Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we talk bras

I am a Lane Bryant fan myself. I have always bought their bras and they are awesome at fitting you anytime you need it. Because of the rapid weight loss and change in shape, they are always accommodating in fitting me whenever I need it. And, they are having a GREAT buy these days - buy 2, get 2 - scoop them up while you can!

Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought Lane Bryant, but I think I am going to have to check them out! I also have heard about Soma and was going to try them out.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I was never one to spend good money on bras but now I am willing because I want those ladies to look as good as they possibly can with what I've got to work with LOL!

wow, I may need to give LB another try. In the past when I've bought their bras (several years ago) I did not think that they were supportive enough. It sounds like they've improved them quite a bit.

I am a 36ddd and can't find a sports bra? Any recommendations?? Also having trouble finding a bathing suit... I like the assets swimsuits made by Spanx unfortunately they don't fit a ddd

I am a 36ddd and can't find a sports bra? Any recommendations?? Also having trouble finding a bathing suit... I like the assets swimsuits made by Spanx unfortunately they don't fit a ddd

Try Lands End for bathing suits -I've always had success there

Wacoal makes sports bras up to H! I have two :). I bought mine at Dillard's' date=' but they sell them at Nordstrom as well. I had good luck at sears honestly. It's totally not meant to fit my girls- but it actually holds them and contains them well.

post-44833-13813667934132_thumb.jpg

There's a picture of the top. I highly recommend a tankini. The halters allow me to keep the girls in check :)

Wacoal makes sports bras up to H! I have two :). I bought mine at Dillard's, but they sell them at Nordstrom as well. I had good luck at sears honestly. It's totally not meant to fit my girls- but it actually holds them and contains them well.

There's a picture of the top. I highly recommend a tankini. The halters allow me to keep the girls in check :)

post-44833-13813667934132_thumb.jpg

I live in an Atlanta suburb and just a few miles from where "The Double Divas" have their shop. I went over there and--wow!! Consider going to a lingerie shop that will fit exactly what you need. It can make a huge difference for you. I walked into that shop a 40D and walked out a 34GG. Thee difference in how I felt and looked was amazing! Just saying....

I live in an Atlanta suburb and just a few miles from where "The Double Divas" have their shop. I went over there and--wow!! Consider going to a lingerie shop that will fit exactly what you need. It can make a huge difference for you. I walked into that shop a 40D and walked out a 34GG. Thee difference in how I felt and looked was amazing! Just saying....

I have been a huge Soma fan for many years. As I go down through the sizes I've been taking my old bras with me and donating them. They take your old bras and then donate them to women in shelters. This is working very good karma wise for me as I seem to need new bras every 2 months or so so far. I buy one in light nude and one in black each time I go down a size. I've gone from a 44DD to a 38D already.

Lord have mercy my boobs are like slinkies or something. They are sagging' date=' literally a few inches from my belly button and are so "wobbly." I have gone down quite a bit but am still wearing a D cup but because of the loss of breast tissue or whatever they are so pliable. Really like a slinky. I kind of mold them into the bra but they just don't sit right, they spill this way or that way and are still saggy.

What bra have you found to be really supportive and uplifting? I don't know that I will ever have the money or truly make the plunge to get a breast lift, so my bra is my first line of defense.

Suggestions?[/quote']

Elaine Bryant they have all sizes and usually buy one get one half off they also will fit you free I of charge. They do have a mind of their own

Sports Bra Victora's Secret Incrediable......36DDD LOVE it

Nordstroms has really good bras and someone who can measure and fit you properly. Maybe alittle underneath padding to push them up.

Lane Bryant is the only place I've bought bras (except sports bras) in years! They will fit you for free and they have varying levels of coverage' date=' support and padding depending on what you're looking for. I've gone from a 48DDD to a 40F and can't find anything else as supportive. I have a lot of "side boob" or excess skin under my arms. I have found some there that are full coverage and go high enough under my armpits so I'm not spilling out anywhere.

Btw, right they have the semi-annual sale going on that is buy 2 get 2 free but I think it only goes a few more days.[/quote']

Well that's great. I made sure I got to that sale lol. I once wore a 46ddd now I'm down to a 42f and I love the feeling. Hopefully they go down some more. Good luck on your girlies.

It is so hard to find a bra in anything above ddd any place other than lane bryant. Love love love that sale! Nordies also has nice elomi and wacoal bras reasonably priced too.