Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really appreciate all of your replys here! And praying this is for me. With that said I'm going to have this done God Willing. I'm so happy and relieved I found this group....

I am just over 3 months post op and so far no regrets. Sure I wish I could eat more but that really isn't a regret, that would just be the fat guy in me talking...

The first few days after surgery I was miserable. I think it was the anesthesia and morphine. Once I was home, aside for some gas and back pain I have had a great recovery. I am down 49lbs and I will be 8 weeks post op tomorrow! I feel more energetic and have more confidence already. I do miss food but I keep telling myself that is a small price to pay for my health!

My only regret is that I wish I would have done this sooner. :)

I regret it, but I am in a teeny tiny minority here. Most people who follow the guidelines lose weight & love their sleeve. I have had no complications except dehydration and the dreaded Hair loss & I have lost 80+ lbs, but I do regret the surgery. In a nutshell, I thought after a year of preparation I was ready to live a new way, eat and drink a new way...but I wasn't. I am not me now, my life is not the same, eating and drinking this way - and I miss me and I miss the life I had. Now 4 plus months, I am working diligently on acceptance and peace with my decision...just suckin' it up and movin' on, cause what is done is done. I am lucky so far...no thirst & no hunger. I can't imagine drinking 64 oz of anything in a day, so far...but maybe it will get better in time. I can't imagine getting 70 gram of Protein so far, either. Those are my dr's guidelines...and I just feel too much discomfort still to take in that much. Everybody is different. Everybody's body reacts differently. I wish you the best of luck. Take care. My advice for after surgery - keep sipping and don't stop sipping & walk even though you may feel like that is the last thing in the world you want to do. Again, good luck!

Luckysmomma is the first person ive read that totally identifies with my personal experience..I hit deep depression the first month out. Unshakeable like what have I done?? I still at 3mo out get upset I cant eat at gatherings but then it goes away and is slowly getting easier but the new tummy has a mind of its own, sometimes I throw up after a few bites of something that I tolerated just days before. I do tell myself that if I was able to eat n enjoy that entire juicy burger then I would be in the same miserable rut of food I was in before. I was angry at myself, Doctors, people that could eat lol... it takes awhile for your head to get on board with the whole huge drastic change.. i thought I would be one to embrace this instantly but I am learning just how food has become my life over the years and it sucks but im getting so much better as the weight comes off. You really really have to be strong and committed to this..I wasnt as strong as I thought. Since im ranting my surgery was in Mexico April 8th this year with Dr Lopez/Ortiz MI Doctor. Was the experience wonderful? No. But it wasnt THAT bad. The recovery is tough... And im n out n about person! But thats just me... and being stubborn by not drinking n eating cuz u have no appetite..

Ok ok. My stats

April 8th/2013 my weight at surgery was 284

Today at 3mo out I am 216!

68 pounds down. I had projected to lose 60 by 6mo so wow right?! I get compliments at the office daily, by family n friends as well..my labs are great as of last Monday and shopping for new clothes is the biggest payoff. I cheeeeeze while buying now.. ;)

Not to mention a growing huge box of old fat clothes going far far away lol..shop at Goodwill or yard sales cuz ive went down almost 6sizes so wait til ur at your goal or close to get them Miss me jeans mmkay? Lol ...my biggest advice to anyone pre-op surgery would be to not have perfect expectations as i did, know that you will have to work hard to keep your nutrition at bay and when you are feeling like a trainwreck know that it does get better and to hop on this group even if u dont talk you get lots out of it (my personal info guru would be Laura-Ven) and drink drink drink I drink 3 24oz Water bottles throughout the day , that just all I get in.. and eat a few bites throughout the day whether it be a stick of cheese, few bites of cottage cheese, yogurt, hardboiled egg, egg drop Soup is my fave. My body does best with those foods daily and smoothies I make.. i just accept the fact that i cannot eat the same foods as people in the group are eating at 3months out ..cuz oh ya ive tried! But all in all im happy about the surgery OH AND U SAVE TONS OF MONEY ! I would easily spend. $200+ a week or more on fast food breakfast/lunch/dinner..lastly..... TAKE MILTIVITAMIN gummies. Ive been in this group over a year and this is the first time I have written a book LOL. The greatest of luck to all you Pre-Post peeps!

I regret it' date=' but I am in a teeny tiny minority here. Most people who follow the guidelines lose weight & love their sleeve. I have had no complications except dehydration and the dreaded hair loss & I have lost 80+ lbs, but I do regret the surgery. In a nutshell, I thought after a year of preparation I was ready to live a new way, eat and drink a new way...but I wasn't. I am not me now, my life is not the same, eating and drinking this way - and I miss me and I miss the life I had. Now 4 plus months, I am working diligently on acceptance and peace with my decision...just suckin' it up and movin' on, cause what is done is done. I am lucky so far...no thirst & no hunger. I can't imagine drinking 64 oz of anything in a day, so far...but maybe it will get better in time. I can't imagine getting 70 gram of Protein so far, either. Those are my dr's guidelines...and I just feel too much discomfort still to take in that much. Everybody is different. Everybody's body reacts differently. I wish you the best of luck. Take care. My advice for after surgery - keep sipping and don't stop sipping & walk even though you may feel like that is the last thing in the world you want to do. Again, good luck![/quote']

I have said those very words "I am not me" it changes you as a person entirely like a whirlwind. But as u said, everybody reacts different..you and I will just take longer than others..I have one friend that had the surgery 18months ago and he says he was that way for 6mo but now its like breathing so I hold on to that.. but I know exactly how u feel and I have not seen anyone else say that here.

Now I'm getting scared! Not from eating but getting Water intake fluids period I'm so having a lot of doubt! Sucks! 246 lost 10lbs in about 30days if I can get under 200 I will not get the surgery. But I'm Morbid obese now without health problems but don't want them in the future either. IDK what to do.

No regrets I am 7 months post op down 70 lbs and can eat and drink pretty much everything I want now which scares me I wish I felt more restricted but this is no quick fix I have to use self control or this will have been all for nothing you can do this best wishes

No regrets I am 7 months post op down 70 lbs and can eat and drink pretty much everything I want now which scares me I wish I felt more restricted but this is no quick fix I have to use self control or this will have been all for nothing you can do this best wishes

You can have some of my restriction! Ha!

The sleeve and the bypass surgery is eating and drinking the same after surgery?

I am just past the 3 week mark and I too feel like this was emotionally a little more than I had anticipated. Not eating IS extremely hard for me. It is hard to go from constant mindless eating of whatever you want to thinking about every morsel of puréed food and measuring every ounce of liquid. Some nights I stay up late just to get in my required intake. It is a full time job for a long while! This surgery is no joke and should be for those who have significant weight to lose IMHO. I was 340 in January, 295 day of surgery and 270 this morning. I hope to join the ranks of those with no regret some day! As for now I take it one sip at a time! No going back now !

I'm 18 months out and my ONLY regret, is that it wasn't an option 30 years ago.

I do NOT have a single regret other than letting my primary care physician talk me out of doing it a year sooner. I should have pushed to do it sooner.

I do miss being able to swig down unsweetened iced tea when I eat but life is so much better not weighing 268. I'm able to enjoy living and being with my young son so much more and let me tell you that the first time he hugged me and said "mommy, my arms reach around you" the feeling ranked up there near his birth.

I am SO GLAD I did the sleeve instead of gastric bypass. I have several family members who have had GBS and I am thankful beyond belief I have a complete digestive system.

The sleeve and the bypass surgery is eating and drinking the same after surgery?

Very similar immediately and for the first month or two post-op. The main difference is that with the sleeve you are less likely to experience "dumping syndrome" if you eat something with a lot of sugar and/or fat. That being said, everyone's experience is different. Also with the sleeve there are less problems with mal-absorption of nutrients since your small intestine isn't cut.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2