Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly do you have any regrets about getting the sleeve surgery? I guess I'm just nervous and don't no what to expect! My paperwork will be submitted on the 8th my last Nutritionists meeting I'm down 10lbs on my own hard work.I will talk to my doctor she hasn't really gave me specific details I pretty much did the research myself and thanks to you'll with tips advice my biggest fear is not able to get Water in that I love so much.My reason for surgery is to prevent any sicknesses that can come from being Morbid obese so please any advice or questions to ask my doctor I no at the end of the day it's just business for them but this is the biggest thing I have/will do far as surgery. Current weight is 246 goal is about 160-170 5'6 1/2.

Not me. I am very glad I had the VSG done. I still get in plenty of water--about 80 to 100 oz a day. at first you really have to sip all day long, but now I can pretty much drink it like I did before surgery (though sometimes it makes me burp a little bit, which never happened before--obviously I am cognizant of that when I am in public and try to avoid it...lol).

Hi. We have the same pre op stats in terms of height and weight. I was 240 day of surgery. I am down to 205 and will be 8 weeks post tomorrow. I had no pre op diet. I am really happy I did this and I have no problems getting anything in at this point including Water.< /p>

Great job for 8wks out! Thanks for replying.

Thanks. I think I'm considered a but of a slow loser but I am happy with it. I'm a revision so I was warned that could happen. Good luck to you!

No Regrets, or as Tom Rush said:

No regrets, no tears goodbye

Don't want you back, we'd only cry, again

Say goodbye, again

I had buyers remorse when I was in the hospital... My tummy was very angry at me & let me know!!

I wouldn't change it for the world now! Best move I have ever made!!! You will have no regrets! When the lbs start pouring off & your energy level is amazingly high... You will be so excited :)

I spent 5 months in the hospital due to complications with my surgery..Would I do it all over again....YES...

I have so much energy 9 months out it is scary.....I have lost 131.4 lbs as of now and would have never done that other wise.....I feel like a different person and loving every moment as the new me uncovers herself......

Trust me that your Dr. does not look at this surgery as business...They are in it to help obese people get their lives back....

I saw mt surgeon last week and he could not stop smiling he was so happy for me...He almost started to cry..

They can easily find other surgeries to perform that would be less risk and make small changes in people for the good....Look at her that way and even ask her why she got into this in the first place...You may be surprised....

I was...

You can do this...... :)

You have to take the long view...the older and sicker you are, the harder it'll be...there is a teeny tiny statistical chance of complication...the first few weeks are hard--no lie. But 15 months out, I am truly a new woman! I have hope and optimism, after 50 some years of defeat. Started at 5'5" and 254, down to the high 160s---energy, no meds, cute clothes, 80-100 oz Water (crystal light) a day, eat virtually everything (tho I keep carbs on the low side to curb cravings). Love my sleeve, would hop back up on the table right now!!

Honestly do you have any regrets about getting the sleeve surgery? I guess I'm just nervous and don't no what to expect! My paperwork will be submitted on the 8th my last Nutritionists meeting I'm down 10lbs on my own hard work.I will talk to my doctor she hasn't really gave me specific details I pretty much did the research myself and thanks to you'll with tips advice my biggest fear is not able to get Water in that I love so much.My reason for surgery is to prevent any sicknesses that can come from being Morbid obese so please any advice or questions to ask my doctor I no at the end of the day it's just business for them but this is the biggest thing I have/will do far as surgery. Current weight is 246 goal is about 160-170 5'6 1/2.

Not a single one. I wish I could have gotten it done years ago. Initially I couldn't drink as much Water as I could other liquids. So I incorporated Vitamin Water Zero into my day and not a problem at all. I get in about 80-100oz a day also. I had a very easy recovery, and thanks to VST was ready for all the little things that only someone who has been through it would know.

One of the things I did alot of research on was which surgeon to use. I'm lucky to be in an area where they are plentiful. I read reviews and backgrounds etc. Fortunatley I found a wonderful combination of skill, compassion and experience. I could not have been happier.

I would be surprised if you couldn't find an answer to every question you have if you search VST. Good luck!!

Mt only regret is that I didn't do this soon. The beginning, pre-op diet and first month post-op aren't easy but you can do it. Make sure you have confidence in and trust your surgeon. Mine was part of a bariatric center of excellence and he answered all my questions and concerns very directly and honestly. My other piece of advice is to be sure you ate psychologically ready for the massive life-style change and also for the risk of a major surgery.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2

Yes, I sometimes regret that I can't eat a lot of food like everyone else. Which is exactly why I needed the VSG ;-)

NOT 1 regret here!!! You won't have any.

Thanks. I think I'm considered a but of a slow loser but I am happy with it. I'm a revision so I was warned that could happen. Good luck to you!

Congratulations, Fixerupper! Just curious though--who considers you to be a "slow loser"...your surgeon? Because in my book, a loss of over 4 lbs per week is pretty dang fast. I would say that it's actually above average from what I've seen here (and certainly faster than I've lost, and I'm still satisfied with my progress after 5 months).

I agree with everyone else here - no regrets. I wish sometimes that I did this sooner though honestly I don't think I could have handled all the changes one needs to make when I was younger. It happened at the right time and place. You have to be ready but you also need to be convinced this is the best way to permanently lose the weight. Trying to prevent eventual chronic deadly disease is one of the best reasons I can think of to get this surgery. Based on my family history and my weight there was no way I wouldn't get diabetes. My grandfather had it and died in his 50s. My father has it and barely manages to stay off insulin. I did NOT want it to happen to me!

And on another note, I can drink Water post op just as easily as pre-op. I feel like I can't get enough of it actually because this summer's heat and humidity are making me nuts!