like you i too know this is what i want, thanks for sharing your story with me maybe we'll have surgery around the same time and can keep each other posted on our journey Good Luck tommorow hope all goes well i will be in for my first surgeon and NUT appointment this thursday then monday of next week i have a phsyc appointment a physical on tuesday and another NUT appointment thursday of next week ....so i have 5 appointments coming up between this week and next week maybe thats why i'm getting nervous because things are gonna start moving quickly "fingers crossed" lol

I went.. learned a lot, like I have to save $6,000.00 for my surgery, my pre op includes Protein like turkey, chicken, tuna and eggs so I am not going to have to starve like I thought :) My doctor wanted me to a facility and have the surgery where I would stay a night or two and I talked him into outpatient because of the costs and I am hoping to be sleeved between 11/1-11/15 Whoot!!

I very close to surgery. But I started this 2 yrs ago. I went to my first Dr apt and dropped out. Then scheduled a yr later and never showed. I to am a young wife and mother and struggled with the thought of possible death. But this time I scheduled my first visit I made sure I was absolutely ready for a life change and honestly I'm glad I waited 2 yrs I was ready and now I cannot wait for the doctors to call with a date! I hope you feel better with wls and only do it when you KNOW your ready. Good luck!

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies, support, and sharing your own thoughts and concerns. So i went to my first surgeon appointment today. My surgeon is just awesome great person explained everything that would go on before during and after surgery. He asked if i had any questions and my mind honestly went blank lol i told him i had been reading, getting informed and making sure i knew everything that had to do with these wls, his answer was i am always happy to hear my patients say they have done their research =) he asked which wls i was interested in i said the sleeve, he said good girl that is what i recommend for you. He ordered blood work got that done today, ordered an upper gi exam that'll be done next thursday, and i'll be seeing him again on August 22 to talk about the results and a date he said after these studies are done i should be all set to set my surgery date which will probably be sometime around September..OMGGGG its starting to feel real lol....Now i also went to the first NUT appointment today honestly i felt a little overwhelmed with all the info and how my life will change completely physically and nutrionally but its gonna be worth it because i also realized that ones we start getting used to the eating pattern after surgery it will all be somewhat easier especially after seeing that after stage 4 in nutrition we pretty much get to add most things back to our diet but much more carefully of course and in less portions. Anyways just wanted to update everyone this coming week i have 4 appointments and i should be all set until i see my surgeon for a date =)

Hi everyone I too am a newbie. I also have went back and forth with the decision since May. I never even considered this surgery before my mom passed in May. Now I just keep thinking...she was only 55. I have these genes. I just think not doing it would be crazy. I already the health issues that my mom also had, and eventually took her way too young. I came to the decision that this is something I MUST do. I dont have insurance, so I am just going to go to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. I will be having my regular doctor do all the clearances before I schedule my surgery. I just think you must weigh the pros and cons and make the best choice for yourself. I wish everyone good luck in their choices to make their own life better.

Hi everyone I too am a newbie. I also have went back and forth with the decision since May. I never even considered this surgery before my mom passed in May. Now I just keep thinking...she was only 55. I have these genes. I just think not doing it would be crazy. I already the health issues that my mom also had' date=' and eventually took her way too young. I came to the decision that this is something I MUST do. I dont have insurance, so I am just going to go to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. I will be having my regular doctor do all the clearances before I schedule my surgery. I just think you must weigh the pros and cons and make the best choice for yourself. I wish everyone good luck in their choices to make their own life better.[/quote']

Hi Jenni, so sorry for your loss, may your Mum rest in peace. Good luck hope all goes well for you.

Hi everyone I too am a newbie. I also have went back and forth with the decision since May. I never even considered this surgery before my mom passed in May. Now I just keep thinking...she was only 55. I have these genes. I just think not doing it would be crazy. I already the health issues that my mom also had' date=' and eventually took her way too young. I came to the decision that this is something I MUST do. I dont have insurance, so I am just going to go to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. I will be having my regular doctor do all the clearances before I schedule my surgery. I just think you must weigh the pros and cons and make the best choice for yourself. I wish everyone good luck in their choices to make their own life better.[/quote']

Hi Jenni77 welcome, so sorry for your loss :( i completely agree with you we have to weigh the pros and cons and think about what is best for our health. Although i am having so many doubts and thoughts about wls i also think on the fact that my pcp told me that because of my uterin linning becoming so thick because of no periods (i have pcos) she is worried it will eventually become cancerous, that itself pushes me to want to go ahead and do this surgery instead of waiting and then really regreting it :/ it sucks to have all these i do and i don't thoughts...but i know we will all be fine before we know it we will be chatting with each other on the "loosers bench" and supporting each other =) i wish you the very best throughout your wls surgery

Hi Jenni77 welcome, so sorry for your loss :( i completely agree with you we have to weigh the pros and cons and think about what is best for our health. Although i am having so many doubts and thoughts about wls i also think on the fact that my pcp told me that because of my uterin linning becoming so thick because of no periods (i have pcos) she is worried it will eventually become cancerous, that itself pushes me to want to go ahead and do this surgery instead of waiting and then really regreting it :/ it sucks to have all these i do and i don't thoughts...but i know we will all be fine before we know it we will be chatting with each other on the "loosers bench" and supporting each other =) i wish you the very best throughout your wls surgery

Thank You! :-)

Hi ya'll as some know i am a Newbie i have been waiting to start my appointments for wls since june and now that i am soo close to seeing my surgeon i am having soooo many thoughts and doubts and worries' date=' i'm trying to stay positive but its like 1 minute i am super excited that i'm finally gonna start my journey and the next i'm having doubts and of course i feel lost as far as what shakes i should buy etc. I know that once i start going to the NUT which is also on thursday i will get lots of answers to my questions as far as nutritions go. Last night i was reading through some posts here and i read 1 that was talking about a death in the family because of complications after surgery that got me really sad :( i worry about loosing all my hair after surgery as i have PCOS and right now my hair is falling off pretty bad my hormones are all over the place which isn't helping. I have 3 beautiful children whom are my life along with my husband and i just want to be able to enjoy the rest of my life with them and feel healthy again i am only 33 and haven't felt healthy and haven't been under the 200's in over 10 years don't get me wrong i am super excited of the thought of a healthier life and all the good that will come out of that i guess i'll just have to take it one day at a time. Sorry had to vent and i know this would be the best place to do so.[/quote']

Hey Betsy! I am 33 and also have PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2008. I have 2 kids and haven't been under 200 since I was 20. We have a lot in common! I have been thinking about weight loss surgery for a long time but dieting hoping that I wouldn't have to do it. But I just keep gaining and feel so old and that I am not participating in life.

I had my surgery 6 days ago. I am feeling decent. No surgery is ever super easy but mine went well. I am feeling the restriction and focusing on getting in my fluids this week. I am excited knowing that this year my life will definitely change. Not regretting my decision one bit.

HW 246

SW 242

CW 235

Height is 5'4

Good luck!

P.S. My doctor said that if you meet the Protein goals then your Hair loss should be minimal if at all.

Hey Betsy! I am 33 and also have PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2008. I have 2 kids and haven't been under 200 since I was 20. We have a lot in common! I have been thinking about weight loss surgery for a long time but dieting hoping that I wouldn't have to do it. But I just keep gaining and feel so old and that I am not participating in life.

I had my surgery 6 days ago. I am feeling decent. No surgery is ever super easy but mine went well. I am feeling the restriction and focusing on getting in my fluids this week. I am excited knowing that this year my life will definitely change. Not regretting my decision one bit.

HW 246

SW 242

CW 235

Height is 5'4

Good luck!

P.S. My doctor said that if you meet the Protein goals then your hair loss should be minimal if at all.

asdamato22...wow thanks for posting and sharing your story with me i greatly appreciate it. Like i've said b4 its good 2 know i'm not the only 1 feeling like this. Congrats btw on your surgery i am happy all went well that is always a plus =). I saw my surgeon went to all my appointments and now just waiting to see my surgeon again on the 22nd this month hoping i get my surgery date then, i am anxious and it feels like its soo far away yet i know its around the corner i feel much better as far as Nutrition info goes i got a load of info my NUT was really helpful. Now i just pray all goes well with insurance and then surgery. My labs already came back they told me everything looks great and my NUT said i no longer need to see her until after surgery because i am doing great as far as understanding the nutrition part of the surgery my upper GI also looked good \0/ ....i agree i too tried dieting in hopes of not having to have surgery but i just gained more or would just loose the max 15 lbs and then gain them all back and then some, my pcp recommended the wls and said that it needed to be done so here i am in the process =) i hope to read more about how you are feeling so please keep us updated i'd love to know how everything works out for you in the "loosers bench" that way i'll know what to expect take care and Congrats again!